Trombe

MERRY new maxi single "Happy life" release

it is announced at MERRY live tour "Grateful Year 2015「NOnsenSe MARkeT 1F」" at Shinjuku LOFT at 2015/05/10 that their new maxi single (title not yet finalized) will be released at 2015/08/05, although details have not yet been announced

title of their new maxi single is finalized as "Happy life" (2 TYPE)

limited edition (2,500yen) will include CD (2 songs)+DVD, and regular edition (1,300yen) will include CD (3 songs) only

banner_single_happylife20150530.jpg

I'm not digging the entire wave of hipster-ish looks in VK, this looks exactly like that 12012 produced band that just popped out, but always excited for new merry!!

inb4 deathmetal single and dir en grey covers realness sound, August release lol

this could potentially sell in north america, though, so idk. they can always come back with more VK-ish looks for next singles, and concert attire as well.

slay, eroguro kings.

According to the description on the official site, it'll be a classic Merry retro song with a catchy melody, but the lyrics are about the sense of well-being in present day Japan. That's a nice change, since the last album was all about what's wrong in Japanese society. Can't wait!

^ He's been ill for quite a while now, he had some sort of damage to his neck at one of the shows iirc.

edit: to quote Trombe:

Ba.テツ(tetsu) has been diagnosed to suffer from cervical central cord injuries, and it takes 3 months for his full recovery

This was in 2013 October tho... hope he'll be better soon. :( (I think I've heard they only let him play the encores at shows for now)

^ He's been ill for quite a while now, he had some sort of damage to his neck at one of the shows iirc.

edit: to quote Trombe:

This was in 2013 October tho... hope he'll be better soon. :( (I think I've heard they only let him play the encores at shows for now)

Damn... that really sucks D:

[CD track list]
01.Happy life
02.臆病者の眠り方(okubyoumono no nemurikata)
03.絶望(zetsubou) feat.増子直純(masuko naozumi) from 怒髪天(dohatsuten) (included in regular edition)

[limited edition DVD track list]
Grateful Year 2015「NOnsenSe MARkeT B1」2015.02.27 Shimokitazawa CLUB QUE
01.NOnsenSe MARkeT
02.不均衡キネマ(fukinkou kinema)
03.暗闇にピンク(kurayami ni pink)
04.罪(tsumi)
05.Zombie Paradise~地獄の舞踏曲(jigoku no butoukyoku)~
06.stupid×cupid
07.sweet powder
08.千代田線デモクラシー(chiyodasen democracy)
09.「東京」(tokyo)
10.Carnival
11.梟(fukurou)
12.群青(gunjou)

"Hey guys, I don't have any more new song ideas."

"That's okay, we'll just put Zetsubou on the single like last time, but with a different 'featuring' vocalist."

"Brilliant!"

:wan-32:

i have no problems with any problems with merry .

i am actually ok with a photo with gara smiling -

(besides, they've been smiling before)

just bring new materials and bring back tetsu .

I'm not one to care about visuals but MERRY was always the band that had such a unique look. Like Gara always being barefoot or the suit and tie look. The pulled it off best. But this... This along with their last video with all the guest stars. This "era" sucks. I liked their last album. A lot. Way better than anything they've released the past years but they need to get it together with this average look.

but where is that supposed ''retro'' element hidden tho cuz i'm not hearing it