togz

Stuff by Togz or something.

Need more! XD

I'll give some legit comments when I have more time, but I think the shots you posted certainly look promising!

4 hours ago, Ito said:

Need more! XD

I'll give some legit comments when I have more time, but I think the shots you posted certainly look promising!

I'm really really trying and it's one of those things where I did a lot of editing and goofing around to find out what certain things did before I seriously sat down and said I want to shoot this and I want the result to be this.... Both of the images on that page are not exactly how I wanted them but I feel like it's like that for most artsy things... but i still haven't found MY STYLE. But I wanted to start posting so I could have something to look back on later and compare my work to.

13713513_142601559500696_211719195_n.jpg

13734542_142612136166305_1337260986_n.jp

I'm no Ito or something... but I did my first real concert and it happened to be WagakkiBand... so I got lucky.

They still need a lot of work... but i'd say it's pretty alright for my first time ;___;

38 minutes ago, Ito said:

I'm jealous! I would love to shoot Wagakki.

Needs more Yuko lol

I have some of Yuko as well... I took probably to many photos... and my ISO was way too high :'[

woohoo that grain. The venue was so dark and small I felt scared to turn it down lower. I tried to stay at least under 5000 

But I think I'll be doing more photo work at PMX so hopefully they'll have a music guest this year. 

I'd like to shoot Wagakki again to redeem myself but like... meh you know... 

it was a fun first time though.

Like I've done local places where friends have played and what not.... but never a show like this... so it was a big deal to me. ;___;

Very well done!

Live photography is quite challenging as opposed to most other types of photography there are just so many things out of your control.

for your first time doing live photography its promosing

Edited by Suuu

1 hour ago, Suuu said:

Very well done!

Live photography is quite challenging as opposed to most other types of photography there are just so many things out of your control.

for your first time doing live photography its promosing

wow i super appreciate this post. It was really tricky. It's amazing how once photos are finished, the audience that views them can't really tell the struggle behind trying to get shots. I was constantly re positioning myself and twisting myself in weird angles to try and stay out of other photographers way but also to avoid getting certain things in my shot all while still trying to get that ideal shot. 

Again to be safe I cranked my iso up and forgot to turn it down. I was so caught up in staying active that i didn't have time to look down to fix it... and that's my fault for not familiarizing myself enough with where everything is place so I can change it with out looking.

I'm hoping to have another opportunity like this sometime soon.

1 minute ago, togz said:

wow i super appreciate this post. It was really tricky. It's amazing how once photos are finished, the audience that views them can't really tell the struggle behind trying to get shots. I was constantly re positioning myself and twisting myself in weird angles to try and stay out of other photographers way but also to avoid getting certain things in my shot all while still trying to get that ideal shot. 

Again to be safe I cranked my iso up and forgot to turn it down. I was so caught up in staying active that i didn't have time to look down to fix it... and that's my fault for not familiarizing myself enough with where everything is place so I can change it with out looking.

I'm hoping to have another opportunity like this sometime soon.

Don't worry about it too much!
it takes time to kinda get into the swing of things, I have officially been doing live photography for a little over a year now and I am still constantly changing and adjusting the way I have my settings and the way I work (I am still just a amateur though).
like everything else, its all about growing and learning.

along with the issues you listed, another real issue with live photography is trying to not interrupt the fans who have paid good money to attend the live.

and lets be honest, lighting can make or break everything, and on top of that their are also some muscians who are just not used to being photographed which also adds to the challange!

good luck, I am looking forward to seeing more of your work in the future.

4 hours ago, Suuu said:

Don't worry about it too much!
it takes time to kinda get into the swing of things, I have officially been doing live photography for a little over a year now and I am still constantly changing and adjusting the way I have my settings and the way I work (I am still just a amateur though).
like everything else, its all about growing and learning.

along with the issues you listed, another real issue with live photography is trying to not interrupt the fans who have paid good money to attend the live.

and lets be honest, lighting can make or break everything, and on top of that their are also some muscians who are just not used to being photographed which also adds to the challange!

good luck, I am looking forward to seeing more of your work in the future.

OMG yeah! the fans to. There's so much going on. But the challenge itself was so much fun. And Machiya really liked being photographed or something because he kept coming over to me and like doing cute thing. I have one of him doing a thumbs up that I haven't had the chance to edit just yet. He was a lot of fun to photograph. Asa was actually... pretty difficult because of the way he stands. His hair haides his face and he always has his face turned away from the crowd. I was lucky enough to get him looking around occasionally. Wasabi, Kiyoshi, and Kurona were nearly impossible to get with the equipment I had and the actual stage set up. They were so far back but the stage wasn't very wide so the members in front covered them all too often.

;Thank you so much for your words of encouragement and it makes me so excited to do more now that i know someone is looking forward to it!!

I'll do my best!

EDIT: some Yuko for @Ito

13735439_142601449500707_489921645_n.jpg

13705191_142601482834037_58980244_n.jpg?

13714340_142601502834035_205410524_n.jpg

These are low quality ps.

lol 

Edited by togz

28 minutes ago, togz said:

OMG yeah! the fans to. There's so much going on. But the challenge itself was so much fun. And Machiya really liked being photographed or something because he kept coming over to me and like doing cute thing. I have one of him doing a thumbs up that I haven't had the chance to edit just yet. He was a lot of fun to photograph. Asa was actually... pretty difficult because of the way he stands. His hair haides his face and he always has his face turned away from the crowd. I was lucky enough to get him looking around occasionally. Wasabi, Kiyoshi, and Kurona were nearly impossible to get with the equipment I had and the actual stage set up. They were so far back but the stage wasn't very wide so the members in front covered them all too often.

;Thank you so much for your words of encouragement and it makes me so excited to do more now that i know someone is looking forward to it!!

The subject of your photography can make a huge impact too.
you will get some people who will seem like they naturally know what to do and will act up for the camera, but then you will get people that have no idea and are constantly looking away.

but that improves over time.

where I am lucky in my situation, with the bands I photograph frequently, they have gotten use to me being there for photography so they are always aware of me and my camera, and also I am so used to them and they way the perform that I know their angles, ques, etc.

if you don't mind me asking, what program do you use for processing?

The images I've been posting here have been lower quality uploads to Facebook since the high quality ones will be posted later on the website I shot for. 

I use lightroom !

I met up with some friends like 2 months ago and dressed one of them up in like the only two black moral items i own and did these impromptu shots between 4-6 am at Seattle Center LOOOOOOOOOL

tumblr_od3tucPUOd1unn4k5o2_1280.jpg

tumblr_od3tucPUOd1unn4k5o6_1280.jpg

Edited by togz

it's been a while, and unfortunately my external hd messed up and I lost ALL of my photography.... but it encouraged me to start over in a new angle.... so this was a recent impulsive shoot I did last night....

I was in Japan recently... and despite taking my camera with me.... I didn't really take many photos as a lot of things did not go according to plan. But I did a shoot with one of my friends. We were walking around Shibuya and came across this tunnel which we soon realized was from Survive Said the Prophet's Tierra MV, we took photos in other locations too. but

I was able to do event photography for Sakura Con and here are some of the shots I got of Okamoto’s!!!

@Itodid I do a good? 

Edited by togz

Photography is still going for me, but recently I took up water coloring.... by recently I mean yesterday. 

This was meant to be Taehyung from BTS, some kind friends said they knew right away it was him... but to me he turned out looking like a blue haired sad guy.