fictioninhope

Flight Rising

So yesterday was open registration and  and I managed to convince a few of you of how awesome virtual dragons are. Yay! So glad to have some fellow MH peeps to play draggins with. Figured I'd start a thread where we can converse about how badass our lairs are etc.

**6/13/15: I removed the majority of my typed up cheat-sheet under the spoiler tag due to it becoming mroe and more irrelevant as new things are released on the site. I left a few important things but please make sure to refer to many of the linked guides for assistance as they cover a lot of things more indepth than I can. Happy dragon times to everyone~.

Feed your dragons. You can earn a gem a day after 3 days of keeping their energy over 80%(and continuing to keep it over 80% after those three days). It's super easy to do, I usually only feed my dragons two to three times a day. The lowest my dragons energy has gotten has been 96%. It pretty much takes forever for it to go down. Good rule of thumb is feed them in the morning before you leave for work and in the afternoon/evening. You could probably even get away with just feeding them in the afternoon when you get home from work. Might be something to test out.

DO NOT BUY THINGS IN THE TREASURE MARKETPLACE WITHOUT FIRST CHECKING THE AUCTION HOUSE. I made this mistake often when I first started. Would spend 10k+ on an item only to find out it was selling in the Auction House for under 1k. The Auction House, generally speaking, is your friend. Even genes are typically cheaper in the Auction House(unless it's something brand new or a gem marketplace gene). 

Exalting dragons

Exalting dragons for profit is actually a pretty great way to make treasure once you have an established lair with more than just your clan progens to breed. It's recommended to get your exalt fodder to level 7 before you send them off to serve the dragon god of your chosen element. At level 7 exalt fodder generally brings in around 10k treasure profit, occasionally they will also leave you a few gems. With exalting, you no longer have access to that dragon, so don't exalt a dragon you love/are attached to because you will never get that dragon back. Training exalt fodder is a lot easier/faster once you have at least one dragon that's level 25, two dragons at level 25 make it even easier.

Also gonna include some helpful forum threads ender and I have acquired over the past few months. Also, the Guides subset of the FR forum is great, go check it out.

New User guide ****SUPER IMPORTANT READ FIRST****
Coliseum guide #1 (This is my go to for leveling and stats for melee build!)

Coliseum guide #2 (similar to #1)

Coliseum guide #3 (offers details on two other coli builds)

BBCode guide for FR

Dragon size statistics

Color Predictor (if you plan on breeding dragons for specific colors/genes this is good to check ranges of possible offspring)

Lair Spreadsheet (a little time consuming when you have a large lair but good for keeping track of things!)

Food guide (many images are broken because of a recent forum change and hasn't been updated but still a good general guide)

Dragon size comparison (if you want a visual comparison of your dragons sizes, it's pretty amusing)

FR Nuzlocke Challenge
Hoard Autosell guide

Breeding stats card

Chest drop locations and contents

FR Abbreviation guide

Familiar Bonding guide

Elemental Flight Festivals and YOU! 

Hopefully this helps you wonderful new clans and any future clans that are created in future open registration periods! If you have any other questions, feel free to ask. I'm always willing to help. Also please let me know if any included links are broken and I'll make sure to fix the problem asap.

FR Members

beautifulcrime (fictioninhope on MH) fiction's nuzlocke blog WIP nuzlocke on hiatus

demiseandkiss (ender-ender on MH) ender's nuzlocke blog nuzlocke on hiatus

If you'd like your FR username to be included, feel free to send me a message so I can add it here. c:

Aww yiiisssss FR on MH. All my addictions together hahaha. Hopefully the new additions from yesterday will come wandering in here and obsess over pixel pets with us... >>;

Now for some sweet derg pictures because I can. :3

My prize fighter, London. <3 and some of my faves from my lair.... Frills, feathers, and fluff! XD

