emmny

The OFFICIAL RPDR Discussion Thread

Valetina makes for some good TV this season, but boiiiii am I irritated by her most of the time too, haha. :D 

Also lol @ this all-too-obvious 'suspending All Star rules' buffoonery just to keep some ppl in and bring some other ppl back...

Yeah, I had fun with the latest episode in the moment but like... nothing changed. As much as I like Latrice, she shouldn't have come back. She wasn't bringing it like I know she can.

I love delusional Villaintina, honestly 2019 goals to be that. I get why she isn't everyone's cup of tea tho

So, anyone else watched the Season 11 RuVeal live thingie? It was stilted and cringey af imo, and I'm not really feeling all these samey queens so far.

I'm totally, completely, thoroughly here for Silky, Yvie and of course Miss Vanjie tho.

The whole thing can now be watched on VH1's Youtube channel, along with 'Meet the Queens' intro videos for each contestant.

Edited by Jigsaw9

The whole thing was awkward af. Some queens stood out, I can't remember any names though. Vanjie I love, but she was on cocaine or something. That was hard to watch. 

I'm not as big a fan of the show as I once was, but happy there's a Canadian-born queen. Hoping Brooke Lynn Hytes does well.

Edited by Paraph

sad that manila had to go, but i root for naomi, so im happy that she finally had more air time and even won

btw on some video released on youtube lately manila told her biggest competition was naomi haha

Now that was some underwhelming bullshit. Trinity was the winner and that's that. It's shitty to do that to Monet but hey if VH1 would rather pay each queen 100k than make a choice then good for them lmao

RuPaul and VH1 really are burying this franchise into the ground, aren't they? I'm not even excited for S11 in the slightest.

I was rooting for Monique, but at least Trinity got it? Still, meh...

I thought there were 2 winners? Or did they pull another ~twist~ out of their ass? 😕 Shenanigans like these are why I stopped watching.

^ They did crown two winners, but I'm guessing most ppl agree that Trinity was the more 'deserving' one (I love Monet and her personality and performance is really cool but she's severely lacking in the runway department imo).

Anyway, I just realized that S11 is literally right around the corner (in less than 2 weeks), S12 is already casting, supposedly AS5 hopefuls have begun preparing behind the scenes, and then there's the Drag Race UK show that starts later this year too, plus we still have Drag Race Thailand S2 underway... Kinda hard to stay excited imo. :D I'm finding myself more engaged lately with DR Thailand btw. Kinda curious for the UK series too, but the 'main one'? ...not really anymore. 😕 

Edited by Jigsaw9

I'm quite curious about RPDR UK too, but since I never really had time to look for and watch the Thailand edition, I don't think I'll be able to watch that one either.

Monet didn't deserve to win. I felt she was doing well and deserved to be in the top four, but she did not deserve to be in the top two. She lost my vote after that pink """cat""" couture costume (looked more like a pig suit). I would have rather seen Monique lip-syncing with Trinity. Especially with that bullshit double-crowning. If it was Trinity vs. Monique, yeah, I would have had a difficult time deciding too, I would have said "fuck it, condragulations both of you" but, Monet? Really?

vouHgfse1v7cA.gif

I was really rooting for Naomi (I totally have a crush on out-of-drag-Naomi and hella wanna make out with him), but she still got critiqued in the deliberation when everyone else got "she's beautiful she's perfect," so I knew she would stay top four and not lip-sync.

As for Season 11, nobody interests me so far. There's too many people. I loved the Miss Vanjie meme, but that's in the past now, that was a season 10 thing. Let's hope she doesn't try to dig it back up.

Speaking of which, I never even finished season 10...

ETA:

WE DO NOT NEED ALL-STARS FIVE 👏🏻

(unless it was an all-winners season, except Booboo Zahara Bidet was already on AS3 and apparently Tyra is blacklisted from the franchise?)

i won't even watch the last episode (saw spoiler in twitter about naomi not getting the crown and lost interest right there lol). all those TwiSts and dRAma are now so exaggerated it's become hard for me to watch. it could be just my problem, but it seems people here are not so satisfied with as4 for some whatever reason. and i'm also not excited for anyone in season 11 just yet

Agreed that Monet, as much as I love her, was the one least deserving of a crown of the four. I'm not a huge Trinity fan, but I respect her enough to say she deserved her win. Monique deserved it the most out of all of them though. Naomi was shaky sometimes, but when she delivered she went HAM.

This season was strong in the first half, kind of lost me near the end. I'm not feeling as burned out as I was at the end of AS3 last year at least. Season 11 has some queens I'm vaguely familiar with, Soju and Plastique stand out to me. Like always, it'll take a couple of episodes for me to start caring about them.

I've heard nothing but good about Thailand and been peer pressured to watch it by friends for months now. UK I'm curious about, I wonder how much will change

Any early faves for S11? I watched the sneak peak for the premiere episode and so far, Silky Ganache is easily my favorite. Nina West, Brooke Lynn Hytes and Yvie Oddly seem promising as well.

Nina West, A'Keria, Plastique, and Ganache looks like typical Ru favourite gorls, so I will rooting for them. 

I feel like Vanjie won't go far, she was there cos the show wanna ride on those old meme. Plus, with that mouth who ways answers back, it will be tough to be favourite with the judges either. She is no Bianca, let's just say that.

Scarlet, Vanjie, and Kahanna stand out the most for me at the moment. I know a LOT of people hate Scarlet's light beat in her entrance look, but I dig it. She's not "fishy", but somehow still looks really soft and feminine to me. I dig it.