Sign in to follow this  
shinobu.

[Lyrics] ザアザア-xaa xaa- / コワイクライ (kowai cry) [song]

Here are the lyrics to ザアザア-xaa xaa- song, "コワイクライ (kowai kurai)".

I'm also working on the lyrics to the rest of the mini album. 

You can find those here at my lyrics website.

コワイクライ

作詞: 一葵

作曲: 零夜

コワイクライ

コワイコワイ 寂しくて

クライクライ 悲しくて

コワイコワイ 今すぐに

クライクライ その身体 さあ

コワイコワイ 愛しくて

クライクライ 嬉しくて

コワイコワイ 君だけは

クライクライ 僕のもの

二人だけの部屋

混じり気のない

さよなら孤独よ

ずっと幸せ

少し痛いけど

楽にしててね

すぐに終わるから

待っててね

君を誰にも触れさせない

きっと嬉しくて泣いてるんだね

君をこのまま縛っておきたい

愛してるコワイクライ

コワイコワイ どこ行った

クライクライ 見えないよ

コワイコワイ 独りきり

クライクライ 捜すんだ

君の居ない部屋

混ざることない

さよなら嫌だよ

苦しくなった

もう許さないよ

なにがしたいの

楽になれるんだ

そうだよ

君を何処にも行かせない

外は嫌なこと溢れてるから

必要なの僕と君だけって

分かるでしょコワイクライ

分かるでしょコワイクライに

一つ 手を縛る

二つ 脚を縛る

三つ 目を塞ぐ

これで 僕のもの

やっと見つけた君のこと

叫んでるのは愛の証だね

痛みはすぐに消えていくけどね

悲しみは消えないんだ

コワイクライ

君を誰にも触れさせない

きっと嬉しくて泣いてるんだね

君をこのまま縛っておきたい

愛してるコワイクライ

コワイクライ 分かってよ

コワイクライ この想い

コワイクライ 愛してる

コワイクライ ずっと一緒だよ

コワイクライ

kowai kurai

Lyrics: Kazuki

Music: Reiya

kowai kurai

kowai kowai sabishikute

kurai kurai kanashikute

kowai kowai ima sugu ni

kurai kurai sono karada saa

kowai kowai itoshikute

kurai kurai ureshikute

kowai kowai kimi dake wa

kurai kurai boku no mono

futari dake no heya

majirike no nai

sayonara kodoku yo

zutto shiawase

sukoshi itai kedo

raku ni shitete ne

sugu ni owaru kara

mattete ne

kimi wo dare ni mo furesasenai

kitto ureshikute naiteru n da ne

kimi wo kono mama shibatte okitai

aishiteru kowai kurai

kowai kowai doko itta

kurai kurai mienai yo

kowai kowai hitorikiri

kurai kurai sagasu n da

kimi no inai heya

mazaru koto nai

sayonara iya da yo

kurushikunatta

mou yurusanai yo

nani ga shitai no

raku ni nareru n da

sou da yo

kimi wo doko ni mo ikasenai

soto wa iya na koto afureteru kara

hitsuyou na no boku to kimi dake tte

wakaru desho kowai kurai

wakaru desho kowai kurai ni

hitotsu te wo shibaru

futatsu ashi wo shibaru

mittsu me wo fusagu

kore de boku no mono

yatto mitsuketa kimi no koto

sakenderu no wa ai no akashi da ne

itami wa sugu ni kiete iku kedo ne

kanashimi wa kienai n da

kowai kurai

kimi wo dare ni mo furesasenai

kitto ureshikute naiteru n da ne

kimi wo kono mama shibatte okitai

aishiteru kowai kurai

kowai kurai wakatte yo

kowai kurai kono omoi

kowai kurai aishiteru

kowai kurai zutto issho da yo

kowai kurai

Nice! I've actually been working through their lyrics too on tumblr here :D

I have lyrics for kowai kurai; tsumetai; komoriutausotsuki; oshiete sensei; kanden, kega no osore ga arimasu; and na mo naki sora e.

All have kanji + romaji and most have quick English translations too.

I've been planning on getting to lyrics for the last two songs on kowai kurai but I've been lazy, lol

na mo naki sora e didn't come with a pamphlet when we received it at the first oneman, so after a while I asked Kazuki to put up the lyrics on his blog; he did, so the kanji lyrics are just copied and pasted from him.

Anyway, I know the artwork on their page is saved as kowaicry.jpg but the way they treat the word has always seemed like 暗い to me + they're known for typos/overlooking things--for example, roji's kanji was written wrong everywhere at first and they also copy+pasted the ticket info for the 1st oneman when announcing the info for their sponsored event... Speaking of, the event they'll sponsor to honor the release is called 『コワスギルクラスギル』 which also hints at it actually being 暗い and not cry. Thoughts? 

