Jigsaw9

MEJIBRAY

They're one of my fave new VK bands, so I thought I'd make a topic for them~

MEJIBRAY++Promoting+Sabbato.png

MEJIBRAY started out in early 2011 as a solo project for ex-VanessA vocalist Genki who changed his name to Tsuzuku. By the beginning of summer they changed into a full-fledged band, releasing their first limited single/demo only a month after. Despite Ippu (one of the guitarists) leaving the band in autumn they have been providing a steady stream of releases and gigs. Because of the ex-VanessA members they gained popularity in the scene extremely quickly. Their style can be described as aggressive but melodic rock with hints of metalcore and heavy metal. Or, as Tsuzuku said in an interview, "Human Brain Karma Project" (yeah, that doesn't really mean anything :lol: ).

Members:
- vocals: Tsuzuku
- guitar: MiA
- bass: Koichi
- drums: Meto

My story: I kinda casually liked VanessA's music (except for their last few releases which were terrible IMO), so naturally I became curious when I heard Genki is having a new project because I like his vocals. I wasn't disappointed in the end, although at first the music didn't leave a lasting impact on me - good but nothing extraordinary. However, as time passed and they released more, I really fell in love with their style: the driving and powerful guitars (well MiA started out as a roadie for Galneryus, so there ya go xD), drums and nicely done vocals. I like that they manage to balance between being catchy/melodic and aggressive...plus, their choruses aren't as bland as most modern VK bands (usually that's the downfall of songs for me, the same slowish/boring chorus). To me they're the best new VK band (2011-) that's around these days. Hope they'll manage to keep the quality with their upcoming full album!

I noticed there's quite a number of MEJIBRAY listeners over here, so hopefully this thread will be kinda active.
So, any favorite songs/releases?

Their style can be described as aggressive metalcore with hints of melodic rock and heavy metal.

Switched that around for you.

I kinda casually liked VanessA's music (except for their last few releases which were terrible)

Quoted for concurrency. It's almost not even an opinion because everything after Distracted Womb is terribad.

As for this band...they're not really doing it for me. Sometimes I can see what they have good ideas going on in their songs and then sometimes I don't feel like they're even trying. If they were more consistent then maybe.

Yay, glad you started this up, since I was planning it too~! :lolita_love:

I got a like after their title song ''KILLING ME'' and after that I became a fan ^__^!

It's still my favorite song so that gave me a reason to get their new album next month!

couldn't get their Killing Me single.. so..

Hmmm.. beside that song, I like distance.exe and サバト ^^

I am really curious how their new album turns out, since Tsuzuku told they put their hearts into it which will become one of their best work... so... let's hope it's good! :)

MEJIBRAY is pretty good. My favorite song from them right now is Karma -Gareki no Mantichoras- which I bought on iTunes. (I also own their Killing Me single.)

All their releases are great though.

Also their lineup I always felt was interesting and I was one of those folks waiting to hear them before they released anything. Their original lineup was:

Vo: Tsuzuku: (ex. VanessA)

Gt: MiA: (ex. Toon Factory)

Gt: Ippu (ex. VanessA)

Ba: Koichi (ex. VanessA)

Dr: Meto

So you've got 3 members who had once been in VanessA, then you've got... Toon Factory's lead?

I figured having MiA in their lineup would likely give MEJIBRAY a lighter and more melodic sound than VanessA and for the most part I was right. And I expected to hear some cool guitar solos as well since MiA's occasional solos were pretty good back in Toon Factory, and you can hear a nice long one in Karma. I was also curious what Meto was going to sound like seeing as he's the only member who hasn't been in a VK band prior to MEJIBRAY. Anyways, I have no complaints really except that I hope they will release some even heavier stuff.

^ I think Karma might be one of my top favorites too (so glad it'll be on the album!), especially because of the catchy guitars (and the solo). 8)

I'm really curious what their album songs will sound like, whether they'll bring something new we haven't heard from them till now - for me they seem to be a very consistent sounding band (or having a strong unifying sound). As long as they don't go all cutesy-cutesy (unlikely to happen imo xD) I'm all ears for it. :)

Full tracklist for their new album available!!

