anieresus

己龍 (Kiryu)

45356527.png

Formed on September 17, 2007, ?? (Kiryu) is a visual kei band that takes its visual identity from traditional Japanese culture. Wearing elaborate outfits with stunning prints, the band often appears around breath-taking settings reminiscent of ancient Japan. Kiryu’s music does take some influence from their image, it can be calming and relaxing and matches very well with the idea of old Japan in a modern context. However, some of the band’s music has definite heavy metal tones and will surprise the listener with how forceful it can be.

Source: JaME

LINE-UP:

Vocal: ?? ?? (Mahiro Kurosaki) {EX-MADARA}

Guitar: ?? ?? (Mitsuki Sakai) {EX-????? (Kurara Zeroshiki)}

Guitar: ?? ?? (Takemasa Kujou) {EX-????? (Kurara Zeroshiki)}

Bass: ?? ?? (Hiyori Isshiki)

Drums: ?? ?? (Junji Tokai) {EX-??? (The Piass)}

DISCOGRAPHY:

(2008.03.25) ?????Shigami Sakura?

(2008.05.20) ?????????????ANOTHER SIDE ?Kaijou Ban??

(2008.05.20) ?????????????ANOTHER SIDE ?Ryuutsuu Ban??

(2008.07.02) ???????-2nd Press-?ANOTHER SIDE -2nd Press-?

(2008.09.12) ??????????????Misekake no Ame to Jikomanzoku no Muchi?

(2008.10.29) ????????Saigo no Koi/Murasaki Shoku?

(2008.11.26) ?????Shuugetsuheika?

(2009.01.17) ???Watashi?

(2009.03.02) ????Sakuragarami?

(2009.05.06) ????????Shuku Chiru Boku no Ao?

(2009.05.15) ??????????Chimimouryou no Chouryoubakko?

(2009.05.15) ????Oni Yuugi?

(2009.10.14) Shock Edge 2009?Omnibus?

(2009.10.21) ????Tsuki no Hime?

(2010.01.27) ?????Meikyou Shisui?

(2010.06.23) ??? ?Mina Sakura?

OHP

Myspace

I just had to add this band here. They are a really underrated though I'm happy because you don't see fangirls spamming their shoutboxes with "Kawaii" etc. If you haven't checked them out then what are you waiting for?

yea definitely an underrated band, but they're great. I loved their first album not to mention almost everything else they've done. and their live performances on their DVDs are amazing :D

Jonjon, as you probably know, you basically single-handedly got me into this band.

And I thank you for it! They are really awesome and are making their way, up the ranks of my lastfm charts.

Love the new single, love the album, love the mini album!

Jonjon, as you probably know, you basically single-handedly got me into this band.

And I thank you for it! They are really awesome and are making their way, up the ranks of my lastfm charts.

Love the new single, love the album, love the mini album!

I'm glad you liked them. And yes! I was surprise seeing you as a top listener on the last.fm page (:

Well I guess we're even because if it wasn't for you I would of never known ??????Lily Project?.

they're indeed a great underrated band

their latest release was really good!

let's hope psc wont add them on their band's wagon list <_<;

They are really awesome. One of the best visual rock band! Loving their music, how they mix visual rock with traditional oriental music! Their perfomance lives are amazing ;_; My favourite songs are ??,??? (new version), ???, ??, ?????????????, ????????? and ???!

One of my favorite bands, they're purely amazing.

Very unique, absolutely great.

And besides the awesome music, they are also beautiful dorks. Their alter-ego band says it all 8D

Love them

I like how they mix strange with traditional Japanese music. Their latest release had a fantastic song on it but other than that it was just alright. I think I like their unsigned releases better since they sound different from each other and stray from the neo-traditional sound.

They also bust out into the Tetris theme as well, which adds to the cool points.

I tried some songs, but it kinda gave me a "meh" thing. They just don't sound that great to me, kind of boring. Could've bee nthat I chose the wrong songs though

I tried some songs, but it kinda gave me a "meh" thing. They just don't sound that great to me, kind of boring. Could've bee nthat I chose the wrong songs though
Well what songs did you listen to?

I recommend:

???

???????

?

??

