Champ213

Any old school bands?

VERY helpful, thanks. =D

We've actually got all those tracks except for Goth-Trad and The Lowbrows.

Your welcome. The Goth-Trad songs are more into dubstep, but they can go on very well with some harder EBM songs, and that The Lowbrows track is like a lost and found Soft Cell song, loving it. <3

Any suggestions for stuff reminiscent of Malice Mizer? Not them exactly but their style and errr feeling?

Just yesterday I learned of Art Cube, and have been listening to Suna no Hana by them pretty steadily all day, and they fit what i'm looking for in a way..

I dunnoe how to say it.. whimsical music? I'm not sure if that would be right... :spin:

^ maybe Koji, Lareine, Kaya, Juka

need stuff similiar to plastic tree

I've read that merry and deadman are similiar but I can't stand them

which era of Plastic Tree?

my favourite album is neja to poji

so around that era?

if it helps I like the whole grungy sound they sometimes have, but the melodic melancholy sound too

I was listening to Kimonos today and was curious about Leo Imai. Does anyone recommend any particular albums by him by any chance? Was he in any other bands?

can someone recommend me something what sounds like Neon,Canzel,daizystripper,Toon factory,born,tokyo michael,lam. or RED universe?

more alike these specific very catchy soft songs like toon factory-last scene,lam.-andante,daizystripper-rude boy,canzel-heart and neon-namida hoshi.

thanks

I was listening to Kimonos today and was curious about Leo Imai. Does anyone recommend any particular albums by him by any chance? Was he in any other bands?

I loved LASER RAIN

I loved LASER RAIN

yea I thought LASER RAIN was definitely a great album too.

Could anyone recommend me bands that sound like アルカラ and cinema staff as in 水平線??夜動?? Just encountered both a couple of weeks ago & they really grow on me. Thanks in advance. :D

I'm out of screaming visual kei bands to listen to can anyone suggest some new ones from 2010-present similar to yaminade, since1889, Vanessa, and Black:List?

Hey Guys, I was wondering if somebody could suggest a good albums of cali≠gari? I have only heard their 9 School Zone hen single and I enjoyed it except the PPPH song >

If you like the 9 single, then you will definitely enjoy their album called "10" (it was released just after 9), or their latest mini album called "Janai" (or a ≠ sign).

I uploaded some stuff by them not too long ago HERE (I suggest trying them from bottom to top).

Guest Naru

LOUDNESS -> viewtopic.php?f=13&t=6605

Best Japanse Metal ever.

and a band who was very famous in europe and america too in the 80ties :3 and still very know to older metal fans.

And who can still rock on the stage!! haha

Hey Guys, I was wondering if somebody could suggest a good albums of cali≠gari? I have only heard their 9 School Zone hen single and I enjoyed it except the PPPH song >

If you like the 9 single, then you will definitely enjoy their album called "10" (it was released just after 9), or their latest mini album called "Janai" (or a ≠ sign).

I uploaded some stuff by them not too long ago HERE (I suggest trying them from bottom to top).

wow that was fast! :) Thanks for the recommendations! ^^

Could anyone recommend me bands that sound like アルカラ and cinema staff as in 水平線は夜動く? Just encountered both a couple of weeks ago & they really grow on me. Thanks in advance. :D

since no one else has taken this I'll help...

Try NICO Touches the Walls and Serial TV Drama, also might want to check out ACIDMAN if you don't know them already (their pretty popular)...

you can find music by all those bands across the web, including here.

also if you've only gotten into アルカラ through their newest album, then you might want to check out their last two albums, I've ripped and uploaded them both before but I'm not sure if you can find them on the web easily or not... so here I had these links laying around on my MF account:

[2008] そうきたか

[2009] BOY NEXT DOOR

Just let me know if these were along the lines of what you were looking for, if not I'll see if there's something else I can recommend :D

I actually have checked the other two of アルカラ's releases of which you mentioned, Nico Touches the Walls & ACIDMAN. The only one which is left untouched is Serial TV Drama, so I'll try them out. Thanks! :D

I use to get this magazine and one issue I got this Ayabie CD with the song Canary. I really like this song actually but I've tried other songs of their (stuff that was PVs on YouTube) and didn't like any of it. Is there other songs in their disco that is like this or another band with a similar style? Thanks :mrgreen::mrgreen:

Il-n6GxeAF4

I use to get this magazine and one issue I got this Ayabie CD with the song Canary. I really like this song actually but I've tried other songs of their (stuff that was PVs on YouTube) and didn't like any of it. Is there other songs in their disco that is like this or another band with a similar style? Thanks :mrgreen::mrgreen:

Il-n6GxeAF4

It is indeed something they've never done before but I recommend you: TheMe, Tsukuyomi, GAME, but those are just losless songs. I advise you to download the Melt Away single and the Rikkaboshi mini album, that's a great way to start, two very good releases by them.

i really suggest giving "Goodbye。" a listen, its their "best hits" album from way back, and gives a good batch of songs they got popular for... other than that, 6th album is good too mainly for the select few tracks (mama ga...etc)

caligari is a hard band imo to give suggestions for complete albums because frankly the stuff they do/did are somewhat bipolar. also best to check out all their stuff and see what kind of sound from them your really enjoy.

_______

edit - i would also like to pimp Tavito Nanao, he's like, weird and brilliant.

Il-n6GxeAF4

It is indeed something they've never done before but I recommend you: TheMe, Tsukuyomi, GAME, but those are just losless songs. I advise you to download the Melt Away single and the Rikkaboshi mini album, that's a great way to start, two very good releases by them.

Rikkaboshi for sure, the first virgin snow color album has some great songs, and quite a few of the earlier singles(with Ryohei) have moments of greatness.

Il-n6GxeAF4

It's technically their first major song, so you might want to try their first major Single "Aitakute" and their Irodori Album. Also their last Indie-Releases might be worth a try (Melt Away, Mikazuki no Kiseki, electric moon light and twilight)