^ It's highly unlikely imo. It was still shot with their old guitarist, and it would be weird/hard to edit out all the footage that features him I guess, haha (or at least as I've observed, vk bands tend to be reeeaaaallllyyyy picky and strict about not showing "non-official" / former members in such cases).

im so mad i wanted to see kira on the tape its a shame he left at such an odd time

and yeah +1 on them recording the zepp live i wanna see that shit

New album is awesome. Love the diversity between all the tracks. Bit short but still enjoyed it.

Was going to write a review but way to lazy. So the above will suffice.

I love this album~ To be honest because this was the only music of DEZERT's that I've tried out, I didn't know what to expect. After seeing the music videos for the album, I was expecting the album to be more heavy like "Aa." I was surprised by the rapping and shortness of the songs. But in my opinion they pull of the different musics well.

Yeah its totally not coming out. I hope their ZEPP concert become a DVD anyway

Yeah, any live footage to be honest would be great. Especially with all their new material.

i wish they stuck with this

or went full nega

I read from tanuki that DEZERT has ripped off MERRY & cali gari and I was wondering which songs are they referring to. Does anyone who has intensive knowledge of these bands think the same way?

6 hours ago, sads123 said:

I read from tanuki that DEZERT has ripped off MERRY & cali gari and I was wondering which songs are they referring to. Does anyone who has intensive knowledge of these bands think the same way?

I don't know about MERRY or cali gari, but I know that a lot of DEZERT songs share similarities to other songs.

For example,
-"memai" sounds like "D'espairsrays - Garnet"
-the A melody and pre-chorus in "MONSTER" kind of sound like "Sadie - a holy terrors" 
-the chorus of "Futomei Ningen" sounds kind of like "born - with hate", and there's a riff in there that's similar to one off "sadie - loosing my way of the proud"

-"merry-san no jisatsumisui" shares a similar song structure to "the GazettE - beautiful 5 [shit]ers"

They also ripped off a BMTH song recently. I can't remember them ever riping off Merry or cali gari, but I did feel like 1 of their songs on their first full album kinda reminded me of MUCC? not even really in a straight-up ripoff way or anything, but I just felt that it had that "old MUCC vibe"...

EDIT: Now that I think about it, the only song which in my eyes kind of has a cali gari vibe could be that live dist. single Hen... Like, compared to some of cali gari's more "noise rock" type tunes such as Siren. Still don't think it's a straight-up ripoff though, just... similar genres

Edited by Tokage

Someone asked recently how come DEZERT became famous, or why they seemed to get more famous n recent years. Well, now I’ve seen them 3x and it’s easy to understand why. They fucking SMOKE live.

千秋 is a bit wierd and if he isn’t having a good day, it seems to drag the whole band. 

But, when he is on, they are ON. Sacchan is a monster.

And Miyako seems to have blended in more with the other guys. They sound more like a band and not 3 guys and a support guitarist that models their t-shirts. 

Also, I got their new distributed song , おやすみ. I  will upload it as soon as I get home.

I personally think DEZERT is one of the most underrated bands ever.  They are kinda underground but then they played at ZEPP TOKYO and had the opportunity to play at the BUDOKAN (thank you mucc) and in case you missed it that performance was mesmerizing. I feel like they have changed a lot over the last year and they have grown up (a bit at least...they are still kinda crazy haha) - especially Chiaki. Their lives are a lot of fun and if Chiaki is serious his voice is just incredible! I also really love how he always alters the lyrics to express his feelings. It's very similar to what Kyo does with his songs. 

In short I really, really love DEZERT ( ˇωˇ )♪

I never listened to these guys and randomly clicked on a recommended video, 君の子宮を触る to be exact and I love it?????????????? Any recommended releases or should I just do a deep dive and listen to everything

3 hours ago, chipathy said:

I never listened to these guys and randomly clicked on a recommended video, 君の子宮を触る to be exact and I love it?????????????? Any recommended releases or should I just do a deep dive and listen to everything

I'd definitely recommend checking out their earlier material. These are my personal favorites:

R-4939351-1380028095-9104.jpeg.jpg

「ぼくの死骸と君のチョコレート」

• チョコレートクリームチェーンソー

R-4783643-1376155577-2020.jpeg.jpg

Tokusei Nomiso Soup ~Nama Cream Shitate~ 

• 脳みそくん。
  • さくらの詩

R-5386245-1392078293-8871.png.jpg

精神科医(拒食症)のスナッフフィルム集

• 「遺書。」

R-7664602-1446246350-7319.jpeg.jpg

Untitled

• 「殺意」
  • infection
  • 胃潰瘍とルソーの錯覚
  • さぁミルクを飲みましょう

R-7664719-1446248895-2008.jpeg.jpg

「暫定的オカルト週刊誌①」

• 「秘密」
  • 包丁の正しい使い方~思想編~
  • 包丁の正しい使い方~実行編~
  • 大塚ヘッドロック
  • 「遭難」
  • ゴシック

R-8810390-1469255646-1024.jpeg.jpg

「最高の食卓」

• 「君の子宮を触る」
  • 「ここにラブソングを」
  • 「排泄物」
  • 「おいしい脾臓は笑わない」
  • 「セイオン」
Edited by ghost

I didn't find out about them until last year (lol so late) but I probably had them on repeat for a good week or two.

The single released earlier this year wasn't as exciting for me, but it's pretty cool that their management put english subs on the video

6 hours ago, v3rmillion said:

I didn't find out about them until last year (lol so late) but I probably had them on repeat for a good week or two.

The single released earlier this year wasn't as exciting for me, but it's pretty cool that their management put english subs on the video

If you need another fix, I'd recommend checking out DAMY. They're much better and more consistent in my opinion :)

7 hours ago, nullmoon said:

If you need another fix, I'd recommend checking out DAMY. They're much better and more consistent in my opinion :)

thanks for the rec. will check them out

Does anyone know if 千秋 is full blood Japanese? I ask because he looks sort of Thai. I've been digging on Acid Cherry King but their early work is pretty buried.

A little tenative to go on Tanuki but if anyone has any dirt, by all means...

Album release tomorrow.

Black Hole

1 Dark In Black Hole
2 バケモノ
3 Thirsty?
4 みぎて
5 白痴
6 Call of Rescue
7 半透明を食べる。
8 御法度
9 神経と重力
10 天使の前頭葉