anieresus

己龍 (Kiryu)

They were one of the first bands i've heard on japanese scene, and i firstly enjoyed them, with songs like Kisai, Kyosei and others. The last song i liked from them was Etsu to Utsu (very sweet one) then i've found them so poor of ideas. I hope that after their latest album they go to something new and fresh :)

What's a good place to start with this band? I REALLY liked their 'kyuubi' single and the tracks they had on the 'FAMILY PARTY' compilation!

What's a good place to start with this band? I REALLY liked their 'kyuubi' single and the tracks they had on the 'FAMILY PARTY' compilation!

I've been into the band for about three years, but there was never anything that got me to "jump in" to their discography. 九尾 is one of my favourite singles of theirs. My other favourite single is アカイミハジケタ, off of the album 暁歌水月 (きょかすいげつ). I guess try 暁歌水月, because it seems to be their most "engaging" album.

First album and shuugetsu heika EP from the early stuff but in addition to that I'd recommend pretty much every single they've released since 2013. I was quite let down by the fourth album despite the singles completely slaying, while almost the opposite happened with the third album whatever that was called... Either way I liked it. 

愛怨忌焔 is a great, great single. Going through all the four tracks in succession is like kiryu performing a live exorcism it's fucking gr8

愛怨忌焔 is a great, great single. Going through all the four tracks in succession is like kiryu performing a live exorcism it's fucking gr8

Totally agree!

叫声 still be my favorite, even though I already listened to it like a billions times. 

They already released three singles, I wonder if they gonna release another single or straight to the album, but my gut says they'll release another single before releasing another album.

I haven't been a huge fan of their recent releases, but like mentioned above try their first album 明鏡止水,

Holy shit, I just realized how much getting into Kiryu can be a chore, haha. They have about 57 singles...

Anyway, my personal favorites are the following:
明鏡止水 (1st album)
水無桜 (2010 single)
屡流 (2010 single; don't love the a-side, but those b-sides)
鬼祭 (2011 single; don't love the a-side, but those b-sides)
朱花艶閃 (3rd album)
愛怨忌焔 (2013 single)

Glad to see you wanting to check them out, Cat!

I haven't been a huge fan of their recent releases, but like mentioned above try their first album 明鏡止水,

personally I recommend everything because these guys are what got me into vk

Agreed. Start from the beginning. I've been a fan since they formed and their transition is awesome.

Sakuyoi will always be there best song. I miss them

On 2016/4/15 at 4:34 AM, seikun said:

Does anybody understand what this man is saying about the band?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxsoXvrfWnk

Spoiler

after "-" is sub-title at 4:20 it listed
in "()" is some of his speaking
-song titles and lyrics all Japanese
  (hard to read, many fans introduce their lyrics in blog, interesting, looks good)
-use Japanese instrument
  (Japanese style is rare)
-their clothes have many colors
-good in performance (in vk)
  (he said many vk bands have bad performance orz)
-all member write ameba blog
  (some bands all member use one blog)
-have some dance or guitar or bass play video (on yutube and?), make fans feel insteresting and closer (I'm not very sure for this)
-grotesque parts are interesting (sorry I'm not sure for meaning of グロい)
-激しい(fierce?) rock with beatiful vocal
  (he said some band after 10s listen he'll know this song he don't like, but kiryu's, won't know until the end (but any relationship with this sub-title?))
  (he said many bands made long-length track, 5min, or more, but kiryu always make in 3min, give peaple time to listen one more time (...))
-(can find some influences by dir en grey)

(he mentioned deg, luna sea x, larc)
-shout, death voice, scream...

(but he said some people like while some people hate this)

here is totally meaning, maybe 85% correct, sorry for my poor English

Edited by ruki11

I love 己龍 to death they're definitely one of my favourite bands of all time! 泡洙 (Utakata) is probably my favourite song of all time but was anyone else a little disappointed with 私ハ傀儡、猿轡ノ人形 (Watashi wa kairai, sarugutsuwa no ningyo)? I really want to love it as much as their previous releases but I just can't get into it unfortunately... Oh well still love them to death though

They are currently  one of the best vkei bands in my view.

Mahiro's voice is very original and he's really skilled. Other members are very talented as well.

Their lyrics are so meaningful and full of wordplay.

Their music is high quality, they deserve to be way more popular.

Looking forward to their next relase.

1 hour ago, Reikatsumi said:

Is Mahiro going too leave the band? T__T

Thank you so much for the closing night [of the tour?]

I have been mentally prepared for this for a long time.

It was living proof that I face no regrets. Those are my feelings right now.

Be that as it may, my true disposition is rotten to the core. To think that I've had instances in many ways where I've wanted to throw it all out the window.

And yet I've kept going and arrived here after more than 10 years.

To now; and from here onwards.

Doesn't seem like he'll leave, I think it's more of a celebration of how far they have got. But then again with news of his eye condition getting worse, there will be an ending to the band at some point. I don't think they would carry on without Mahiro. 