Anyway, I know the artwork on their page is saved as kowaicry.jpg but the way they treat the word has always seemed like 暗い to me + they're known for typos/overlooking things--for example, roji's kanji was written wrong everywhere at first and they also copy+pasted the ticket info for the 1st oneman when announcing the info for their sponsored event... Speaking of, the event they'll sponsor to honor the release is called 『コワスギルクラスギル』 which also hints at it actually being 暗い and not cry. Thoughts?

that's interesting! i think it can mean both? like.. "terrifying cry" or in the sense of (here i imagine someone shuddering in the corner of a dark room) "it's scary... it's dark.." :P

i suspect the reason they rendered the title into katakana is to preserve its ambiguity and potential for double entendre. it's actually pretty common in a lot of titles, e.g. シド's 夏恋 which is literally translated into "summer love" but refers also to the homophonic adjective "懐こい". there are a lot of other examples one could find.

Ya, it could be "kurai" as in 'dark' and not "cry". I was uncertain about this too :/ kinda think it might be a play on words and may have a double meaning. But with the title of that event being "kurasugiru" they could just be meaning 'dark'.

that's interesting! i think it can mean both? like.. "terrifying cry" or in the sense of (here i imagine someone shuddering in the corner of a dark room) "it's scary... it's dark.."  :P

i suspect the reason they render the title into katakana is to preserve this ambiguity and potential for double entendre. it's actually pretty common in a lot of titles, e.g. シド's 夏恋 where it can mean both "summer love" and is a reference to the homophonic adjective "懐こい". there are a lot of other examples one could find.

Yeah, one thought was that: I was wondering if it was that left ambiguous too. I mentioned that option somewhere else a while ago, probably on my personal tumblr, idk. 

Also, the line 愛してるコワイクライ also seems like it could be like "I love you, to a scary extent"; especially when listening to the song to me.

Anyway I think you might be right that it's left ambiguous (except with the sponsored live's title).. 

And that's why I probably won't translate it, anyway. 

And also why I choose to write the romaji as kowai kurai because it can still be "cry" or "dark" for the english but when it's written as cry it erases the dark meaning, which I feel like they wanted included. 

Ya, it could be "kurai" as in 'dark' and not "cry". I was uncertain about this too :/ kinda think it might be a play on words and may have a double meaning. But with the title of that event being "kurasugiru" they could just be meaning 'dark'.

yeah, I lean more towards it being dark but I understand where the uncertainty comes from. Like I said, that's why I just choose to write it as kurai in romaji anyway..

And that's why I probably won't translate it, anyway. 

lol this so much. i'm ridiculously OCD when it comes to translating and... it just doesn't do justice to good vk lyrics (or any other lyrics for that matter). the last time someone asked me to translate something i gave him 1 page of translated lyrics with 4 pages of footnotes appended. orz (needless to say, he never asked me again)

lol this so much. i'm ridiculously OCD when it comes to translating and... it just doesn't do justice to good vk lyrics (or any other lyrics for that matter). the last time someone asked me to translate something i gave him 1 page of translated lyrics with 4 pages of footnotes appended. orz (needless to say, he never asked me again)

ahahahah

I'll admit: my translations for XAA-XAA are pretty quick. They go more for meaning and sounding natural in English than direct word for word translation (if I did that I'd bang my head against the wall. Kazuki is so easy to understand but his word choice can be such a pain to put in English) or trying to make it fit the song. I've been sitting on a translation of komoriuta for weeks but there's like a couple parts in it that I'm not ~entirely satisfied with~~ so I haven't published it yet, lol 

one part is

"飛び散る赤い残像

冷たい金の鳴く声
白いカーテンを真っ黒に染めて"
like everything is perfectly understandable but the gold voice part... can we not......

ahahahah

I'll admit: my translations for XAA-XAA are pretty quick. They go more for meaning and sounding natural in English than direct word for word translation (if I did that I'd bang my head against the wall. Kazuki is so easy to understand but his word choice can be such a pain to put in English) or trying to make it fit the song. I've been sitting on a translation of komoriuta for weeks but there's like a couple parts in it that I'm not ~entirely satisfied with~~ so I haven't published it yet, lol 

one part is

"飛び散る赤い残像

冷たい金の鳴く声
白いカーテンを真っ黒に染めて"
like everything is perfectly understandable but the gold voice part... can we not......

