Sign in to follow this  
Takadanobabaalien

DISREIGN (YOHIO) 1st single UNTIL THE FADE

Please refrain from insulting people. Not only is that a poor way to argue your point, but it's a quick way to get banned as well.

Swed-Kei/EU VK is only a thing because those guys figured how easy it was to get a following of fans because they use VK imagery. Musician ship often comes second to them. A lot of the stuff is just bad to listen to or is highly repetitive. However, a lot of the fans who clearly dunno better will eat it up simply because of how cool they look. YOHIO is no exception to this. 

Yeah, and the internet should only be used for military purposes, which is where it came from and not for you to express your ignorant bullshit, right ?

VK fans are almost always so narrow minded. You disgust me. When will you guys notice that if there's no VK scene outside of Japan you won't have access to merch, gigs and bands will keep disbanding, getting shitty production and doing low quality stuff and all that stuff y'all whine about all the time ? What's the problem with gaijins doing VK ? Japan didn't invent glam and yet still you're all here thirsting on japanese trannys. Weebs are always like this. You think Japan is the most advanced placed on Earth and everytime people try to actually spread their culture you say this xenophobic shit, like, only Japan can do animation, cosplaying or VK. These are all copies of western stuff. Japan didn't invent shit, so it shouldn't be limited to Japan only. Get over it. It's because of people like you that the scene doesn't grow. Stop whinning and support the fuck out of western bands. You think this one sucks ? Ok, but there are in fact good non-japanese bands. And most of the shit you listen to is ripped off of western bands. Support non-jap VK or the scene will die,

Sorry for keeping this going but I just felt like I had to add something to this. As a swede, having to endure the "success" of yohio who's also a swede...in sweden -.-' I just want to add that the majority of his fans, here, are people who don't care for japanese vk or vk at all for that matter, they like him and whatever he does (and the other members of his former band seremedy), so I don't see how supporting them is supporting the japanese VK scene... I went to a live gig for a japanese act, and the band to play before was the vocalist of seremedy's new band, and most of the people who attended just wanted to see that, they didn't care at all for the japanese band (I felt so bad for them, I almost felt like telling them I'm sorry for them at the signing afterwards), so this new gaijin VK is like it's own genre it seems. I can't really say how it is overseas, because I get the feeling most who likes Yohio etc likes japanese vk too?

Great and accurate observations from the two people above.

I have taken note of this myself; both that these bands get instant, albeit not particularly sizeable fanbases upon formation without even having released music or even previous band history of the members. If one goes to the facebook pages of these bands you are quick to find out that these are not the people that for example frequent this very forum here, but instead they're almost their own strange breed that is relatively distant from all the happenings in Japanese visual kei. It is true that there are people who cross over and are more in the know, however they remain a minority in a very odd community where even the more universal bands like X and Gazette make far seldom make appearances in their tastes as of those of the people here. The fans present on the social media pages of these nordic groups are moar likely to be into various emo bollocks than whatever just made it into the indie Oricon charts last week. in Tumblr I have not once seen people spamming material from both continents, ever. 

Yet despite all this, these bands appear and disappear very fast making very little impact spite inexplicably amassing a considerable amount of facebook likes and youtube views. The fact of the matter is that these bands are the shite playing at the youth center near you and they fail to capitalise on their dubious popularity of a mysterious origin, and end up meeting the same fate that by and large every other "local" band does. The future of visual kei, is not Stockholm nor Helsinki, not the least because here we lack a certain VISUAL KEI infrastructure that allows many bands to last longer and gain more monertary capital backing them that exists in Japan. Being familiar with the circles here, I can say with total confidence that these bands exist almost completely separate of "us", and the weeaboo of the mid 2000's fad are a dying breed, sentenced to death with no possibility to make an appeal, and this is the carcass of the local scene taking its last breaths before it rots away on the pavement. If one of these bands takes off, Japanese visual kei doesn't benefit from it the slightest. Yohio is popular as fuck in Sweden, but where are the Japanese bands touring there? The record sales? Nowhere, that's where. 

It's worth noting that Yohio is the only western visual kei band to have ever had a physical release and we all know that was not because we worked his way up the ranks, gathering an organically grown fanbase along the way. He got into Eurovision and broke through with the kids, now working to establish himself there through various different projects.

