emmny

The OFFICIAL RPDR Discussion Thread

1 hour ago, doombox said:

I agree, I'd like to see them get experimental with the formula. It's getting stale. 

I get the feeling that any time soon they're gonna bring in a drag king to spice up the competition. Either this season or next because the feeling of exhaustion towards the current format is more or less global. 

5 minutes ago, platy said:

I get the feeling that any time soon they're gonna bring in a drag king to spice up the competition. Either this season or next because the feeling of exhaustion towards the current format is more or less global. 

Drag kings or some foreign queens *cough*Kaya*cough* would be awesome. 

Spoiler

Well they already had a transgender woman get the runner-up solely because of her transness and blatantly forgot how shitty she was on the show, and made a """genderqueer""" person win cuz of his """genderqueerness""", so why not include more people. That's today's generation anyway.

The show just moved to a bigger channel and the ratings seem to be the best ever, so I don't see them changing much any time soon. lol

5 hours ago, suji said:
  Hide contents

Well they already had a transgender woman get the runner-up solely because of her transness and not paying any mind to how shitty she was on the show, and made a """genderqueer""" person win cuz of his """genderqueerness""", so why not include more people. That's today's generation anyway.

Who was genderqueer? Sasha, Violet or Jinkx?  I thought all of them deserved it >_>

3 minutes ago, platy said:

Who was genderqueer? Sasha, Violet or Jinkx?  I thought all of them deserved it >_>

I didn't mind Violet or Jinx winning cuz for one, s7 was a MESS, Jinx was more talented out of s5's finalists, and this whole space gender thing didn't exist back then, nor did the sjw movement.

Sasha deserves the win imho, if people willing to see that she have also winning challenges during the season (2), she is polished.

The most solo win was Trinity (3), not Shea Coulee (2) so all these #JusticeForShea or calling Shea as robbed really missed the mark.

@sujiI do get what you mean.  I had the biggest b*ner for Shea's face, style and talent buuuut I'm also a sucker for pretentious art queens and they got no respect in the show until Sasha, she's mega skilled and polished, very different from what we've seen before from queens like her. I haven't kept up with her so I haven't seen her pandering to snowflakes crybabies, but if she's doing that #disappointed 

I didn't really get mad at Sasha's win at all. lol She deserved it and to top that she even delivered the most iconic scene of the entire season in her finale lipsync.

I was rooting for Trinity though and I can't wait until she comes for the AS4 crown.

S10 feels like Family Feud, lowkey.

We have Aquaria, drag daughter of Sharon Needles.

Vanessa Mateo, drag daughter of Alexis Mateo.

Asia O’Hara, drag mother of Phi Phi O’Hara.

and

Miz Cracker, drag daughter of Bob The Drag Queen. 

LOLOL

also, next week episode gonna be gagging!

I like dusty but I feel like she'll be the first to go. I'm hearing sooo many clichés here, it sounds like I'm watching ep 1 of The Apprentice. It's one of those seasons where I'll have to actually watch it because the trailer just makes these Queens seem as bland as possible. 

That episode of All Stars was a mess btw. They can't make it any more obvious that Bebe is a mole. 

I don't know most of these queens but from the teaser I was feeling Vanessa, Vixen, and Miz Cracker. 

Spoiler

So the twist... it looked like only 3? I thought all the elimated queens would be coming back but I guess not?!?! Looked like Aja, Chi Chi, and I couldn't tell but I heard people saying Morgan?

Sweet jesus, this challenge was a boring mess. The episode was kinda enjoyable tho.

Also, looking at the season 10 queens... it's like they threw a bunch of people into a 'glam drag random generator'. Nothing too exciting so far, but we'll see...

13 hours ago, platy said:

That episode of All Stars was a mess btw. They can't make it any more obvious that Bebe is a mole. 

Tbh!  Getting BeBe a Diana Ross for lip synch? Coincidence? I think not! 😏😏😏

I'm already over AS3 tbh, I'm not feeling this season at all. At this point, I'm just watching out of habit. Everything is so half-assed.

b64.gif

Out of the S10 queens, I like Asia and Monét, but geez he even sounds like Bob lmao. The others...

50 minutes ago, saishuu said:

At this point, I'm just watching out of habit. Everything is so half-assed.

Pretty much this. Not sure which one I dislike more at the moment, AS1 or AS3 but it's hard to beat the awkward mess that was AS1. :D 

The only All Stars I'll ever like is AS1 because motherfuckin' LATRICE! Other than that, the whole partner thing was a mess tho ;w;

I'm just here with AS3 for Trixie. I really liked AS2 because Alaska, Katya, and Alyssa; haven't seen AS1 though. Not sure if I'm gonna watch S10 :/

the riggery this season is ridiculous. bebe didn't deserve that win (what about her outfit fit the theme???) & the judges reading aja for "not knowing her history" when she did fucking crystal labeija the previous week???

low point of the season for me 

They probably just gave BeBe the win because they thought it would dispel the inevitable "she's a mole" theories? I thought she did well, but I think maybe Kennedy should have been lip-syncing with Trixie instead.