Sign in to follow this  
Aferni

グリーヴァ - 絶望ノ朝

sp_header.jpg

zetubounoasa.jpg

Guess who's back with vengeance?! You guessed it, グリーヴァ! After being on hiatus for i don't know how long they've returned! Good ol' グリーヴァ. With the saddening loss of their old drummer Rui they were forced to take some time off, then they announced 3 new singles and a mini album exhilarating right? Yes. They released previews for these singles which made waiting all that more hellish. But thank's to Jigsaw & Peace Heavy~ (thank you jiggy and pissu) We were able to listen to these three singles. today I will be reviewing one of the singles, my personal favorite, 絶望ノ朝 .

I'll start with (SE),

The production quality on this SE, is a bit eh but when you can get past that it's quite cool. A nice opener for the single,I dig the piano and it's one of my favorite aspects about the SE. I also like how it ends with the WOOOOOOOOOSH sound, it's pretty impressive imo.

☆☆☆☆☆ out of ☆☆☆☆☆

絶望ノ朝 

Instantly when I heard the preview I knew this was going to be my favorite out of all 3 singles. While very depressing this tune is a short moment of greatness. The chorus is catchy, Kyouki's vocals are the same as ever along with his sometimes annoying kote kote kei scream. you know the one the YA YA YA YA YA YA YA YA YA. SEI YA YA YA YA YA YA. Anyway this song is very emotional and relate-able i guess. The piano really sells it for me, along with the violin. that melody is just so harmonic and melancholy it's simply amazing and I can't get enough of it. Just like blackdoll, i keep going back for more. I want to hear more Grieva tracks like this, keep it goin guys. Can't wait for the mini album.'

☆☆☆☆☆ out of ☆☆☆☆☆

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_p3jDaltMN8

Didn't think I scored it correctly? Gimmie your thoughts, I'd love to see your pov.

AND IF YOU DIDN'T ALREADY, CHECK OUT THE THREE SINGLES!

theyre in the download forum, you cant miss 'em .-.

Loved this single. I do agree that the "SEI YAYAYAYAYAYA" part is a bit redundant, as it was also used in the other 2 singles (and most of their discography), but aside from that this song is both the prettiest and most emotional contribution from this trio. To nitpick, I wish the song was a little longer and that the SE bled into it like it did for the other 2 songs. This example seemed to be completely disjointed, but the song stands fine on its own.

One of my favourite Grieva songs now, it's just such a catchy chorus. Also the shout this time isn't 'YA YA YA' but 'itai itai itai' ('it hurts, it hurts, it hurts') if I'm not mistaken. Although it is a fair point that Kyouki does that a lot. XD

Can't really say much since it's only one song, but one thing's for sure: Grieva rocks as always. They deliver their signature style as expected, and they do it very well. No need for unnecessary experimentations and such. The other two singles are great too btw.

Fake my favourite from this release.

I think the guitar solo could have been more complex than that but still like the song.

I would love to watch the PV.

Sign in to follow this