herpes

who's your most #problematic fave?

I wasn't aware of any instances of blackface in VK. I know it's happened in k-pop though.
Who besides "tzk" is guilty of this?

Also, I still wanna know what "inhumane acts" Kei of Rubik did. Certainly, there's some potentially #problematic lusciousness there.

fyi y'all need to provide receipts. 

most definitely. 

are we forgetting the ruki / swastika beef? bruh i aint even heard of this aoi tweet, besides ruki is the devil so

May I ask what rumours about Satsuki being awful there is, and also if you meant fucking with fans literally?

Because the impression I got of Satsuki is the complete opposite...

i mean literally screwing with too many fans and being a dick to fans LOL

i was surprised too until i read it on an eng tanuki blog. i havent gone into detail but there are pages and pages of his drama esp how he treats mitsu

he seems so pretty and innocent which is the funny part LMFAO i'd probably still throw my coins at him but i'd hate to be involved with him otherwise. its a shame i cant read japanese because i'd love to read further into it, but even a quick search gives u topics upon topics and we can safely assume its not his music they're discussing ^.^

I wasn't aware of any instances of blackface in VK. I know it's happened in k-pop though.

Who besides "tzk" is guilty of this?

ryoga from BORN was mentioned before

And here's one that probably only I remember in the foreign community: nuppe from Souiumono. That wasn't the worst of that incident either but it was more ignorance than racism imo

i mean literally screwing with too many fans and being a dick to fans LOL

i was surprised too until i read it on an eng tanuki blog. i havent gone into detail but there are pages and pages of his drama esp how he treats mitsu

he seems so pretty and innocent which is the funny part LMFAO i'd probably still throw my coins at him but i'd hate to be involved with him otherwise. its a shame i cant read japanese because i'd love to read further into it, but even a quick search gives u topics upon topics and we can safely assume its not his music they're discussing ^.^

Can you link me to the japanese webpage, I'd love to read a bit

Can you link me to the japanese webpage, I'd love to read a bit

I think the (unspoken?) rule for tanuki is if you don't know how to use it you shouldn't be on there. Also, unless you have built up the really crazy japanese VK vocabulary then a lot will be nonsense...

I think the (unspoken?) rule for tanuki is if you don't know how to use it you shouldn't be on there. Also, unless you have built up the really crazy japanese VK vocabulary then a lot will be nonsense...

Haha I think that rule is invented by fytanuki :D But still, if you can't even find it yourself, you def don't know enough Japanese to use it.

edit// yay my 1200th post

Edited by paradoxal

Haha I think that rule is invented by fytanuki :D But still, if you can't even find it yourself, you def don't know enough Japanese to use it.

edit// yay my 1200th post

It might not be said in those terms but it's hinted at on tanuki itself. If you are out of place etc people will be like "what are you, panpi?" and panpi are expressly forbidden (it's in the rules and I've actually taken the time to look at the rules page lol)

But yeah if you can't find it yourself you might be in over your head with tanuki... The slang is crazy on there.

(sorry getting a little off topic now)

It might not be said in those terms but it's hinted at on tanuki itself. If you are out of place etc people will be like "what are you, panpi?" and panpi are expressly forbidden (it's in the rules and I've actually taken the time to look at the rules page lol)

But yeah if you can't find it yourself you might be in over your head with tanuki... The slang is crazy on there.

(sorry getting a little off topic now)

i rely on fytanuki for all my guilty pleasure bandomen gossip needs

but i've tried and oh my god why bother with learning japanese those forums are so next level

i rely on fytanuki for all my guilty pleasure bandomen gossip needs

but i've tried and oh my god why bother with learning japanese those forums are so next level

Yeah if you're overseas I understand that feeling. But when you're here, you pick up the crazy talk without realizing it. It's messed up my japanese, lol. But I don't really look at fytanuki, it's easier to find info on bands I want to know about+see if I've been mentioned by looking myself.

also, to be on topic:

nuppe's obsession with boobs has gone from amusing to gross at this point

Yeah if you're overseas I understand that feeling. But when you're here, you pick up the crazy talk without realizing it. It's messed up my japanese, lol. But I don't really look at fytanuki, it's easier to find info on bands I want to know about+see if I've been mentioned by looking myself.

also, to be on topic:

nuppe's obsession with boobs has gone from amusing to gross at this point

yeah of course it must be pretty convenient when you can actually understand what goes on in the forums! (lucky you)

and also can i list gackt as problematic? partially cuz i hate him partially cuz he's probably a pathological liar

anyone else read the exerpt from his book on why he left MM and called bullshit the whole time? its probably my malice mizer fanboy speaking but im 99% sure its gackt who became money fixated lol it seems too wild to be mana/kozi/yuki's doing.

OHOH also his rumoured foreign lovechild in vancouver that one's really funny lmao

About the blackface thing: seeing how tsuzuku’s and Ryoga’s make up are executed I wouldn’t call it blackface at all. Blackface is a very well defined term (even though some oversensitive “everything offends me!”-yelling people disagree) and comes with certain characteristics. Just slapping some black paint onto your face is not blackface. Blackface is meant to make fun of black people. so it comes with the wearer exhibiting manierism, that are ignorantly associated with being black, such as painting very large, red lips, wearing clothes of a jazz musician or hip-hopper and using a specific body language. None of this applies to these two.

I agree though, that this happened a few times with K-Pop musicians who dressed up as rappers.

