emmny

The OFFICIAL RPDR Discussion Thread

24 minutes ago, Peace Heavy mk II said:

I don't understand why they keep pushing this narrative that Brooke Lynn Hytes is hot?

I'm guessing because he's "trade-ish"?🤷‍♀️

Scarlet is no doubt the cutest boy imo. But I like twinks soooo

3 hours ago, Peace Heavy mk II said:

all they'd need now is Tyl*r O*kly and Shane Pawson and the awful homosexual quadfecta will be complete.

The second they announce Ty**r O**ly as a guest judge is the second I stop watching the show forever

2 hours ago, saishuu said:

James Charles is in a dark corner somewhere just waiting for his chance to jump out and say "sister" on national TV

~tHe HoOoUuuUsE~ 🤢🤮🤮🤮

1 hour ago, Peace Heavy mk II said:

I don't understand why they keep pushing this narrative that Brooke Lynn Hytes is hot?

He's a great contestant, but he's not attractive. And pairing him with Vanjie? It's all just so... ugh, no, ick

28 minutes ago, Seimeisen said:

The second they announce Ty**r O**ly as a guest judge is the second I stop watching the show forever

it's not like they didn't have Ty**r and Fr**kie Gr*n*e already in the same episode last year...

30 minutes ago, saishuu said:

it's not like they didn't have Ty**r and Fr**kie Gr*n*e already in the same episode last year...

Ohhhhhhh...... I keep forgetting that I stopped watching season 10 half way through. I'm an idiot. *looks up season 10* wow, glad I missed that episode. I'll still jump ship if they put his annoying ass on the judges panel

Also, while I'm at it, I'm generally glad I abandoned season 10. Eureka in the top 3? Cracker eliminated at 5th place? No!

I'm having fun this season, but the last episode was underwhelming. At least Ariel went, her mannerisms were too cringey for me. Silky should've been in the bottom too, but it feels like the show is keeping her to fill the fat queen quota since Nina isn't big enough. 

Brooke and Vanjie are a cute couple. Brooke is worth a shag based on her skillset alone lmao

I was just starting to like Scarlet, and now they send her home? And after that lip-sync? Ro'ger should have gone home, I'm just not interested in her anymore, like gtfo already! She's probably fucking a producer if she's gotten this far after being in the bottom so many times and not delivering in the lip-sync.

Nooooooo Scarlet was so charismatic in her lip sync :( Yvie is amazing, she didn't turn her condition into a sob story and delivered it despite everything. I hope I can see her live at least once before she inevitably retires

Scarlet's gone? RPDR is cancelled.

Seriously though I haven't been following but just watched the lip sync and they both deserved to stay. Rupauls words seemed cryptic so maybe she'll come back....hopefully?...maybe..?

Scarlet's elimination is a travesty. She slayed Ra'jah in the lipsync, Ra'jah was in the bottom 3 times (and hasn't done anything noteworthy otherwise), and Scarlet was a consistently improving queen from day one (with a win under her belt). Don't know how they even justify that. 

I think they're pushing a Ra'jah as villain narrative in the production side or something and will try and find some way to bring Scarlet back from a storyline angle or something. Just seemed off.

I was hoping it was gonna be one of those "Shantay you both stay" situations, not a huge fan of Ra'jah, but they both did a great lipsynch. Super sad to see Scarlet go, she was one of my faves. I don't even know who to cheer for now tbh, Plastique and Evie maybe, but eh. Don't have a definite favorite this season.

Ra'jah is my least fav contestant this season, which Scarlet's elimination had no bearing on. In general, she just seems to spit out recycled catch phrases, gives angry DrAmA ConFeSsIoNaLs about shit I don't care about (and clearly no one else does either, because it never goes further than that), and now is trying to start calling out people on Twitter to boost Engagement🌐

Also, Vanjie is clearly just cruising at this point. That gold bunny look was fucking l a m e.

Edited by Peace Heavy mk II

I'm really enjoying this season overall - I think there's a lot of great camaraderie, I'm just not a huge fan of Silky and Ra'jah's personalities. I love A'keria, Yvie, and Vanjie, though. Nina, Plastique, and Brooke Lynn are very strong competitors, too. Really excited for Snatch Game (as always)!!

Edited by nomemorial

Whenever Miss Ro'ger who-needs-to-change-her-name spoke, I hit the mute button. She lost me at her little "let's not read this waste of mirror space" nonsense. She was not being clever-bitchy, she was being a cunt. And "needing to give it 200% now that you're in the Top Nine?" That's the most bullshit thing I've ever heard in the history of the show!

Yvie's looks in both mini and maxi challenge were my favourite. Everyone else (except Plastique) was kinda bleh

RuPaul: "This is your new home. I'm your new mommy who you're not allowed to make eye contact with, or speak to unless spoken to"

PRAISE ME, RO'GER IS GONE!! I'm as happy as Phi Phi was when Willam was kicked off in S4

As for Untucked, the only queen who had my undivided attention was Brooke Lynn; voicing the world's confusion RE: Plastique vs. Ro'ger, hiding underneath couch cushions after another confusing fight breaks out, "can't we just bottle our feelings like normal people?" During the main episode, I was living for Yvie, but seeing her get mad at everyone in Untucked was just annoying! Especially that fight with Vanessa, wtf was that about? I can only roll my eyes so much.

Untucked was a shit-show this week. Kinda living for it, but at the same time damn, take a chill pill everyone.

The episode itself was okay, Alyssa' presence made everything 100 times better. Also, I really felt for Plastique and Ru's reaction to her opening up, what can I say, I'm weak to emotional mumbo-jumbo...

(also, Brooke in Untucked was a mood lol)

Edited by Nighttime Jae

Bitch you're on fucking season 11, how can you not be prepared for Snatch Game? Have you never watched the show?

I heard rumors that the Snatch Game would be terribad but it wasn't that horrible... only a few highlights tho.

That lipsync on the other hand, YES PLZ.

2 hours ago, platy said:

If that lip sync wasn't an indication of what the hell is going on here with this silky narrative? 

That lipsynch... oof. Sucks to see Nina go, but that deserved a double sashay away. But yeah, the fact that Silky got to stay at the end makes it so obvious that she's kept only because she's good tv material. And the way she treated Soju was pretty horrid, too.

Tragic lipsync on the last episode, both queens should have gone home just for that (as indicated by Ru's "meh" but I guess the producers have too much power, lol).

This season keeps on getting worse and worse in terms of forced narrative...

Edited by Jigsaw9