Zeus

#34: MEJIBRAY - 盈虧

MH Questionnaire of the Week?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Can you even with this single?

• I can both even and odd. This is an amazing single and I'm sorry for your loss.
    • The obiligatory middle option for those that can even only sometimes.
    • PFFFFFFFFFFFFFT! HAHAHAHA! Right on the money!

I was really bored and clicked the link on the main page leading to this topic. I mean really bored, because I usually don't read reviews, people's opinions don't matter to me at all.

Honestly, it made me surprised how much people here hate this single, because while I was "meh" about Echo and Nepenthes, I'm in love with Eiki. The PV song is a mix of something sensual, and emotional singing. Maybe his screams sound bad to people here, but I think it's just emotions. The other two songs are moody for me, I can close my eyes and listen to them falling into a depressive mood. It's the same effect NEGA's music has on me. This single is just different, but I like what came out of it.

I was really bored and clicked the link on the main page leading to this topic. I mean really bored, because I usually don't read reviews, people's opinions don't matter to me at all.

[2]

The A side is great. Rather than straining as you put it i would say he is being raw

however 蜈蚣「Mukade」it didnt go anywhere unlike apocalypse. 人間 (Ningen)'s problem was he had no flow in it unlike kairi. 

and id like to add nepenthes to his best because his vibrato 

raw  and that feminine falsetto he does in baby crossing and another song.

There's raw as in sushi, which is good for consumption.

Then there's raw as in water, which isn't good for consumption.

Raw as a descriptor for music isn't always a good thing for me. It has to bring together the intended effect and the actual effect. Tsuzuku may have been going for seductive, sensational, or even some weird mix of sexual and creepy, but he was unable to execute what he heard in his head. Terrible execution does not get points for trying in my book.

This is a problem I've had with MEJIBRAY for as long as they were active, and is why I fell off the MEJIWAGON early. They have plenty of ideas - ideas I wish the rest of the scene would have - but they are barely ever able to translate those ideas into results for whatever reason.

What about his voice says seductive though? Maybe the the pv that idea spawned. But the Instrumental is slow and rough as was Tsu vocals. Their was a bit of despair in both as well. He read the beat and executed as sound be. I guess it's not ur cup of tea but he canned that track. He wanted to give it that effect rather than going with his more typical vocals which he does after this release and before this release. 

Mejibray defiantly has its problems like other bands that aren't at the top of the top but Tsu balances the books (since he is no longer a  uninspired vocalist like he was in Vanessa) or some random legitimate metal section in the instrumental like. 

I was surprised to hear so many negative feelings about Mukade. But then I remembered that initially it didn’t really do anything for me either, lol; it’s  meant to be a live song, and that’s where it really shines imho. 

That’s just the unfortunate thing about Eiki. I really do enjoy this song, but unless it’s a tour final, they don’t drag Koichi’s big bass everywhere. So then at the smaller live houses, at the points where that big bass would really shine, there’s literally just nothing there. As far as I can hear there’s no back track for it, and I’ve seen Koichi just stand there before without playing and waiting for the moment to pass. I still enjoy the song, but - like I said, just unfortunate.

Edited by frayed
I just realized my phone changed Mukade to Mikado lol

This single in my opinion had to be one of the worst of Mejibray's. Its has a type of slow pace something that i feel mejibray cannot do that well with the exception some songs. They do have songs that are slow paced and good but this type of slow pace for them i feel doesn't belong (with the exception of track 3 which ill get too.  Ningen i feel like this is an part 1 to a bigger song. The reason why i think that is because the way both Tracks one and 2 are executed. I feel as tho they are the same song in retrospect so i will pair my opinion about them together. The Eiki song and ningen is okish but is not something id put in my mp3 to listen to. Vocals are pretty on point for the most part but i feel as tho this song could have been done differently while keeping the same style attached to it. If you look at a similar paced song as an example for the type of paced im kinda hinting at: like Echo , kairi or Until... In fact i think they should have did something similar to Kairi or Until..

As for the 3rd track Mukade I just dislike him screaming the entire song but i like the upbeat feel to it. They honestly could have made it better. I feel like he should have had a even balance of cleans and screaming in this song because it is quite a upbeat type song.

Overall i feel like mejibray when a towards down hill zone of which the songs i kinda like with the exception of the pv tracks. This started after the Nepenthes single and eiki was the start of it. I also noticed that Venoms.app isn't on any of the SM releases as well as Messiah?

Always wondered why that was.

Edited by Axius

38 minutes ago, Axius said:

I also noticed that Venoms.app isn't on any of the SM releases as well as Messiah?

It's because the SM releases are «single collection», venoms.app and messiah.bat are mini-albums :)

On ‎3‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 10:25 PM, Axius said:

This single in my opinion had to be one of the worst of Mejibray's. Its has a type of slow pace something that i feel mejibray cannot do that well with the exception some songs. They do have songs that are slow paced and good but this type of slow pace for them i feel doesn't belong (with the exception of track 3 which ill get too.  Ningen i feel like this is an part 1 to a bigger song. The reason why i think that is because the way both Tracks one and 2 are executed. I feel as tho they are the same song in retrospect so i will pair my opinion about them together. The Eiki song and ningen is okish but is not something id put in my mp3 to listen to. Vocals are pretty on point for the most part but i feel as tho this song could have been done differently while keeping the same style attached to it. If you look at a similar paced song as an example for the type of paced im kinda hinting at: like Echo , kairi or Until... In fact i think they should have did something similar to Kairi or Until..

As for the 3rd track Mukade I just dislike him screaming the entire song but i like the upbeat feel to it. They honestly could have made it better. I feel like he should have had a even balance of cleans and screaming in this song because it is quite a upbeat type song.

Overall i feel like mejibray when a towards down hill zone of which the songs i kinda like with the exception of the pv tracks. This started after the Nepenthes single and eiki was the start of it. I also noticed that Venoms.app isn't on any of the SM releases as well as Messiah?

kairi really applies ningen. It was just sloppy atleast on tsu