Bear

Japanese metal!

I'm not sure if I've mentioned this band earlier, but this deserve a mention anyway:

Guillotine Terror

Crusty death metal madness with a strong d-beat influence with Will of Ssorc on guitar. Have released one EP and  five albums since their formation in 1990, and is stilla active as far as I know even though it's been 9 years since last album. I'm not familiar with their newer outputs, but their older stuff rips and bands like Deathpeed, Death Side, Framtid and Gibbed comes to mind.

No God

Japanese Corruption

Black Metal Yesteryear, a blog for black metal demos, recently uploaded Gnome's self-titled debut demo. This demo has been impossible to find for years and is worth your time. It's not quite as unique as Under the Black Moon, but a fantastic demo nonetheless and quality-wise it's not too far behind. As with Under the Black Moon it's very Burzum-, Forgotten Woods-, Strid- and Nidhoggr-esque, but unique and still different. Top quality black metal!

Edited by Bear

a4248130330_10.jpg

Abigail's fifth full lenght and first since 2010's Sweet Baby Metal Slut is finally coming. The album is titled The Final Damnation and features great cover art by Chris "Thorncross" Moyen. Thought the new song was great as well. Probably the most black metal-sounding song they've done since the debut album, but with the pressence of much more heavy metal. Less punk, less thrash/speed metal and way more black and heavy metal. Promising!

https://nuclearwarnowproductions.bandcamp.com/album/the-final-damnation

Hey I thought this might be the best place to ask. Does anyone have  a discography for the Japanese noisecore band World http://www.last.fm/music/World . I used to have their discography but I lost my hard drive sometime ago and I haven't been able to find much by them since.  Here was a blog that had their full disco http://cephalochromoscope.blogspot.com/2012/04/world-osaka-japan-discography-1996-xxxx.html Not available anymore though. If anyone can help me out I would appreciate it. 

does anybody here happen to know who the vocalist at 6:52 is? it could be the band's actual vocalist, but i don't know. the vocalist here sounds completely different than the one in 天草 (the other song by 蜘手わみ in this compilation). but maybe the two songs DO have the same vocalist? if that's the case, i really gotta find out who this dude is, because his voice is fuckin impressive.

the track title of the song i'm asking about says "feat.ナーチュー", so i was thinking that name was possibly a guest vocalist? but this band seems fairly new and i can't find much on them at all, so maybe somebody here has a better clue than i do.

thanks in advance if anybody's got anything!

edit: LOL upon further research, this album came out in 2014 so the band isn't new

Edited by itsukoii

We're getting close to the end of 2017 so I thought I'd post a small list of Japanese metal releases I've liked a lot this year.

Evil - 邪悪を讃えよ (Rites of Evil)

By far my Japanese favourite of the year. Take the debuts from bands such as Bathory, Hellhammer/Celtic Frost, Sabbat, Bulldozer, Venom, Sarcofago, Vulcano, Sodom and Sepultura and mix it up and you've got this. Simple, straight-forward and fantastic black metal that sounds like something from the 80's.

Bafomet - Poison of Darkness

Japanese/Chilean black/speed metal. It's simple and straight-forward, but it's lots of fun.

Coven - The Advent

Traditional heavy metal with ex-Fastkill guitarist Akihiro Ito. The cover is the least metal thing I've even seen on a heavy metal release, but music-wise it's really cool. The vocalist is a bit hit and miss, but it's catchy as fuck.

Kanashimi - Inoni

More depressive black/doom metal from this Japanese one man band. It's a bit more uplifting and airy than the debut, and with a more post-black metal-vibe than funeral doom. But it's beautiful and haunting, and I really, really like this album.

Anatomia - Cranial Obsession

This Japanese horde delivers mean and dirty death/doom metal in the vein of Autopsy and Coffins. They stick to what they know, and that's OK because they do it so good every time. Great album!

Witchslaught released their debut (recorded in 2013) this year too. I've only heard a few songs, but this shit is great and the demo rules too. Furious metal punk that makes me want to smash a head or two.

Necrophile released their debut album Awakening Those Oppressed this year. They formed all the way back in 87 and released some fantastic demos and EPs before they split up. Reformed in 2013 and released their debut now. Not heard the whole thing, but the tracks I've heard have been good. Death metal.

