Why is there no Dezert thread yet???????

93220150423045646_zpslxnbl8ja.jpg

Vocal: 千秋-Chiaki-

Guitar: キラ-Kira-

Bass: SaZ

Drum: SORA

I just started listening to them 30 minutes ago and I seriously regret not listening to them sooner.

They're so freaking heavy. Their music is harsh with loads of distortion and crunch, but they mix in nice melodies once in a while to balance things out. I would compare them to bands like early D'espairsRay, Deathgaze, AvelCain, and (I would say) even Kagerou.

The vocalist is probably one of my new favorites because of his diversity. 

He has a singing voice sweet enough to be in a band like Sug, but his screams have bite and he can easily be compared to vocalists like Satoshi from Girugamesh. 

I pretty much like everything I've heard (which isn't all their music), but tracks that have stood out to me so far are:

-「胃潰瘍とルソーの錯覚」 (ikaiyou to rousseau no sakkaku) *The video above

-「変」(hen)

-「秘密」(himitsu)

So,

Whaddya all think of this band??? (I mean, from what people have said around the forum, I know they're generally loved).

Hi. I'm just gonna go ahead and take credit for you getting into these guys! ;D

I'm fucking obsessed with them. They've pretty much been all that I've been talking about since they announced the live-limited compilation CD, as I have made it a mission to get myself a copy of it. And succeeded!

I discovered them late last year, shortly after「タイトルなし」came out, and when I gave it a listen, I was immediately impressed. I was scared at first, because I didn't want to get obsessed with yet another band that's notorious for live limited releases, but I couldn't resist with songs like「殺意」, Infection, and さぁミルクを飲みましょう。, and who could forget the first song split in two. After an impressive introduction of an album, I decided to look into their other releases. Some of my favourites from other releases include: ケミカルドリップ・チェリーパイ,「死刑宣告」, and「目眩」.

In the first few months I've been listening to these guys, I wasn't exactly sure how I'd describe their sound, but when their live distributed single「変」leaked, I started getting "nu-metal" vibes from not only that song, but plenty of others from previous releases, except with this band, I don't cringe at the "nu-metal" vibes. Along with a slight mid 2000's VK vibe.

「変」and ゴシック both have me very, very excited for their next album. ゴシック especially, as the addition of synths, and the atmosphere living up to its name are something I haven't heard from their "core sound." Everything this band has released has impressed me, and they have quickly become a favourite of mine!

I don't know how I did discover them, I guess because of the news of Tombre? here.

But since the first CD I did checked out by them,I thought, OH Finally some visual kei which sounds unique and good. I sadly don't own any CD of them. But maybe someday who knows later this year I will try to catch some CD's in Japan from them.

I also would compare them to dieS, Calmando Qual and Gazelle. Because of their style. At least if people love one or all of those 3 bands, they will also love DEZERT for 100%.

I listened to them after mostly swearing off any vkei that wasnt associated with the """"""art-kei"""""" movement/sound but i really like them. their nu-metal is biting and not remotely cringe worthy and they have a huge variety in the music they play, and its all kind of weird/disordered which i really enjoy. overall they're really fresh and anything thats weird is worth being listened to rn considering the current state of vkei.

I've been listening to their first album (I think), "long title with soup and cream", and I absolutely love it.

Ah they're so good! (I just wish their CDS weren't so rare and expensive...)

and who could forget the first song split in two.

Does anyone know of any other songs like this?

Rentrer en Soi kind of did it with "Kai/Bunretsu LE+DD Jinkaku", but really "Kai" was just an intro.

deadman/lynch. also did something like this with "imp/lunch box" and "sleepy flow/unknown lost a beauty", but I'd argue that the first songs are practically just transitions to the second song.

Can anyone confirm the number of live-only Dezert releases? 

There isn't really a complete Dezert discography on the web yet.

From my knowledge their live releases are:

-飼育部屋(shiikuheya)

-包丁の正しい使い方(houchou no tadashii tsukaikata)

-僕の「誤解」と右折禁止のルール違反(boku no「gokai」to usetsu kinshi no rule ihan)

-「変」(hen)

-暫定的オカルト週刊誌(1)(zanteiteki occult shuukanshi (1))

-異常な階段(ijou na kaidan)

-TBA at their live in September

So, at least 7 (geeeeez).

Can anyone confirm the number of live-only Dezert releases? 

