fictioninhope

Flight Rising

I'm dying because I'm going to be out of town! D; Hopefully my mobile will let me coli grind a while. ;__;

And that one submission "beast of blood and bone" had "Beast of Blood" already starting in my head so I kinda wanna get that one just to have an MM dragon now lol. I liked more of the full skins this time around than accents, which is not usual for me. So it should be interesting to see what gets approved. 

EDIT:

Also I just found this and I can't stop laughing. XD

^^ I agree, those poor people should be compensated for that. I can't even imagine the frustration they feel.

Uggghhhhhh really disappointed in the Riot of Rot skins. D; I only like... one of them? Two if I squint.

I'm gonna try to get all of the accents, even though I am on the fence about them. I feel like maybe with the right dragons I'll like them more later... i dunno. 

How are you feeling about poison/toxin? 

Based solely on the examples they gave and the monstrosities i've seen in some fb groups, I don't like poison/toxin at all. Gonna play around in the workshop before I make any final judgements tho. I got a long way til lvl 11 alchemy anyway. XD

I only like a few colors with it so far, but with the expanded color wheel coming, might get a few more. I never mess with baldwin, but I probably should start. Even if I don't like them much probably could sell some.

I thought this was hilarious. Someone posted this in the FR facebook group. I don't wanna screen cap since it's a closed group but I'll steal it. X"D

when you get your friends into FR

tumblr_inline_n69c7hBlSo1qkd73z.jpg

and then someone replied with:

When they play for like a month and then get bored and stop

tumblr_nz0ust0rn61rfey86o1_400.jpg

So the big holiday event for NOTN has been going for a couple of days now...

non_banner.png

How is everyone doing? I've managed to grab a breed change scroll and one nocturne egg (as well as a ton of familiars), They changed the way chests drop from last year and I'm not very excited about it. Though, last year all I wanted was a scroll and I got like 5-6 eggs. So I guess I can't complain too much. X"D

Seriously, if anyone needs an Unlikely Alliance, Wooden Marionette, Painted Marionette, Living Sculpture, or Ensorcelled Volume I'll give you the FR friends discount on them. Also if you're looking for any of the bears or something let me know because I have bunches leftover from the festivals and could use to get rid of some. lol

I want to log back in but I'm scared seeing all my babies hungry. :'> Worst time to have become inactive on it wow, how did the holiday event go for everyone?

It upsets me to see the babies I gave you guys all starving and shit. D; So heartless...

I've gotten like 10 of the same item and I'm wanting to punch things but other than that the event has been a good one with less hiccups than last year's NotN. So that's a plus, even if the drop rates of the chests are dismal. Part of me would rather get a couple butt rocks in my chests if it meant more dropped.

With NotN coming to an end, I must say I'm surprised to (still) see so much criticism in the NotN announcement thread.

Seems to me everyone's just jumping on the bandwagon and saying "there's too much coli grinding involved for this event" but falls short of offering any sort of realistic alternative. Well we can instead distribute eggs and scrolls to everyone on the site--that will be trivially easy for the staff to do, but I'm sure people will then move on to bitch about how the value of rare items are being forcibly depressed, etc. We could also raise gathering rates dramatically, yet that's no different from the scenario of equitable distribution with some minor random deviations.

Obviously there are improvements that can be considered for future installations of the event, but as things stand there's a reasonable chance of getting eggs over the course of the event if you grind for e.g. 30 minutes a day. I don't happen to believe the few people on the thread claiming that they couldn't get a single chest to drop in over 10 hours of grinding. They've got to be either grinding in an extremely ineffective/unoptimized manner, which is no fault of the staff, or it's a blatant lie.

Of course there's the other gripe about the event being increasingly outmoded. That I'm more sympathetic to.

Btw if anyone needs any of the NotN apparels or familiars, let me know! I have pages of spares lol.

I stay out of the posts cause i don't wanna see people complaining about shit with zero suggestions to make things better lol. Glad you could participate in the event, hiroki! ;u;

Also, 3-day registration window???? What even? o:

jan_2016_reg.png

WOW I can't believe I missed so much activity in this thread! D;

I want to log back in but I'm scared seeing all my babies hungry. :'> Worst time to have become inactive on it wow, how did the holiday event go for everyone?

I have tons of extra food if you come back and need to feed your dragons so don't be afraid! <3 The holiday was okay for me. A lot different from last year but I guess I'll get used to it. At least I was able to get pretty much 1 of everything.

With NotN coming to an end, I must say I'm surprised to (still) see so much criticism in the NotN announcement thread.

Seems to me everyone's just jumping on the bandwagon and saying "there's too much coli grinding involved for this event" but falls short of offering any sort of realistic alternative. Well we can instead distribute eggs and scrolls to everyone on the site--that will be trivially easy for the staff to do, but I'm sure people will then move on to bitch about how the value of rare items are being forcibly depressed, etc. We could also raise gathering rates dramatically, yet that's no different from the scenario of equitable distribution with some minor random deviations.

Obviously there are improvements that can be considered for future installations of the event, but as things stand there's a reasonable chance of getting eggs over the course of the event if you grind for e.g. 30 minutes a day. I don't happen to believe the few people on the thread claiming that they couldn't get a single chest to drop in over 10 hours of grinding. They've got to be either grinding in an extremely ineffective/unoptimized manner, which is no fault of the staff, or it's a blatant lie.

Of course there's the other gripe about the event being increasingly outmoded. That I'm more sympathetic to.

Btw if anyone needs any of the NotN apparels or familiars, let me know! I have pages of spares lol.

They will always complain. I have been rather upset with the drop rates for a while, but I still managed to get at least 1 of everything from the event (and many multiples of some) so all-in-all it went pretty well for me. The "too coli dependent" argument has been going on for every single event as long as I can remember since I joined. As far as I'm concerned... it's a game. You have to play it. They made chests available through Swipp and Baldwin this year so you didn't have to depend solely on the coliseum, as well as the usual addition of chances to find them during scavenging. I'm not sure what to say about the outmoded complaints. The site isn't exactly high-tech in the first place.

I stay out of the posts cause i don't wanna see people complaining about shit with zero suggestions to make things better lol. Glad you could participate in the event, hiroki! ;u;

Also, 3-day registration window???? What even? o:

jan_2016_reg.png

I guess since NotN went so well and they changed over that server hardware they feel confident that we can handle a load more people. Which works for me, I have a bunch of stuff to sell from the event lol. I'm waiting to see if by next year we're in totally open registration mode. It's gotta be in the works sooner or later.