Acctually I'm majoring in japanese (final year, writing my thesis now), and I did find it from googling, I just never got what it was I was reading because whenever I opened a topic that looked "interesting" it's like a million pages and they don't say much on each post, which like you said was quite un-understandable because of the crazy japanese vocabulary...so I wanted to get a link to the right topic, don't need that anymore though because I read and realised I wanted to stay out of that sh** because my rational mind told me 99% of what is said is pure BS. (sorry for causing this thread to go off topic)

About the blackface thing: seeing how tsuzuku’s and Ryoga’s make up are executed I wouldn’t call it blackface at all. Blackface is a very well defined term (even though some oversensitive “everything offends me!”-yelling people disagree) and comes with certain characteristics. Just slapping some black paint onto your face is not blackface. Blackface is meant to make fun of black people. so it comes with the wearer exhibiting manierism, that are ignorantly associated with being black, such as painting very large, red lips, wearing clothes of a jazz musician or hip-hopper and using a specific body language. None of this applies to these two.

I agree though, that this happened a few times with K-Pop musicians who dressed up as rappers.

nuppe's can still be considered black face. He did it because playing the part of someone from Africa. His mannerisms were affcted and he was supposed to be speaking another language obviously so he would just make sounds. It was a joke but I still think it was more out of ignorance and lack of cultural awareness (a huuuuge problem here) than racism

Acctually I'm majoring in japanese (final year, writing my thesis now), and I did find it from googling, I just never got what it was I was reading because whenever I opened a topic that looked "interesting" it's like a million pages and they don't say much on each post, which like you said was quite un-understandable because of the crazy japanese vocabulary...so I wanted to get a link to the right topic, don't need that anymore though because I read and realised I wanted to stay out of that sh** because my rational mind told me 99% of what is said is pure BS. (sorry for causing this thread to go off topic)

Oh ok sorry. Though, once again as you noticed it's a pain in the ass to sift through tanuki threads so it's highly doubtful someone (even fuckyeahtanuki) would grab links to specific threads--plus discussions like what you wanted to see are most likely spanning several threads. But definitely, you have to be skeptical with reading it and most of the time is bitching about gya tbh. But even if you're majoring in japanese it doesn't prepare you for the bangya slang that riddles the threads and they sometimes give members nicknames (ie kisaki is "tooth" iirc. JokArt au Legal's bassist's name was Suu so they wrote his name as the kanji for vinegar)

Shiina Ringo now added to the list of problematic faves for this photo from the shouso strip booklet

CDhLf_DWAAEER8F.jpg

yeah of course it must be pretty convenient when you can actually understand what goes on in the forums! (lucky you)

and also can i list gackt as problematic? partially cuz i hate him partially cuz he's probably a pathological liar

anyone else read the exerpt from his book on why he left MM and called bullshit the whole time? its probably my malice mizer fanboy speaking but im 99% sure its gackt who became money fixated lol it seems too wild to be mana/kozi/yuki's doing.

OHOH also his rumoured foreign lovechild in vancouver that one's really funny lmao

Gackt is literally the most problematic. His response to the rape accusation was to discredit the woman, say that he is the true victim and get his stans to attack her.

(except he's no one's fave)

Blackface is a very well defined term (even though some oversensitive “everything offends me!”-yelling people disagree) and comes with certain characteristics. Just slapping some black paint onto your face is not blackface. Blackface is meant to make fun of black people. so it comes with the wearer exhibiting manierism, that are ignorantly associated with being black, such as painting very large, red lips, wearing clothes of a jazz musician or hip-hopper and using a specific body language. None of this applies to these two.

that's cute but you're wrong

http://www.salon.com/2013/10/29/the_first_rule_of_blackface_its_not_hard_to_understand_everyone/

Shiina Ringo now added to the list of problematic faves for this photo from

Gackt is literally the most problematic. His response to the rape accusation was to discredit the woman, say that he is the true victim and get his stans to attack her.

(except he's no one's fave)

that cigarette smoking monkey is so aesthetic get with the program sweetie

LOL im so happy that gackt stans either dont exist on this forum or are so closeted that they're invisible

but thats literally every single legal strategy used by famous people to defend against """"alleged'""" rape its so fucking awful

On 4/26/2015 at 7:23 AM, anakuro said:

I totally agree on the Tanuki thing. It's so so so hard to navigate and the slang is so crazy. Even people who's Japanese is near fluent have a difficult time reading it. I also try to stay away from it, it's terrible to read and there's no proof of anything. Anonymity brings out the worse in people.

That being said almost every vkei band in the history of ever has had a nazi concept or has worn the Japanese imperial flag on their bodies. Vkei, like kpop, is very un-PC.

I want to take a special opportunity to give a shout-out to Lira from Elysion. I love Elysion and I don't know if he's just awkward or what but calling out the fact that they're foreigners in the instore event who understand Japanese (as though it was a huge surprise) was not cute. It was really embarrassing and I'm glad the rest of the bandmen changed the topic lightening fast.

On 2016-06-04 at 4:33 AM, BangyaWanabii said:

I want to take a special opportunity to give a shout-out to Lira from Elysion. I love Elysion and I don't know if he's just awkward or what but calling out the fact that they're foreigners in the instore event who understand Japanese (as though it was a huge surprise) was not cute. It was really embarrassing and I'm glad the rest of the bandmen changed the topic lightening fast.

whats this tea LOL

51 minutes ago, mahoujin said:

Came here expecting to at least see Dada from Velvet Eden mentioned because oh man... that guy... 

you can't just say this and not give deets