2agvk7b.jpgfyidt0.jpg2a6ta1z.jpg

Then my nuzlocke challenge babes. So far I only have 2 and can't get another egg for a few weeks. *sigh*

They don't get to be decked out in garb because they have to win it, and I can't just go buying it for them. u___u;

30tnw9w.jpg16gki0l.jpg

Poor London's parents both were exalted(still can't believe the person who bought his mother from me named her MissIce.. like really?), I'm super happy he survived the culling. Also still super happy to have Chiba in my lair, tho I need to keep an eye on when he's ready to breed.. I swear it said he would be ready in 9 days like.. 6 days ago. I need Chiba/Naos babies. They are gonna have such pretty babies.

More derg pics aww yiss~.

7324765_350.png?mtime=VQ7tHwACnJ410790254_350.png?mtime=VSbtWgACTpU

These are two of my babies. First one is Theodore, named after my favorite US President. He is dapper as fuck. Second is Skittles. Skittles comes with a story. I was going through the Dragon Trades forum and happened upon a "Give a Smoke, Get a Smoke" trading thread where you post and give the person above you a dragon with the smoke tertiary gene. I had posted and given the person above me a really gorgeous Snapper girl. I mean I knew the poor baby was gonna get exalted or continuously passed around(Snappers aren't a very popular breed even though they are fat and adorable) and that I was gonna get a really crappy dragon in return but I posted anyway. And then I got Skittles. Talk about one of the ugliest mirror babies I had ever seen. His colors were gross, as well as the gene combination. His colors literally looked like if you partially chew up one of each of the colors of skittles at the same time and then spit the multi-colored mass out. Bad. So I got to looking and poor Skittles was only two days old and he had already been tossed around to more lairs than was really acceptable. I decided to keep him and never let him leave my lair. Now he's getting prepared to be one of my coli dragons to be trained by my Naoto and Zero and sports a gorgeous skin from last month's Mistral Jamboree(Teddy is also wearing a Mistral Jamboree skin). Eventually I plan on spending the treasure to get him new genes(planning on bar/daub/underbelly combo).

To copy off ender, my nuzlocke team~!

11546009_350.png?mtime=VRtVGQABol811829274_350.png?mtime=VSJ5jwABeEw11824838_350.png?mtime=VR1fFgACUvo

Panda, Fox and Bengal. I really lucked out with Panda, found him in the Auction House for 9000 treasure, I think it was. He was already named and I figured I'd go for an animal name theme with my nuzlocke dergs. Panda has glasses because it's part of my clan lore/nuzlocke story that I'm working on. And it's also part of the website's lore that tundra dragons have really bad eyesight lolol.

I forgot to mention in the main post but I've got a few breeding pairs so if you guys check out my nesting grounds on occasion and see a nesting pair that you like the looks of just let me know and I'll let you have one of the pair's babies when the nest hatches. :3 The derg market is shit right now so selling dragons isn't really that great plus I'd love to continue to help you guys build your lairs. <3 I'll probably edit the main post as I think of new things to add that I've forgotten so make sure to check it every so often!

I love the name Skittles for a dragon. Like how is that not just fun every time you say it? XD

And yayyy I have a new Gen4 heir in my Legacy Challenge. But only 1 hatchling and no new genes so my points aren't as awesome as they could have been...

I know, I'm obsessed with challenges on this site. I was thinking of trying a "prettacy challenge" (a la The Sims) after this one and seeing if I can "breed out the ugly" in 10 cycles lol. 

I always miss the times when registration opens. I'll never get the chance to play this game anytime soon, lol

Last time the windows came in chains (october, november, december)... so maybe they'll do it again. You can trust we'll spam our status updates for future windows so you're bound to get a chance eventually. 

I have a feeling the next open registration is going to be in June. But don't worry Furik, we'll annoy the fuck out of you to join the dragon cult. <3

I hatched a shadow egg today that I had found during Trickmurk for my nuzlocke and got an adorable little Mirror girl that I named Grizzly to match the other's animal names and her primary color was brown shade so I thought it worked lol. Poor Panda's all outnumbered.

