emmny

The OFFICIAL RPDR Discussion Thread

I am glad Trixie won, I'm guessing most people here (and people I follow on Twitter) aren't, but she should have been lip-syncing with Shangela. The fact that she didn't make it to the top two was the only twist this season. But whatever, what matters is that BeBe didn't win haha, she was the only one I actively rooted against in the end.

Not sure if I'm gonna watch season 10. I might consider watching the premier episode, but "might" is the key word here.

Trixie was in the top for me, but of course Shangela is my winner. 

I watched a live by Aja and she said after Kennedy went on the show the first time, she lost her house and had to get a few day jobs to make ends meet. If you think about it, Kennedy was right. Shangela and Trixie are successful in various media (music, acting, drag, etc), dunno wtf Bebe does but yeah, I guess if all the eliminated queens were aware of Kennedy's situation, she really was the one who needed that win the most. 

Anyway, I already moved on to s10. 

2 hours ago, platy said:

I watched a live by Aja and she said after Kennedy went on the show the first time, she lost her house and had to get a few day jobs to make ends meet. If you think about it, Kennedy was right. Shangela and Trixie are successful in various media (music, acting, drag, etc), dunno wtf Bebe does but yeah, I guess if all the eliminated queens were aware of Kennedy's situation, she really was the one who needed that win the most. 

I know I'm gonna get so much hate for this but ehhhh, here we go.

There's a reason why all the other queens are successful and Kennedy isn't. I don't claim to know everything about it, but personally speakind, just because you're an old-school drag mama and have been doing this shit for 20+ years doesn't guarantee you're actually good at it.

I never liked Kennedy as an entertainer. She never excelled like some other queens did, and I started majorly disliking her after S7 when she and Ginger Minj started putting down queens who had done drag for a shorter time than they had, saying how they're not as deserving to win as old-school drag artists are. And I call BS. Kennedy didn't even deserve to be in the top 2 for All Stars. For all I care, the world should forget about her and her toxic attitude where only people who've dedicated their life to drag since they were toddlers are the only deserving of any kind of victory.

This top 2 was a bit mind-boggling for me, i.e. wtf was Kennedy doing there. From this pair I'm glad that Trixie won.

That being said, and bearing in mind that I stan Trixie to the moon and back, I don't think she really deserved the top spot based on her overall performance throughout the season. My ideal top 2 would have been Trixie and Shangela, with Shangela winning. Ofc I'm happy for Trixie, but this whole All Stars 3 was kinda mehhh... the finale episode seemed rushed and without much ceremony too.

Can't wait to see what trainwreck of a season S10 will be~ :^)

I guess I'm gonna stay for season 10

Bullet points for this episode:

• some of these contestants are cuuuuute
  • I don't have any favourites yet
  • I wanted Kalorie to get the chop this episode, I don't really dig her, plus she's doing the whole Kardashian thing which...... ick
  • I'm also not into Aquaria, she seems really annoying
  • There's too many people to keep track of, I've forgotten at least half the contestants' names

This season looks like going to be a memorable ones.

All the young queens are good and the matured ones are legendary and not just some filler queens like past seasons. And the untucked were so fun. They are not afraid to joke and shade each other. Like really get in. Something I really missed from the show for awhile now.

And I like that they utilize the RuGirls to the show too. Cannot wait for the mentoring session by Alyssa next week! 

This is what the show was missing!! The longer episodes means we can get to know the queens better, more room for us to see their relationship develop. There isn't a queen that I dislike yet, but my favorite by far is Miz Cracker. Also 90% of them out of drag are super hot or at least interesting to look at, except Aquaria. She gives me pretentious fine art student vibes and I just wanna slap her in the face. 

6 minutes ago, platy said:

except Aquaria. She gives me pretentious fine art student vibes and I just wanna slap her in the face. 

THIS. I just wanted her to STOP. TALKING. I really like Miz Cracker. I've been watching her All Stars recaps all last season and hearing Drag momma Bob have a moment on the runway "That's my babyyyyy" was so cute too. 

So far I like almost everyone lol except for Aquaria. She needs to chill with those neck shakes when she's talking jfc. The other NY girls seem cool though and I LOVE Yuhua lmao

That was a really cool first episode by the way. Funny how it only took one episode for me to forget all of AS3.

1 hour ago, platy said:

except Aquaria. She gives me pretentious fine art student vibes and I just wanna slap her in the face. 

That is quite obvious, I mean, she wore vintage Versace turtle neck for her confessional look. 

this is the first time i've ever missed a first out so much, or even thought about a first out after their episode. during all the unbearable crying eureka screentime i just went to my happy place and thought about miss vanjie

4 minutes ago, cvltic said:

this is the first time i've ever missed a first out so much, or even thought about a first out after their episode. during all the unbearable crying eureka screentime i just went to my happy place and thought about miss vanjie

Vanjie is by far the most memorable first out ever lmao I wish she was still around. It's pretty cool though how so far every elimination will feel like a slightly hard blow, I like everyone

If Eureka goes I won't miss her. I still haven't seen why everyone hypes her up so much. That hillbilly look that she did was the best she's ever looked on the show and her best drag look was so underwhelming. I wish big queens would be more creative with their looks and silhouette. 

This week episode is the fuel that Eureka will need. I am guessing she will fck it up starting next week. I am seeing she will go far, very far. RuPaul like her enough to invite her back right away for this season last year. She didn't do that if she didn't see something from someone. Granted, her instict sometimes wrong (example Mis Cucu) but I am kinda feeling Eureka is a contender.

Edited by LIDL

omg the drag race Thailand finale 

Spoiler

annee maywong was robbed, but there were so many fun looks on stage (including the hosts and judges!) and some really good lipsync moments. 

I haven't been impressed by Eureka or Vixen's drag all that much. I think it's becoming apparent they're there for the drama. But I ain't really mad. It's keeping this season moving. 

Also poor Monet getting shade for actually knowing history about English accents changing since American colonization. I hope those queens got home and learned something from google lol. 

Edited by doombox