He obviously flopped in Japan since he has pretty much completely ceased to promote there, has he not? His first solo LP got a release there but the second didn't as far as I know. I would have done the same, and it appears that he has managed to make himself a name in Sweden which is commendable. As a side note according to hear-say this project is the result of him not particularly caring for the fact that his fanbase is at least 3 years short of their first pubic hairs, and therefore this is him really expressing himself without giving a toss, if you will. 

lol silkhime remember when you said kpoop was shit and then two months later you were suddenly a fan, very invariant of you

Only 12 year olds like Yohio in Sweden anyway, I guess it's why Kebinu has to make his relatives bribe the record execs in nippon so he can get some older things that are actually legal to pork

lol silkhime remember when you said kpoop was shit and then two months later you were suddenly a fan, very invariant of you

Only 12 year olds like Yohio in Sweden anyway, I guess it's why Kebinu has to make his relatives bribe the record execs in nippon so he can get some older things that are actually legal to pork

May I ask what that has to do with this? XD and also I have no recollection of saying I'm a fan of Kpop...I do like 1 or 2 songs though, but that's not what I call a fan...still think Kpop is kind of shit...

(sorry for going off topic, I was just curious about the above)

Did Yohio get some kind of plastic surgery by the way? He's just too pretty and looks very Japanese to me. 

no a lot of nordic ppl are quite pretty

he wouldn't be able to afford it anyway

r u blind

besides he just caked on more meiku than usual he's still ugly as a bat's arse

bruh he's a pretty man either way u wanna look at it

he's not attractive but he sure is pretty

Still, I would like to steal his face. I look like shit with makeup on.

i think we can all agree with this post.

It's horrible to insult someone based on their looks, and it is absolutely not tolerated here in Monochrome Heaven. Any kind of bullying is extremely forbidden.

bruh he's a pretty man either way u wanna look at it

he's not attractive but he sure is pretty

lol if you think so, k, i can't help if you need spectacles

If only western Visual kei bands not only replicated the looks but also the music. I am an old school VK fan and I would love it is western VK band sounded more old school, something like, the old Dir en grey, KEY PARY band, etc.

If a western VK band came up with a song in this style...

Depends on what you mean... his fanbase was mainly 10-15 year olds in the first place and those aren't really a good fanbase (kids change their mind all the time). They write about him sometimes in papers, if he'll participate in talkshows or something like that but not really that much. The latest thing I saw was an ad on the train showing he'd play the prince in a play of Snow white...then later I saw it was some other guy so maybe he dropped out.

My opinion on this is something that I hope might help people think differently than just "Everyone hate's Yohio because he's this or that" 

There is a difference between taking someone else's work and creating a song or piece of music that is inspired by said artist and re purposing someone else's creation and using it to show your talent, if you truly create something by re purposing someone else's work and show YOUR talent and abilities then it's okay and people can respect that, they can understand that you are an artist who was just inspired by someone else.

Yohio doesn't ever seem to do this though, he is the other half which is using someone else's style or using a style that is well known and thought of as a certain group, sure The Gazette did NOT create that style but they have OWNED it, when I hear a song that has a certain sound to it I will say "Oh that sound's like this band or that band" If a band owns a style and the said sound becomes associated by them then that's how it is and Yohio know's that. He know's that everyone think's this sound's like a copy. If the talent doesn't show through and the amount of work doesn't shine through then can you really blame people for not enjoying nor respecting the artist? 

I love Visual Kei, I love Japanese music in general and I would never dislike an artist because of his or her skin color and nationality, I myself am a White guy from America who love's singing and is moving to Japan to become a musician there, so it wouldn't make sense to judge Yohio based on his skin color, it's his lack of creativity and work he put's into these song's that make me dis like him. He didn't have to work hard at all compared to the amount of work an average person put's into something they love. I don't dis like him because of anything other than his work he has done and credit he has taken. That's all and I hope my opinion help's shed some light on something for someone!

Also let's not bully each other, just support each other!

If only western Visual kei bands not only replicated the looks but also the music. I am an old school VK fan and I would love it is western VK band sounded more old school, something like, the old Dir en grey, KEY PARY band, etc.

If a western VK band came up with a song in this style...

I guess you know how I miss that time too.

Sign in to follow this