「Emotional【KARMA】」Limited edition

Tracklist

1.Fell to the HEAVEN

2.Wrath of GOD

3.カルマ-瓦礫のマンティコーラース-

4.いつか君に殺され死ねるなら

5.サバト

6.Anemone

7.Spice

8.Invisible Tower maker

9.EIPHILIA

10.Chameleon YUMMY

11.KILLING ME

DVD:カルマ-瓦礫のマンティコーラース-

「Emotional【KARMA】」Regular Edition

Tracklist

1.Fell to the HEAVEN

2.Wrath of GOD

3.カルマ-瓦礫のマンティコーラース-

4.いつか君に殺され死ねるなら

5.サバト

6.偽りの仮面/じさつのうた

7.Anemone

8.Spice

9.Invisible Tower maker

10.EIPHILIA

11.Mechanical beauty

12.Chameleon YUMMY

13.KILLING ME

^ I like that there are so many new songs, lookin' forward to getting my copy. :)

Then again, let me express how much it annoys me when a band decides to close an album with an already known/released song. XD

ooooooooi~♪ How can this topic die off for so longgggg, my kawaii mejiburayyyyyyy.

Our awesome wheelchair guy can play fooootball!

tumblr_mv6bnmzjs91r66dpno4_500.jpg

Omgod ww

Koichi-sama getting colourful

tumblr_mv5vf7TsUa1rwcmhto1_1280.jpg

Ah in this pic I can't even recognize meto-chan~

tumblr_mv5k1gBo8e1sw1atio1_500.jpg

He looks somehow pretty cool.

MiA~

tumblr_mv4opr5xPM1sh2a8ao1_500.jpg

tumblr_mv3uzp1Vqu1qmg32go2_250.gif

^ uwaaah~ :wan-40:

tumblr_mv3306GNdW1ssfa7ko1_400.gif

Tzk trolling www

Enough picspam from me :> Anyone looking forward for their upcoming release? Decadance - Counting Goats … if I can’t be yours~

Not really my cup of coffee and I'm quite freaked out by MiA's nose, but they're decent, I guess?

I remember liking some of VanessA's songs quite a lot, but MEJIBRAY haven't managed to captivate me yet.

Curious about the next release :3

I am hoping for a new album following the upcoming single. It still feels kind of strange to me that we haven't had full album in the time that Mejibray has gained serious popularity, especially given the frequency of singles that have been put out in that time. The A Priori - Shuuei - Decadence series would have made for a good album I think but they packaged all of their singles together in the SM album.

Yeah, I'm hoping for a longer release after the single too... even a mini album would be fine. Not sure how well they would fare in album setting again, or at least their 1st full-length hasn't really held up well in my opinion (to me it only had a small handful of actually good/interesting tracks besides the single stuff). Tho I guess they have more experience now, so anyway, would be nice to see another album, yea. :D

so like this band, hmmm I loved them since they came out alot, then after 2012 i skipped their shit cause i just got bad vibes ewww! came back into them with shuuei, now i just like them. they just fuck around to much. oh yeah raven has me wanting more falseto songs.

I'm half interested in tsu, like he's good/hot but then sometimes he's not. uhh and why does he have to be a ruki fanboy.

current favs raven, killing me 2014 ver, and gaichuu.

Waaaah I love this band.  It's another band to me where all the songs are awesome and haven't found one I don't like.  Tsu made me fall in love with his screams and growls <3

I had been listening to their songs and if I had to pick one it would be Messiah that's a good one I think. 

They're ok. I don't like the vocalist..kinda not fitting for the overall music, but the instrumentals are at times pretty cool. Karasu is probably my favourite song.

EDIT "karasu" haha. Screw me. For one time now it actually reads raven in english and I'm just not used to it. lol

But honestly, if someone were to change the bands name to SCREW I wouldn't notice a bit.

OH yes. OHHHHH yes.

Honestly though I don't think I could get tired of Tsuzuku, he's taken some harmfully weak vocals from VanessA days (which I knew there was something I liked about at the time) and developed a very unique and entertaining arsenal of sounds, it's still hard to describe his voice as "strong" but it has kind of a delicate, vulnerable appeal to it. He uses some sensual effect similar to the moans and whines of Yuuki or Kiyoharu, but also let's his voice constantly break, giving way to piercing shrieks, fluttering vibrato and everything in between. As much as I've seen ONLY displeasure for it, I also love his growling, it has a hollow, mechanical sound at it's best.