There isn't really a complete Dezert discography on the web yet.

From my knowledge their live releases are:

-飼育部屋(shiikuheya)

-包丁の正しい使い方(houchou no tadashii tsukaikata)

-僕の「誤解」と右折禁止のルール違反(boku no「gokai」to usetsu kinshi no rule ihan)

-「変」(hen)

-暫定的オカルト週刊誌(1)(zanteiteki occult shuukanshi (1))

-異常な階段(ijou na kaidan)

-TBA at their live in September

So, at least 7 (geeeeez).

This is correct. There are quite a lot of DEZERT rarez, and only one of them made it to a nationwide release so far (飼育部屋). :/

Okay cool. I hope "hen" and "ijou no kaidan" make it onto a worldwide release someday. And the upcoming live distr. single.

I swear, you have to be freaking Bill Gates to be a Dezert fan. Or just live in Japan......hmmmm.

Is there any list of like all 'known' DEZERT releases out there? (not just talkin live dists here, but the whole package)

As far as I know, there's the live dists listed above, that live dist. compilation album, 2 minis and a full-length album.

They have a bunch of singles too. I don't know many of their live distros, but I think these are all of their for-realz releases.

Singles:

-「眩暈に死んだ部屋」

-僕の「秘密」と冷蔵庫 (This eventually ended up on the compilation album)

-僕の「誤解」と右折禁止のルール違反 (Also on the compilation album)

-「ぼくの死骸と君のチョコレート。」

Mini-albums:

-精神科医(拒食症)のスナッフフィルム集

-特製・脳味噌絶倫スープ〜生クリーム仕立て〜

Album:

-「タイトルなし」

-「暫定的オカルト週刊誌①」

Omnibus:

-hide TRIBUTE III -Visual SPIRITS-

To further expand:

Singles:

2012.03.03 - 僕の「秘密」と冷蔵庫

2012.05.01 - 僕の「秘密」と冷蔵庫 (2nd press)

2012.08.01 -「眩暈に死んだ部屋」

2012.09.16 - 飼育部屋

2013.01.23 -「ぼくの死骸と君のチョコレート。」

2013.03.31 - ~包丁の正しい使い方~

2014.04.26 - 僕の「誤解」と右折禁止のルール違反

2015.01.10 - 変

2015.04.25 - 異常な階段

2015.09.27 - [title not yet revealed]

Mini-albums:

2013.08.07 -「特製・脳味噌絶倫スープ〜生クリーム仕立て〜」

2014.01.08 - 精神科医(拒食症)のスナッフフィルム集

Albums:

2014.11.12 -「タイトルなし」

2015.04.25 -「暫定的オカルト週刊誌①」[compilation]

Other:

2013.07.03 hide TRIBUTE III -Visual SPIRITS- [omnibus]

they released a second press on the same day as their initial?

That's what their webpage said. Found an actual date for the re-issue.

This might be an odd comparison, but they kinda give me the same vibe as Aicle.  I think their unique, crazy/harsh style are somewhat similar.  Of course, Aicle. might be brighter but their darker songs can be comparable, at least to me anyway.

In any case, Dezert are officially my new favorite band!!  Once I got into them I couldn't stop listening to them!  I am really looking forward to seeing what else this band's got~~

^ It's highly unlikely imo. It was still shot with their old guitarist, and it would be weird/hard to edit out all the footage that features him I guess, haha (or at least as I've observed, vk bands tend to be reeeaaaallllyyyy picky and strict about not showing "non-official" / former members in such cases).

I've always heard of DEZERT, but never bothered listening to their music.

I regret this so much!!! >_< The music videos I've seen are amazing!

Their music is awesome! Just....f##@@^^&g awesome!!

I bought their new album on a whim and am so excited for it arrive!

Been resisting listening to the full songs from it already uploaded on youtube lol

^ It's highly unlikely imo. It was still shot with their old guitarist, and it would be weird/hard to edit out all the footage that features him I guess, haha (or at least as I've observed, vk bands tend to be reeeaaaallllyyyy picky and strict about not showing "non-official" / former members in such cases).

Yeah its totally not coming out. I hope their ZEPP concert become a DVD anyway

actually digging this band as of late... I listened to that live-dist collection album from last year that was on the staff best list and then listened to the new album they just released this week and I can get behind it XD Good to see that the scene can still produce good bands like this :D