emmny

The OFFICIAL RPDR Discussion Thread

This season is just not doing it for me, and I knew that from the very beginning, just didn't wanna believe it.

Things are getting way too obvious, most of the queens aren't doing it for me, or they're not even trying. And if they do try, it just looks half-assed. The lipsyncs are especially some of the worst on the show; talk about those double eliminations that happened in the past all you want, but there's actually motherfuckers that are actually giving up. (I'm surprised no one has actually just up and walked out at this point.) I don't think I've ever seen that before, and I've watched RPDR since the very beginning, even though my cable was cut off in the midst of season 2 and I had to resort to illegal tactics. At least Valentina is staying strong and is taking her dismissal like a man, instead of resorting to making up bullshit excuses like certain queens *cough*oldqueen*cough*

I hate to say it, but season 9 may be worse than season 7. It's getting that bad.

2 minutes ago, sheepprincessgara said:

I hate to say it, but season 9 may be worse than season 7. It's getting that bad.

lol this. i honestly have no interest in continuing with this season. i'm behind in a few episodes and don't think it's worth catching up

Lashauwn Beyond really did see... beyond... this is RuPaul's Best Friend Race

I'm not a big fan of this season either and I don't even care who goes home or wins, but I don't think anything can be as bad as S7 tbh. At least some of the challenges in S9 are entertaining - S7 had nothing besides the John Waters one. We still have Trinity to bring the camp!

this season is weird, the eliminations have been interesting but the actual challenges and the obligatory serious talk at the mirror before the fastforwarded runways... ugh. still better than both S7 and S8 but AS2 was a really hard act to follow.

1 hour ago, Jigsaw9 said:

This episode and elimination...damn. All I'm gonna say is that I looooooved the club kid challenge, everyone looked super amazing, I'm living for these aesthetics.

Peppermint's look is gonna go down in history as one of the best ever seen on the show. She did that.

This was probably my favorite runway in any season. I wish all the other queens could've done it on the show.

DISAPPOINTED!!

Spoiler

Damn... That should've been Alexis. When it came to the lipsync Valentina did deserve to go home, but if we are looking at overall performance in the competition I'd have thought Ru wouldn't be so stupid. Now that bitch stays one more week and we have lost a worthy competitor :cry: 

People saying this season is as bad/worse than S7, I challenge you to go watch it again. S9 does lack drama and stand out personalities, but the outfits and comedy are 100x above S7.  I'll be that bitch who says 'we'll never have another one as good as S6' but it's true. That season was perfect on all accounts : drama, looks, personalities, fun, etc. and S9 is the closest we have come to that since. 

Now I'm voting for Shea and Sasha. It'll be so emotional if they have to sync against each other. Trinity is winning me over too, I still like Nina's looks but she needs to get over her insecurities.

All the looks were so good this challenge, except for you know who.

Also one thing I hate that happens every episode is fucking Alexis going in to be shady or whatever and always stating a hundred disclaimers beforehand "I'm NOT being shady, or coming for you, because I'm not, I'm just giving criticism because I appreciate if you did the same for me, I'm JUST saying, and you may not agree BUT, I don't wanna start a fight....It's just that your look sucks/ I did more work than any of you/ Why didn't you tell me my look sucks'' 

I thought Eureka was bad...

Edited by Platy

Spoiler

how the FUCK is Alexis still here?????????/ her ass should've been in the bottom instead of Shea, wtfffffff

i can understand why Shea was put in the bottom, but did she really have to lipsync against Nina??? predictable af tbh, to settle their feud before Nina went home. Now I can see Alexis being that annoying 4th girl, like Darienne Lake...takes me back...

This season is just FILLED with quitters lately, wtf is going on????

Edited by sheepprincessgara

I got a notification from Nina's YouTube channel this morning which spoiled the episode for me. 

It was time, but it's past Alexis' time too. No reason to put Shea on the bottom. 

If alexis doesn't go next season I might just drop it. 

ikr, there was NO damn reason to put Shea in the bottom, other than some mishaps on the runway. Alexis' runway was basic af, and her girl looked HIDEOUS. Wtf is that old dusty bitch Michelle even talking about??? There's been way too many galactic looks and she says that's fashion, and Shea's isn't??? Get the fuck outta here.

3 hours ago, sheepprincessgara said:

ikr, there was NO damn reason to put Shea in the bottom, other than some mishaps on the runway. Alexis' runway was basic af, and her girl looked HIDEOUS. Wtf is that old dusty bitch Michelle even talking about??? There's been way too many galactic looks and she says that's fashion, and Shea's isn't??? Get the fuck outta here.

Michelle is a pain in the ass. Like I said before, her critiques are so unwarranted sometimes. 

At this point I'm expecting someone else to go instead of Alexis, since they seem to want to keep her on. 

In untucked when she was like... We'll I did sew these dresses myself, I should've got more credit, because I made them with my hands[rambles on]...

No one cares. Her monologues are so annoying. 

everyone and their grandma are flailing in excitement over this week's episode and i'm like 'seriously?'

Spoiler

it was the most basic makeover episode ever. apart from sasha literally nobody did anything memorable and the idea of taking crew members was like... is the production out of ideas? lol sure, some of them are really likeable dudes but it just wasn't interesting imo.

so nOW this season u old bitches wanna talk...

few seasons were worse than the first half of season 7 but i love this season, partially bc everyone is so cordial and sickening minus that old clown alexis but yes its devoid of drama outside of forced editing cuts LOL

now that we're here...sasha trinity and shea for the win bitches

also i hate to be THAT twink but i almost jumped out my window when valentina was eliminated

>cue "jump bitch!" comment from the peanut gallery

Edited by emmny

Alexis will be go this week, it is already been known, no way Shea, Trinity or Sasha would be eliminated :P

But still, she could have gone sooner, rather than letting go Valentina and Nina first.

This is like when Ru let Rebecca stay to Top 3 rather than Ongina and Shannel

With that said, I hope Trinity win. She is the actual C.U.N.T for me since she goes beyond her comfort zone in these. She did beyond her pageantry roots and image and that's talent for me tbh

8 hours ago, Peace Heavy mk II said:

Could also do without the 8 minutes of watching the girl who goes home crying / packing up.

Agreed. Probably the weirdest editing decision they've ever had. Like bye gurl don't need a whole segment of you packing up. It was especially cringey with Valentina, and I love Valentina. It just felt forced.

Just saw the Untucked for this week episode. I thought it'd be joyful to see Alexis finally leave.

But it is actually quite sad Untucked episode :(