Champ213

Any old school bands?

For some darker bands, I think Diaura is a decent band worth checking out. The singer has an amazing voice.

Spoiler

Edited by monkeybanana4
mistake ^^;

2 minutes ago, monkeybanana4 said:

Not sure but if you like more of Kamijo's voice, you could check out Versailles. He sounds a bit different in it, but I think it's worth checking out ^^

Reveal hidden contents

Also for some darker bands, I think Diaura is a decent band worth checking out. The singer has an amazing voice.

Reveal hidden contents

I have checked out Versailles but Diaura sounds sick. Might give em a try

There are some names in your list I like very much.

I think kizu may interest you too. They are popular in the VK scene bul also good.

Spoiler

And if I can reccomend a western name try early Muse (there is plenty of good stuff in their late discography too, even if more "commercial" oriented tho)

Edited by Arkady

12 hours ago, monkeybanana4 said:

For some darker bands, I think Diaura is a decent band worth checking out. The singer has an amazing voice.

Hide contents

Seconded ❤️

On 5/14/2019 at 5:44 PM, psychonnect_rozen said:

Recently, I have been listening to other VK bands such as Sadie and Phantimasigoria and I was wondering what are other good bands to check out. Anything will be appreciated!

Moved to the general Recommendations thread ^^

On 4/13/2019 at 3:08 PM, Sahzx said:

I need to listen to sad songs or with a melancholy or somber mood. Help me please.

Kinda late but this is what comes to my mind right now with the word melancholy. 

On 5/18/2019 at 9:01 PM, Neigedesmannes said:

Kinda late but this is what comes to my mind right now with the word melancholy. 

Nothing like the sweet voice of hisui, what a great band.

Personally, one of the bands that i've found pretty nice to listen to is Diet-Coke Head Barbie Dream, great alternative classic late 90s visual kei.

Just now, chipathy said:

Warumono only has 3 songs out but theyre probably the newest band to sort of sound like rshitei 

Love them, listen to the single all the time!

1 hour ago, secret_no_03 said:

Since I didn't really find anything for R指定, how about recommendations for bands like Deviloof?

Paging @VkBrutaliaN

The only br00tal kei bands coming to mind rn is like jiluka, dimlim with issei, dexcore, nocturnal bloodlust, madmans esprit, nazare

3 minutes ago, chipathy said:

Paging @VkBrutaliaN

The only br00tal kei bands coming to mind rn is like jiluka, dimlim with issei, dexcore, nocturnal bloodlust, madmans esprit, nazare

I've been off and on with JILUKA, love DEXCORE, Nocturnal are decent, I've heard of the Korean guys, but haven't listened to them and I have been trying to adapt to NAZARE the past week.

6 minutes ago, chipathy said:

They're not really deathcore but just other heavy bands I'd recommend are 12012, sadie, unsraw, awoi, signal, oz, nega

I like the first era of 12012, all of Sadie, UnsraW and OZ. I'll have to go back and listen to Nega again and I'll check out Awoi and Signal. 🙏

What are some good recommendations for newcomers to Visual Kei?

The only ones I do recommend for newcomers are:

GAUZE by Dir En Grey

Mother by Luna Sea

Merveilles by Malice Mizer

Inspire and Climax by La'Mule

2 minutes ago, psychonnect_rozen said:

What are some good recommendations for newcomers to Visual Kei?

The only ones I do recommend for newcomers are:

GAUZE by Dir En Grey

Mother by Luna Sea

Merveilles by Malice Mizer

Inspire and Climax by La'Mule

Something with a lot or all English and not too over the top. Starting someone off with 90's visual kei, whether or not it's the cornerstone of the genre, isn't always a good idea. Potentially a metalcore or brutal band.

2 minutes ago, secret_no_03 said:

Potentially a metalcore or brutal band.

I don't think newcomers will like that stuff honestly. I know many people would LOVE that stuff but I often recommend the softer stuff because I always find that stuff more appealing. I recommend the heavy stuff if they enjoy heavy music. 

18 minutes ago, psychonnect_rozen said:

I don't think newcomers will like that stuff honestly. I know many people would LOVE that stuff but I often recommend the softer stuff because I always find that stuff more appealing. I recommend the heavy stuff if they enjoy heavy music. 

Well, unless they're female, a heavier sound is more likely a good idea since a good majority of heavier bands fans scew more male than female in Japan. Females are more likely to be able to appreciate something soft or upbeat more than your typical man. 

I'm going to see Miyavi for the first time in like 9 years this August because a friend invited me to go with her, and I was thinking I should catch up with his newer releases to get ready.

I haven't listened to anything he's put out since Samurai Sessions vol. 1 except for the collabs he did with KenKen and SKY-HI. Any recommendations for which releases to start with / which ones to avoid?