Also really looking forward to hearing the new G.A.T.E.S. album. It took no less than 18 years before these Japanese metal punks with members and ex-members from Sabbat, Magnesium, Metalucifer, Sacrifice, Church of Misery and Sonic Flower manage to release their debut, but I bet their spent their time well.Can't wait to get a hold on it.

I also have some bands to share or pretty "new" outcomes which I liked.

「Story of Hope」

Metalcore band with soft and cute female voice with screamo, like in this song.

Unlucky Morpheus

Power metal with strong female voice, some growl and violin. In this year they released Black Pentagram.

ストロベリーソングオーケストラ (strawberry song orchestra)
They call themselves "freak show punk", but some of their songs are pretty metal. I think they should be mentioned here. It's insanely difficult to find any info about them or music, but afaik they released EP in this year.

Undead Corporation
Used to be a doujin circle, but they went more... "global". Melodic death metal band with female voice.

Anguis Dei released an EP last year and it sounds really good. The band consists of Ur Èmdr Oervn (Arkha Sva, Avsolutized...), Hakuja (Hakuja, Funeral Elegy), Juno Nitta (Juno Bloodlust) and italian drummer Summum Algor (Juno Bloodlust, Adversam). Semi-symphonic melodic black metal with great riffs, superb vocals (with included falsettos!!!), amazing keyboard-work and some stunning guitar solos. It's quite gothic in nature, but never in a very cheesy or boring way. It's more gothic in a dark and twisted way. I am diggin' the shit out of this!

On 10.12.2017 at 3:37 PM, Bear said:

Also really looking forward to hearing the new G.A.T.E.S. album. It took no less than 18 years before these Japanese metal punks with members and ex-members from Sabbat, Magnesium, Metalucifer, Sacrifice, Church of Misery and Sonic Flower manage to release their debut, but I bet their spent their time well.Can't wait to get a hold on it.

After 18 years of evil, Tokyo punk metal bastards G.A.T.E.S. finally release their debut album. Preceded by a battery of demos, singles and splits to lay the foundations, the metalpunk pioneers have shared black gold with the likes of Children of Technology, Blüdwülf and none-more-honourable than Disclose, the enduring legacy of D-Beat Master Kawakami. 

Hammering drums of hell are the cavalry, double-bass madness and d-beat chaos driving relentlessly forward. Loose and sleazy bass work is the artillery, unleashing salvo after salvo with a filth-laden swagger worthy of Motörhead. Razorsharp guitar riffage is the infantry, swarming the battlefield with diverse tactics to attain supremacy and slaughter without mercy. Vocals are the imperious command HQ, ex-Coffins/Church Of Misery throatshredder Yoshiaki Negishi assaulting with tyranny.

https://mesacounojo.bandcamp.com/album/back-from-the-grave

Entire album is up for streaming. I wasn't wrong. This is a filthy piece of Japanese metalpunk. Top stuff!

On ‎7‎/‎23‎/‎2015 at 9:13 PM, Vercingetorix said:

GIRLS METAL DUMP!

never liked japanese femal metal but they seem nice

On 14.02.2018 at 6:53 PM, blackdoll said:

never liked japanese femal metal but they seem nice

Have you heard about G∀LMET?

Edited by Yuri

Speed metal punkers in Military Shadow are about to release their first full length after an EP in 2018. This might be the cover art of the year, and it sounds truly excellent. Raw and mean, but catchy as hell. Can't wait for this to come out.

How many of you guys are familiar with Tetsuya Kanmuri aka The Kanmuri (or stylized as THE冠)?

Long story short, Tetsuya Kanmuri started in 1991, when he formed So What? After the band broke up in 2003, Kanmuri began his solo project, and on this year's April he released his 6th album named "Nippon no Heavy Metal". His style feels like a mix of Sex Machineguns and early Seikima-II with dose of theatrical drama. He often made joined lives with those two bands.

Oh and remember the anime called "Detroid Metal City", pretty much a protoplast to Aggretsuko? He's the one who sang in it's opening theme 😎

I own all of his albums in physical format, so expect it in downloads soon 

Well, GISM's first album is getting reissued by Relapse. So

1. RIP to all their cool-mysterious-cult band internet hype and mystique.

2. The cover will be censored, because 2020.

hopefully it's not brickwalled.

Edited by hopefully_benign