emmny

The OFFICIAL RPDR Discussion Thread

I know I said I wasn't gonna watch season 11, but I saw the list of judges to appear and changed my mind.

The entrance was a horrible way to meet the queens. Some people I kinda liked, others I hated, others left no impression at all. Shuga Cane and Honey Davenport are hella fucking cute as guys. I don't really care for Honey's attitude, though. Mercedes was just ugh whatever, “more like a Buick” indeed! Scarlet's intro made me roll my fucking eyes. Ariel Versace out of drag kinda looks like James Charles, and it makes me want to fucking vomit. She does have the best entrance outfit though, she’s the only one with a noteworthy entrance look. As the episode progresses, I don't hate her as much, but the sight of his face just pains me.

For the photography challenge, it was great seeing some past queens. Loved Jasmine’s dress, it paired well with Shuga's look. My favourite shots were Plastique x Sonique and Yvie x Adore. To quote Derrick Berry, “we’re showing everything but good taste!”

Runway Results: these were very easy to predict, the judges' critiques clearly gave away who was up for elimination and who would win. Minus the bottom three, everyone turned it the hell out this runway!

Other notes:

• If you hated Silky, watch Untucked! You might, just might, have a change of heart. She's by far less obnoxious than she was in the wËRQrüÜm
  • “Ms. Vanjie” count: 3 (one by Ru, one by Miley, one by some douchey queen)
  • We need RaPal Dark Res season 11

It seems for the first time since it went mainstream, it doesn't get #1 Trending Topic, and this is the premiere night, that is not good tbh.

It was beaten by How To Get Away With Murder, Solange, and even  The Jonas Brothers!

I suppose, lots of fans are still in #RageQuit now for all the nonsense happened on All Stars 4?? There weren't any hype at all, I feel. Not even Miley can save it, that is quite bad right? 🤷‍♂️

Edited by LIDL

the episode was a big meh to me personally. I'm not impressed by anyone at this point.

and I know a big part of it is due to the edit, but Silky was exhausting. I won't hold it against her tho. lol

the sneak peak of the next episode with Plastique saying something and Michelle and Ross losing it afterwards was funny as hell though. hopefully we get ONE good acting episode

I found Silky equally obnoxious and endearing, she reminds me of an irl friend. Then I read the sexual assault allegation and... yeah. I won't call it anything other than an allegation at this point, but it does kind of recontextualize her lack of boundaries displayed in the first episode.

Yvie and Plastique are right up my alley, so I'm going with them for preliminary faves.

I wanted Soju to do something, anything more than what we got, that was underwhelming af.

Vanjie surprised me! I was expecting a tired rehashed memefest for the entirety of her onscreeen time, thankfully we didn't get that. And that's a damn impressive glow up.

Miley looked and sounded like young twink Justin Beiber and it was far too much for me.

I need to spend more time with the rest of the cast, but everyone else ranged from good to passable.

I'm looking forward to seeing how this season plays out, it's pretty clear from some of the girls social media and interviews that they don't exactly get along well and I'm a sucker for petty drag queen drama.

Okay, so this week's episode, I REALLY wanted Scarlet Envy to bomb the challenge and sashay away, her interviews were just so annoying and pretentious, and talking about how she was gonna win the season and that she was a fORce tO BEe REckONed WiTh or whatever. Usually when a queen talks like that in an interview, I expect her to go home that episode.

I forgot what else happened, I think James Charles 2.0 started talking shit about Silky, who turns out has a master's degree in organisational leadership or something. I vaguely remember enjoying Vanjie in the acting challenge and her runway was better than Scarlet's just saying

I really didn't see what was so good about Scarlet and Yvie this episode, but eh, it's RPDR...

Vanjie and Platique were much funnier imo.

Still not excited about this season one bit. I'm really just watching out of habit at this point, sadly.

I thought this was one of the most entertaining episodes of drag race in ages, Yvie and Scarlet were really vibing off each other and they're both my favorites since the start so I guess I'm biased lol. 

Regarding the challenge, for once I actually understood the jokes. Also Vanjie was hilarious. Kahanna is possibly the most entertaining lip syncer in the history of the show, but sadly she was lacking polish. I vote Ariel to fuck off next and why was Honey causing all that drama? Saying Yvie was criticising her mug when she just had her eyebrows on lmao calm down. 

Bonus points for Ru actively taking part in the gossip between Silky and the other team. 

46 minutes ago, platy said:

I thought this was one of the most entertaining episodes of drag race in ages, Yvie and Scarlet were really vibing off each other and they're both my favorites since the start so I guess I'm biased lol. 

