Sign in to follow this  
doombox

[Band Battle] SuG vs. vistlip!

2 bands enter, 1 band leave.  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Which band does it for you?

• SuG are the best!
    • vistlip all the way!

Haven't done this in a while and someone just reminded me about them so here we go!

This time we bring you 2 challengers who released acclaimed albums this year and are battling it out for your favorite pop rock visual band! 

SuG

tumblr_nn251cblKz1t22p4ho1_500.jpg

vistlip

tumblr_nn251cblKz1t22p4ho2_500.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXwQTJ5mrhQ

Which one is your favorite and why?

Yay~

Tough one since I like them both equally... now. u-u However, I've been a fan of SuG longer than vistlip and had, at one point, favoured SuG over vistlip due to their older albums. Would have been interesting if it was an Oshare Kei pitting against one another but seeing as how SuG have changed since their first stuff, this is fitting. I'll be sticking with one of my favourites in Oshare Kei (lemme stay in the past please); SuG.

vistlip

I do prefer their style and Tomo's voice (for me) is way better.

Also, vistlip last release was more consistent in my music taste.

I used to like SuG but they changed a lot.

I stopped following both some time ago(SuG was shortly after Vi-Vi-Vi and vistlip was after the first release after their wreck that killed their manager) so I'm not sure of the progression of their sounds between now and then. Having listened to both bands' new albums, I'd have to go with vistlip. Their sound has remained consistent through the entire album, and LAYOUT touched a bit on their old style(even though I hear some Kyo-esque pterodactyl screeches in there.. Tomo stahp). SuG's BLACK was mostly a letdown, the only decent song to me being the title song that wasn't even placed in the tracklist appropriately. The album was all over the place and made me kinda sad. :c

Gonna stick with my intimidating-but-adorable bassist Umi and vistlip. ;3;

This is easy, I've never been able to stand SUG and Vistlip is one of my favorite still-going VK bands. Vistlip will have to take over for Vivid for me in the inoffensive pop-rock VK category lol

Rather impressed that most users (minus those who managed to explain their choice constructively) chose Vistlip just for the sake of shitting @ SuG (consequently turning a blind eye to SuG's obvious signs of significant improvement (can't wait for counterarguments) after their departure from PSC)...I don't think I have seen much vistlip hype around here either? As evilcoconut pointed it out, they are just another inoffensive (no1curr) pop-rock vk band who stayed stagnant for hella long time so far - lmao.

Therefore, I am gonna go against the tide and say GO GO TAKERU AND CO. GO

I used to like vistlip but after their first few releases they started to sound bland and predictable to me. I feel like I enjoy more SuG songs.

I vote SuG

I think both bands are pretty embarrassing and bad, but the choice is easy as Sug has one good song in their discography while Vistlip doesn't. And that song is Alterna. Cool song by a horrible band. So Sug it is.

^ LOL. sorry but i literally burst out laughing on reading your comment.

in any case, people are free to say/think what they want, except that anyone making a statement like yours had better already gone through the entire discography of both bands in question. in this case, that would be over 200 songs :D

anyway, my choice is obvious. i could write an essay on how much vistlip means to me, but i doubt anyone would be interested..

Sign in to follow this