Translation by @yuugure

Yeah, Mitsuki once said that Kiryu won't continue if any member leave. He would probably start new band with Takemasa if Kiryu disbanded.

So it's not time to cry yet? Is there chance they will continue as they are now?

3 minutes ago, Reikatsumi said:

Yeah, Mitsuki once said that Kiryu won't continue if any member leave. He would probably start new band with Takemasa if Kiryu disbanded.

So it's not time to cry yet? Is there chance they will continue as they are now?

At the end of the tweet Mahiro says he'll continue doing everything he has done up to now, so I don't think you need to cry just yet. 

So I'm coming home from Kiryu's show in Osaka and I'm really worried about Mahiro right now...

I'll do a proper live report tomorrow when I have more time but here's the "short" version of what happened.

From the very first song, Mahiro didn't have a lot of energy which was already making me worries but after a few songs, he got back to his normal levels of energy and so those worries went away.

But at the end the set before the encore, one of the staff members had to help him walk off of the stage.

For the MCs during the encore everything also seemed fine. Mahiro was even smiling a lot but for the very last song Mahiro looked really really tired and then when the song ended he was stumbling a little. And then started talking in this really delirious tone and I couldn't even really catch what he said. Then he was stumbling a lot more and bumped into the mic stand a few times and a staff member caught him before he fell down coming off of the stage. I don't think he fully fainted but he couldn't stand up straight. A good hand full of girls were crying after that (I teared up a little too). 

At the very end of the live Mitsuki was trying to calm everyone down and even made a joke about the 6-man tour they're doing next.

But after this, I really want them to take a long break...seeing Mahiro almost faint was so scary... And I really think he's pushing himself too hard. 

14 hours ago, utaulatias said:

So I'm coming home from Kiryu's show in Osaka and I'm really worried about Mahiro right now...

I'll do a proper live report tomorrow when I have more time but here's the "short" version of what happened.

From the very first song, Mahiro didn't have a lot of energy which was already making me worries but after a few songs, he got back to his normal levels of energy and so those worries went away.

But at the end the set before the encore, one of the staff members had to help him walk off of the stage.

For the MCs during the encore everything also seemed fine. Mahiro was even smiling a lot but for the very last song Mahiro looked really really tired and then when the song ended he was stumbling a little. And then started talking in this really delirious tone and I couldn't even really catch what he said. Then he was stumbling a lot more and bumped into the mic stand a few times and a staff member caught him before he fell down coming off of the stage. I don't think he fully fainted but he couldn't stand up straight. A good hand full of girls were crying after that (I teared up a little too). 

At the very end of the live Mitsuki was trying to calm everyone down and even made a joke about the 6-man tour they're doing next.

But after this, I really want them to take a long break...seeing Mahiro almost faint was so scary... And I really think he's pushing himself too hard. 

Wow... such a tragic situation for a great band like them... I wish I could travel to Japan and got to see them live before the worst happens...

I’m still working on the full report because there are a lot of important details that I wanted to fully write out so it might take me a little long but I wanted to say a few things before I get the time to finish it:
I don’t think people should worry too much right now about a disbandment because I don’t think Mahiro's eye condition was directly related to what happened at the live.
Even looking on Tanuki, most of the gyas contributed it to heat exhaustion (and to be fair, there’s been a really bad heatwave in Japan for the past week).

However, I do think that Mahiro has been pushing himself a lot recently because he knows his time with Kiryu is getting shorter. He really does care and love the band and the fans. And because he feels like his eyes are a burden to everyone, I think he’s pushing himself when he can to make up for it maybe. 
You can also see it in Mahiro’s post he made about a week ago.
Also, he’s doing less photo instores at the moment and wearing sunglasses when he can.
And again, I do really want them to take a break. Looking at their schedule from the past, they’re due for a new album and another 47 prefecture tour but I really really really hope they don’t do a really long tour and stick with short tours like they’ve been doing or just take a hiatus for at least until the end of the year (because BP Records always has New Year’s events so they’d probably have to play and do fan meets at it even if they did hiatus.)

Mahiro also made this tweet.

Translation:
Thank you so much to everyone for your concern.
I most definitely will be resting my body a lot for the Niigata performance, so thank you again. 
I want to bite into a peach.

So hopefully he’s feeling better.

I know is situation is not good ...  recently 😢.

So thanks you for this news.

On 7/16/2018 at 9:46 AM, utaulatias said:

Ok. Why anyone on the social media were talking about this? (Or I didn't saw it. Lucky me, I guess)

It's notorious that they need a break

13 hours ago, keilu said:

Ok. Why anyone on the social media were talking about this? (Or I didn't saw it. Lucky me, I guess)

It's notorious that they need a break

It's because Mahiro no tell much on his  illness for his bandmates and  his fans. His recent , he says is better on his  Twitter and  his blog 😊. Actually , he goes to tour B.P. Records x Resistar Records. He goes events with sunglasses and sometimes he's smiles.

Edited by Miku70