Regarding the challenge, for once I actually understood the jokes. Also Vanjie was hilarious. Kahanna is possibly the most entertaining lip syncer in the history of the show, but sadly she was lacking polish. I vote Ariel to fuck off next and why was Honey causing all that drama? Saying Yvie was criticising her mug when she just had her eyebrows on lmao calm down. 

Bonus points for Ru actively taking part in the gossip between Silky and the other team. 

That wasn't Honey, that was Ra'jah haha

11 hours ago, saishuu said:

so... tonight episode was really, REALLY good? I'm shocked

There are so many moments in both the main episode and Untucked that we've got to have countless kettles of TTTTEEEAAAA~ Where do we even begin?

Team Brinty was great, I thought Vanessa should have won, she was more entertaining than Nina. When I saw that an entire team had to lip-sync, I was hoping more than one queen would be eliminated so we'd get to Snatch Game quicker. The gospel bit in Team Maria was breathtakingly terrible. Scarlet Envy's existence was less obnoxious than last week. I would have sent home Rah'jah (or however you spell it) instead of Honey.

Wow, untucked is fucking awful why am I watching this, it's just Yvie vs Silky ""drama"" and it's desperate filler

Also, Vanjie x Brooke? I mean, Brooke? Really? ...... That's not a pairing that I ship.

I'm looking forward to next week's episode, to see Joel McHale on the judges panel and the possibility of Ariel going home (could just be a promo fake-out, though). I hope Shuga Cain steps his game up, but I think I only say that because he's the cute one; whenever he appears in the challenges I don't even notice.

I haven't watched it yet, but I saw that Nina does well. I genuinely think she's approachable and likable in a doofy way, so I am happy that she's not as unsure of herself.

Edited by Peace Heavy mk II

Here's what I can remember about this week:

• Joel McHale looks good for a 50 year-old
  • Joel McHale annoying Michelle was great
  • It was weird to see a straight man be a guest judge on the show, going from "oMg yAasss GUuUUurL slEIGh" to "WHOOOO, YEAH," I kinda hoped that appearing on the show would have "gayed" him up a little~
  • I didn't immediately recognise Tiffany Pollard
  • That dance instructor was a limp-wristed cunt lol I haven't mocked a 'gay voice' so much since 2012
  • For the second time, Ro'ger should have gone home
  • Nina's college horror story omg (it was Nina, right? There's still too many people to keep track of)
  • It's recently come to my attention that Vanessa Vanjie Mateo has been using chest glitter on every runway look
  • I forgot what the preview showed for next week, nothing to look forward to I guess
  • Can we please bring back double eliminations? Or maybe some idiot at WOW Presents can leak the Snatch Game episode?

33 minutes ago, Peace Heavy mk II said:

They're having Adam Rip-one as a guest judge. They've already had Gus Cuntworthy, so all they'd need now is Tyl*r O*kly and Shane Pawson and the awful homosexual quadfecta will be complete.

can't wait for jeffree star and lena dunham to guest judge x

46 minutes ago, Peace Heavy mk II said:

They're having Adam Rip-one as a guest judge. They've already had Gus Cuntworthy, so all they'd need now is Tyl*r O*kly and Shane Pawson and the awful homosexual quadfecta will be complete.

James Charles is in a dark corner somewhere just waiting for his chance to jump out and say "sister" on national TV

How does the board feel about the new season so far?

For some reason, I'm having a harder time getting into it. Perhaps it's because of the overexposure (aka one season after the other, no time for a breather), but I find myself having a hard time sitting through a whole episode + Untucked.

The queens are great so I definitely dont wanna fault them for it, just... I don't know, I feel like something is amiss.

(for context, I've been following Rpdr regularly since season 6)

Edited by Nighttime Jae

12 minutes ago, Nighttime Jae said:

How does the board feel about the new season so far?

Honestly? I was feeling meh about it since the beginning, but the last episode with the 'horror' ball actually made me mad. I'm completely indifferent to everyone. Don't really care who leaves or wins the whole thing. I'm just watching out of habit at this point.

On the plus side, at least I don't have to hear Ari*l Vers*ce say "nyes" ever again.

Edited by saishuu

Just now, saishuu said:

Honestly? I was feeling meh about it since the beginning, but the last episode with the 'horror' ball actually made me mad. I'm completely indifferent to everyone. Don't really care who leaves or wins the whole thing. I'm just watching out of habit at this point.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that has found it particulatly underwhelming. Perhaps it's because I'm a huge fan of Dragula, but I was expecting so much more!

I get it that not every queen is a "spooky" queen, but it was such an exciting chance to think outside the box and do something creative and it just... fell flat. For pretty much everyone. Really a boring runaway challenge overall.

Basically, same thing here, just following out of habit, but even then I often find myself forgetting about it even.