????

????

??

???

????-??-

Well what songs did you listen to?

I recommend:

???

???????

?

??

????

????

??

???

????-??-

Okay, I'll give those a try.

Only tried their latest album and their latest single (which was good though imo)

One of the best new bands in years, haven't put out a bad release yet - can't wait for ruru.

They're amazing. The best part is that they sounds a lot like the old Kagrra.

Since there isn't band like this nowadays, I hope they don't disband and keep with the good work without changing drastically their styles.

己??(kiryu) project "マイドラゴン(my dragon)" members:

Vo.ダンディー麻呂(dandy maro) (黒崎 眞弥/kurosaki mahiro)

Gt.??ャリティー三城(charity miki) (酒井 ????/sakai mitsuki)

Gt.ビューティー多摩(beauty tama) (???? 武政/kujou takemasa)

Ba.パンティー??猥(panty hiwai) (一色 日和/isshiki hiyori)

Dr.プリティー寿々(pretty juju) (??海 准??/tokai junji)

http://ameblo.jp/kiryu-takemasa/entry-10579733401.html

aww thanks for the post!

i wanted to see pic of my dragon for a long time

ahahahaha the look xDD

the bee costume xDD

(oh lol the last message above was mine?!)

what's up with the low voice in new pv song.

i mean i like it in my dragon but i don't like it in kiryuu

sounds a little meh to me

(didn't he get more low? i can't be the only one who hear this)

They're amazing. The best part is that they sound like a weird mix of old Kagrra + old Aicle.

fix'd

Agreed otherwise, these guys shouldn't really disband. Got into their latest singles + Mugen Houyou album - loving them!

I'm not ready to write a full-blown review just yet, but does anyone have any impressions of the new album "朱花艶閃" so far?

The response on last.fm is pretty positive! Some have even said that it might be their best album. I've only listened 3 times, so I can't judge just yet. I'll have to re-listen to the first two albums and compare. In any case, 朱花艶閃 is totally solid. I'm not disappointed, at all.

Current favorite tracks:

5. 妖語 (love the synths, the beat, and "kooky" solo of this song. They've created something really distinct from the rest of their discog)

6. 朱花艶閃 (incredible song, maybe one of my absolute favorites of Kiryu. So frantic, with strange awesome riffs, a dramatic chorus, a GREAT post-chorus little bass/drum breakdown that I wish were only a little longer, and a blood curdling scream near the end)

7. 腐海 (the intro makes it start off sounding a bit familiar, but then gets some amazing atmosphere with creative bass parts, and the cool "scratchy" guitar after the chorus. Different time signatures make the song disjointed, in a good interesting way. Love the whistling!)

8. 化猫 (Meow! That intro just smacks you in the face with intensity. This is what track 2 [鬼祭] should have had. Although Mahiro sounds crazy ridiculous, those sweet guitar riffs make it really interesting. Then some Aicle-esque "ah uh ah uh!" growls, haha, spooky piano and screaming in the background. Another song with cool structural shifts)

11. 叫声 (loved it since it was a single. SPECTACULAR and creative guitar work, without resorting to shredding stuff. Take note, other bands. Mahiro calms down and sounds great!)

13. 天華 (beautiful ballad. Better than the one from the second album, which even though I enjoy, I'll admit had WAY too many instruments.)

Other notable tracks:

9. 宵月 (has a chorus with a totally different feel than most Kiryu tracks)

10. 空蝉 (tbh, the intro reminded me of ZORO. Weird for Kiryu, but not bad. The sprinklings of autotune actually didn't bother me, probably because they were just sprinklings. Catchy song with funky bass.)

12. 涙唄 (can't put my finger on what I like about this song so much. Kinda has the feeling of some older Kiryu songs, but also has crazy piano parts that are reminiscent of their second album. Really good!)

As you can see, I enjoyed/favorited most songs on the album, haha. Only with 鬼祭 do I still have some major issues. Although the song starts off pretty cool, the fact that the entire chorus is Mahiro's "unique" growling is kinda unsettling. The two songs following it are "decent," but so far don't really stick out to me. But after that, the album really picks up and you'll see that I quite enjoy just about every track!