LOL.

tbh one recurring source of annoyance everytime i translate any kind of japanese lyrics is this: they have a tendency to aggregate a series of images (sometimes related, sometimes not) together without really explicating the connection between them. and so if anyone tries to render it into English, it'll become something like "a summer. a road with no one. our hands. etc." which means nothing meaningful whatsoever, even if it's kinda nuanced/poetic in the original japanese.

as for that lyrics you pasted.. my first impression was that it's a scene of murder of some sort? (i checked the full lyrics and there's indeed a line about 握るナイフ). so i take that line there to be cold/lifeless money that's crying out (interesting personification though, lol) in the aftermath of the crime. sadly there's probably no objective way of translating this without imposing some kind of interpretation on it ._. good luck~

LOL.

tbh one recurring source of annoyance everytime i translate any kind of japanese lyrics is this: they have a tendency to aggregate a series of images (sometimes related, sometimes not) together without really explicating the connection between them. and so if anyone tries to render it into English, it'll become something like "a summer. a road with no one. our hands. etc." which means nothing meaningful whatsoever, even if it's kinda nuanced/poetic in the original japanese.

as for that lyrics you pasted.. my first impression was that it's a scene of murder of some sort? (i checked the full lyrics and there's indeed a line about 握るナイフ). so i take that line there to be cold/lifeless money that's crying out (interesting personification though, lol) in the aftermath of the crime. sadly there's probably no objective way of translating this without imposing some kind of interpretation on it ._. good luck~

that's EXACTLY how tsumetai is. lololol 

Yep, the song is about revenge murder. 
"憎しみ 痛み 悲しみ
僕に与えてきたもの
全て感じたら
眠らせてあげる" 
like dang kazuki chill out.

Interesting take though! But actually I don't take it as money itself. The whole stanza is full of color references: red afterimage, white curtains, stained black. So, I think he's saying that the person's "cold voice that will call out" is gold (or calls out) but it just sounds weird to me. probably because he gave a voice a color.  cold gold voice that will call out? idk i keep getting annoyed with this line again an editing this post repeatedly lol

And of course "そんな妄想を膨らます" just putting the phrasing right for that one is somehow driving me insane. I keep straying pretty far from 膨らます and then getting annoyed with myself.

that's EXACTLY how tsumetai is. lololol 

Yep, the song is about revenge murder. 
"憎しみ 痛み 悲しみ
僕に与えてきたもの
全て感じたら
眠らせてあげる" 
like dang kazuki chill out.

Interesting take though! But actually I don't take it as money itself. The whole stanza is full of color references: red afterimage, white curtains, stained black. So, I think he's saying that the person's "cold voice that will call out" is gold (or calls out) but it just sounds weird to me. probably because he gave a voice a color.  cold gold voice that will call out? idk i keep getting annoyed with this line again an editing this post repeatedly lol

And of course "そんな妄想を膨らます" just putting the phrasing right for that one is somehow driving me insane. I keep straying pretty far from 膨らます and then getting annoyed with myself.

yeah kazuki needs to chill >_< i still love him though :3

anyway i suggested money also because kazuki sings 'tsumetai kana no naku koe' - 'kana' instead of 'kin', in which case the word boundaries seem more likely to be  "(冷たい金)の(鳴く声)" than "(冷たい(金の鳴く声))" XD i'm still not 100% sure how it all fits together though, and i could be wrong. i agree with you that there's something to be said of the color references as well. as for the 膨らます it's rather metaphorical so i probably wouldn't worry too much about not capturing the literal sense of 'expansion' (so maybe.. "make that delusion grander" or something might suffice? *shrug*)

maybe we can carry on this conversation over PM or email if you'd like.. i'm not sure if this is getting too off-topic (sorry shinobu.. x.x)

@anakuro, ya thanks for your insight! On my website I just changed it to "kurai". Best to keep it that way probably. I'll edit this post the chance I can get onto my computer.

Man, this is why I don't share any translations or translate often. Japanese is beautiful yet complex.

BTW I have all the lyrics up on my site except for "Dokusou orchestra". Will have that up soon too!!

@anakuro, ya thanks for your insight! On my website I just changed it to "kurai". Best to keep it that way probably. I'll edit this post the chance I can get onto my computer.

Man, this is why I don't share any translations or translate often. Japanese is beautiful yet complex.

BTW I have all the lyrics up on my site except for "Dokusou orchestra". Will have that up soon too!!

no problem! It's something I've been wondering about ever since I saw someone wrote kowai cry the first time (it hadn't occurred to me until then). So it was nice to discuss it :)

Yeah, it's why I don't translate more complicated things that often. XAA-XAA is generally okay but sometimes Kazuki is...too ambiguous, lol.

Oh awesome :D You're quick! You got it the other day, right?

I've been busy and/or lazy so I haven't had time or energy to get to writing up the lyrics since my last update on my tumblr. 

Ya, I got my copy last week in the mail. It's a hobby of mine, so I can get done quickly if I put in the effort and time LOL & ya, understandable. Life gets in the way!

I got mine a little bit before seeing them on the 7th... which was good since they played 3 of the songs, so I had some idea of how they went lol..

nice! You're way quicker than me. But then again, it's not really a hobby of mine to be honest. When I got usotsuki I just for some reason decided to write up their lyrics and translate them from then on.

Btw have you written down the other stuff that's in the booklet? The handwritten stuff? If you ever look at the setlists and see -朗読- that's what that it is, actually. I've been contemplating typing it up too...but I figured I'd type up the lyrics (+ translate) first before getting to the 朗読 stuff

Sign in to follow this