Trombe

MEJIBRAY new mini album "VENOMS.app" release

honestly disagree with you. i only became a mejibray fan after 420 theatrical roses and i never cared (outside a few tracks) before  - people really overlook that album and its baffling from my perspective as to why. their first album wasn't to my taste. slivers.exe struck no chord with me either. 

honestly disagree with you. i only became a mejibray fan after 420 theatrical roses and i never cared (outside a few tracks) before  - people really overlook that album and its baffling from my perspective as to why. their first album wasn't to my taste. slivers.exe struck no chord with me either. 

I still keep playing 420 on a regular basis and it has grown on me exponentially since its release. Outside from godzette it's my favorite vk album in a long time. 

I didn't care for slivers.exe or the first lp at first but those too have snuck up on me and I'm at the point where I can probably count all the songs I don't like from this band with two hands and don't they have like a few hundred by now. I hope they keep doing what they're doing and the h8 keeps a' comin' from every navel gazing self-appointed music critic on the world wide web.

...I hope they keep doing what they're doing and the h8 keeps a' comin' from every navel gazing self-appointed music critic on the world wide web.

I'm sure you're not taking a diss at me on this for no reason or anyone else who doesn't agree with your opinion. 

I'm glad people disagree though.  I don't think Mejibray does albums well as a whole and I actually hated Silvers.EXE. I think they shine with their singles mostly but Nepenthes was an alternate theatrical blue black with bland B-sides and Eiki was creative but really hard to tolerate with those vocals plus the B-sides were not that great. Other than the singles and Mr. rain wa shindafuri, I just didn't like the album as much as the first one though (which isn't saying too much). I'll take a standard good V-Kei album over a creative endeavor that leaves bland results to me (other than the songs mentioned from it above). I shouldn't have to say IMO, but since I'll probably get a slick diss, these are just my opinions. 

The intro it's super, the song is decent, but don't grow in me that much... but I can't judge a song for a preview and I'm still wanting to hear the mini. At least for me, sounds better than their recent releases.

Very good preview.
Piano intro and new song sounds awesome.
But that guitar in the end [1:07] sounds like intro from ViViD's Take-off.
Additionally replace "MEJIBRAY" to "T-t-t-t-take-off" xD
For me it's very similar xD

I'll always love how polarizing Tsuzuku is as a vocalist, "strangled cat" fits the bill 90% of the time and lots of people understandably can't stomach him and are baffled why anyone would like it.

On the other hand, I find myself repeatedly falling in love with the same awful qualities that I just mentioned. He's a sound that brings me back to Mejibray because I simply can't find it anywhere else. The dude makes me laugh, smile, raise eyebrows all day, and yes even feel.

As much as I know how "terrible" he is, he is within my top 5 on the scene and probably not moving any time soon lol. I would have to lie a lot to claim I don't love him (and I'm GOOD at lying) haha.

^ I wouldn't say he's a top-5 in my list but I totally get what you're saying! :D He's just...really fitting, and I couldn't imagine MEJIBRAY without him, no matter how weird or awful he might be at times. Kinda like how I was with NEGA and Jin.

Mejibray's efforts reminds me so much of Sadie at times.....

How? Consistency seems to be a major struggle with this band. They seem to take turns with dropping borderline cringe worthy, uninspired work and decent (emphasis on decent) songs, like this preview is hinting at. And even when the songs are decent, its NOTHING new. How many times now have we heard the copy paste drop C metalcore chord progression (and its "variations") already with a synth-ish backing track from Mejibray? You guessed it. Too many times. No better than the GazettE (who the vocalist i believe has a huge hard on for?) rehashing filth in the beauty and a few other key songs in almost every album, post Stacked Rubbish. 

I'll still give this mini a listen cuz MAYBE, JUST MAYBE I can find another Mejibray song(very few of those by the way) that I can call exceptional. 

LoL at Kairi preview...it was just mostly a build up. It sounds decent, but it sounds like something that'll grow on me over time not something that I'll immediately enjoy.

it sounds decent but it sounds as if someone sucked all the life and energy out of 'em

then again its only a brief preview

Sounds like pretty much the same energy level as The 420, but potentially more fleshed out songs

but does Mejibray ever really flesh shit out ? XD

...or just keep making us think they will

That's really good. Can't wait to hear more of 'kairi', that souned interesting but too short unfortunately.

Tbqh, I'm not fond of "old" MEJ (before 420), but this one sounds so good.