Jigsaw9

MEJIBRAY

23 hours ago, Disposable said:

SO HOW ABOUT IT MEJIBOIS tour finale on the 16th of december and that's presumably the last live too. Now I'd be a piece of shit if I didn't go, because even if they return an year later it's nonetheless an end of an era when the GOAT is herded into the stable for slumber.

if there's any time for me to go to Japan for the first time this is it. Anyone else?

you'd piss ur pants laughing at the mejiSLAY foreigners be careful what u wish for

actually just become a fake bangya for the #experience

Edited by emmny

9 hours ago, Disposable said:

Now I'm heavily leaning on going to Japan for most of the tour. Got my hitchhiking guides read and my 10 euro a night lodgings bookmarked. 

count me in.

They're not even gone yet and I already miss them. The announcement of the hiatus was so sudden and the cloud of mystery surrounding isn't helping any; there's probably more info somewhere now like on the blogs of the members but I don't have access/couldn't read it anyway. I wonder if tsuzuku is doing fine and whether he'll even stick around in the scene afterwards. ( if anyone has any info to relay then please do so )

Really took the wind out of my sails this one, like I holistically lost interest in vk with my boiz going away... well it's more the straw that broke the camel's back but nonetheless. 

On 10/13/2017 at 7:16 AM, Disposable said:

They're not even gone yet and I already miss them. The announcement of the hiatus was so sudden and the cloud of mystery surrounding isn't helping any; there's probably more info somewhere now like on the blogs of the members but I don't have access/couldn't read it anyway. I wonder if tsuzuku is doing fine and whether he'll even stick around in the scene afterwards. ( if anyone has any info to relay then please do so )

Really took the wind out of my sails this one, like I holistically lost interest in vk with my boiz going away... well it's more the straw that broke the camel's back but nonetheless. 

The mobile member blog is pretty much entirely comprised of setlists nowadays, peppered with some live photos taken from the back. Any member blog that existed has basically fallen out of use - Tsuzuku was using the LINE blog like his own for awhile, but that stopped when the hiatus announcement came out. The radio silence is everywhere. Literally. There's still no MCs, not even at their 6th anniversary. Still no encores. Not expecting any to come until their final live, if even then.

This isn't to say they have lost interest or given up or whatever else people are saying. The lives are still as much fun as they've ever been, and they've been very sweet at the instores, even if they're really short now that they're photos. I'm not in a position to know first hand or anything, but it feels like especially Tsuzuku and Koichi aren't happy at all with the way this has gone down. Even in the new Stuppy, as far as I've heard (feel free to confirm or deny; I haven't been able to buy it for myself yet) Tsuzuku refused to take part in the interview at all and Koichi gave very curt answers to the questions (and weren't really answers at all). 

I really wish we had some more clear-cut answers, but I feel like they're sending a pretty strong message?

this radio silence is actually so shocking for a visual band, it totally reads like a protest against their mgmt

hope my kochan is a-okay cuz i miss his social media presence a lot, he's one of the few band guys i followed on insta lol FUCK

2 hours ago, emmny said:

this radio silence is actually so shocking for a visual band, it totally reads like a protest against their mgmt

Glad I'm not the only one getting this vibe, LOL.

Lucky they are not Western banda otherwise the silly SJWs will have a field day on them for those black face 😂😂😂😂

7 hours ago, frayed said:

Glad I'm not the only one getting this vibe, LOL.

definitely, I mean they clearly aren't helping their label out with promoting this last tour through any of their usual fan service/engagement. I wonder what forum has to lose though, i doubt the tour is gonna flop because of their resistance to promote it so maybe it's just an empty boycott of the whole promotions cycle??? tell me what you think!!

I watched their latest DVD and you can cleary see why they're going on hiatus. They just play the songs without any emotions, only the last 3/4 songs they seem to have a little fun and then it just ends, no MCs, no interactions between the members.

Only MiA and Meto seems to still like eachothers lol they're often on eachother's instagram

Edited by Kiryu999

12 minutes ago, Kiryu999 said:

I watched their latest DVD and you can cleary see why they're going on hiatus. They just play the songs without any emotions, only the last 3/4 songs they seem to have a little fun and then it just ends, no MCs, no interactions between the members.

Only MiA and Meto seems to still like eachothers lol they're often on eachother's instagram

Maybe they really lost their passions on their band or their musics.
I don't realize too much , but honest in the DVD released recently years , Tsuzuku seem to cannot sing like the past too.
His vocal seems to become a little TIRED and cannot reach the performance he should have.
Hmm not disappointed but just worried about him and the whole band ,
maybe after hiatus this time , they won't come back anymore.
But I just still hope Tsuzuku can come back to the scene honestly !
(Sorry I focus on the vocal more ...)

Yeah Tzk is obviously having vocal problems. I just today saw that the live dvd was out and it is, from what I could tell from the bits I listened to in the morning, easily their worst and their latest before that was the lamest thus far so. That 15 song set is like, what. Maybe the shortest full price vk dvd ever?

5 hours ago, emmny said:

definitely, I mean they clearly aren't helping their label out with promoting this last tour through any of their usual fan service/engagement. I wonder what forum has to lose though, i doubt the tour is gonna flop because of their resistance to promote it so maybe it's just an empty boycott of the whole promotions cycle??? tell me what you think!!

If anything, the attitude they're taking with the upcoming hiatus is just making the upcoming tour crazier imho. Whether or not this is the band's intent is one thing, but that seems to be the result. Ticket sales are crazier than they've been and so are the re-sales, and then they've got the final in Shikiba, so there's that. Some people think this is a big marketing ploy and I can't say I completely blame them for thinking it.

On the other hand, the lack of encores and MCs, if it is a protest, marketing angle to add intrigue, whatever - it's kind of hard because I'm a pretty big Mejibray fan but I try to keep a level head about it, and even if I love them and want to think this is for a better reason we can't know, I can't help thinking it's not really fair to the fans. It feels like a punishment that's hurting the wrong people.

17 hours ago, emmny said:

it totally reads like a protest against their mgmt

That seems to be the case.

I haven't followed Meji in like 4 years but my friends who still do told me their management pulled the plug on everything without any warning, most likely due to declining ticket/CD sales.

Of course I can't tell you if that's actually the case but given their recent behavior I do think that's the reason. I could be totally wrong though. That's just what I heard from friends when the hiatus was first announced. I haven't asked for follow up info cause I don't really care but regardless if that really is what happened I feel bad for them. Their manager is an asshole so I wouldn't put it past him.

This thread dies and then comes back all the time lol. Anyone think a Mejibray return in the future is ever likely ?

unpopular opinion maybe but imho best case scenario would be all four members joining/starting new bands, w/ maybe a token meji reunion or single every few years or so
kinda feel like meji already did the best it could do & the members still have potential outside that particular band