You and your challenges, ender! XD I'll be good to manage this nuzlocke without giving up.

Omg forever? I'm on gen4 and the dergs take like 30 days before they're RTB. And it goes 10 cycles. So we'll see if I'm actually strong enough to wait 6 months before my next challenge lol.

Updated my nuzlocke tumblr. Pentos and Nyda also have some babs and only 1 got to survive. That'll be included in the next chapter, but I was behind on introducing Ammock so...

tumblr_nndclfBGu21up8rc9o1_400.png

Also is anyone else excited for the first Flight Festival since the new reg window that starts tomorrow?! Water Flight's Wavecrest Saturnalia is gonna be a lot of fun. Festival familiars and apparel, plus flight raffles, new skins for sale in the marketplace plus chest drops in the coliseum. If anyone needs help figuring out how the festival currency works (it's separate from normal treasure and gems) just make a post or PM me (ign: demiseandkiss) and I'll be happy to explain it. 

Oh hey, new registration window on the 18th! I'll make a status about it that day, but hopefully can grab a few more members. :3

That is brilliant news! And please do! I know our kitty wouldn't mind joining in, so a registration window opening so soon already is terrific! Thank you for always delivering such great news. ;w;

I have been meaning to post in here. ._. Slowpoke.

Oh, that'd be awesome. And I'm just happy you're still enjoying the game. ^_^ Have you worked up any breeding goals or battle teams?

I need to make new breeding charts for my pairs. I'll post them in here when I do and MH members can feel free to reserve babies. Sparkly coatls for everyone! <3

Oh, that'd be awesome. And I'm just happy you're still enjoying the game. ^_^ Have you worked up any breeding goals or battle teams?

I need to make new breeding charts for my pairs. I'll post them in here when I do and MH members can feel free to reserve babies. Sparkly coatls for everyone! <3

I must thank both you and @fictioninhope for telling me about this and showing me. I doubt I would've been loving it as much as I do if it weren't for you two. <3 Breeding goals? Hmm... I remember @fictioninhope telling me something about how you two are experts in getting the exact coating/fur you want when breeding, so I'm making full use of previewing the offspring each time I do so. I've got two nests occupied at the moment, but I just paid off making more dragon room and I need to do so again to tuck all the rest in (got nine newly born ones coming up! xD).

With the battling, I've been pretty slow on that. I'm enjoying breeding at the moment, and since most of the dragons can do so now, after quite a bit of waiting, I'm going all out. XD But I know which three dragons I want to focus on in the Coliseum though, hehe. Glitter and glamour team! 8D

Awww yeah! That'd be awesome! I still have to go through both of your nuzlocke blogs, nice going on them! 

That initial wait is the worst. But it gives you enough time to learn the site before you are overrun with hatchlings lol. XD I don't know if I'd call myself an expert, but I have gotten pretty good with the scrying workshop and training/battling to get he money to buy the genes I want for my breeding projects. 

I'm curious which 3 you have chosen? You've got so many pretty dragons I can't guess! 

reg_window_may15.png

FURIK GET ON THIS SHIT SET YOUR ALARMS PUT POST-IT NOTES ALL OVER YOUR COMPUTER.

In regards to the nuzlocke blogs I am soooooo behind on working on mine. Maybe I'll get to it soon. I've been really lazy in terms of FR stuffs the last few weeks. D;

Why you pick water tho Cat. Ice is clearly where all the cool parties happen to the chill sounds of whatever music Icedad listens to with his tiny adorable ears.

ME AND @beni BE REPPIN DAT WATER SQUAD ALL DAY DOE. TURN UP!!!!

1370031419_tumblr_md3elnDVDG1rneib6o1_50

I would call them special snowflakes but wait... that's us. XD

We're just....unfrozen snowflakes :o