Sign in to follow this  
LIDL

-OZ-: Rogue (Review)

**I also have to agree that BIRTHDAY is probably one of the more epic intros I've heard.

THIS.

this²

altogether cool album with some really cool tracks. for the moment seriously hooked on reborn... ep(ic)ileptic drums :P

I like it, it's better than what I expected.

lol, it reminded me a bit of DELUHI's Yggdalive.

Epic intro.

However, the difference between the two albums is that -OZ- didn't completely disappoint after that epic intro.

I didn't expect the album to be hardc0re, so it did live up to my expectations. It's good.

Birthday - first time I'm reviewing an intro b/c it deserves it! Truly amazing! Bizarre, hard, and definitely gets me pumped up for the rest of the album. 5/5

Rotate - The chorus kind of reminds of when "Another Reign" when the chorus picks up. I wasn't too impressed with this song. I was however amazed that they put in a solo for this song. It through me off guard. Decent. 3/5

Lead - Don't know why, but I don't like his singing in the chorus nor do I like the chorus in general. This song is decent overall. I feel like I've heard this style from them though so I'm not too impressed. Nothing really stands out. 3/5

flood beads - Sick guitar riff. Sick bass. Sick song overall. This is the impressive song I was waiting for. They managed to do a heavy song without speeding it up to a fast tempo. This is more emotional instead of catchy and I love it. 4/5

pressed flower - Like the remake. Sounds refined, but this song still is just plain to me. 3/5

Reborn - I swear I've heard a song like this before, but not from them so this is a good experiment for them once again. I'm really getting sick of these interchangable(?) poppy chorus lines though. 3/5

Plant - I zone out in this song. It's just not my type. Too much repetitive lyrics and I don't like the singing too much either. This is an experiment I don't think worked too well. 2.5

Bitter&Sweet - oh! I like those verses! Though the main riff of the song isn't anything I care for. The chorus is poppy again. It's ok.

Strings - More poppy chorus...but his voice sounds really great during it. Love the piano in this. It works really well to boost the energy of the song. Guitar playing is fuckin' amazing in this. 4/5

Rain Delay - still don't like this song, but I appreciate the effort. 2/5

Seventh Tier - My favorite track despite the overall all similar sounding pop that they've been putting out. I think this is by the far the best of that style. It's perfect in every way. 5/5

THRUST - awkward guitar riff. It's like a jazzy hardcore song...hard to describe. Very interesting though! I think I've found love. Finally they do a heavy song that sounds somewhat unique. 4/5

Sky High - Another ballad attempt. This sounds better. Once again I feel like I've heard this. The chorus reminds me of something Ayumi Hamasaki-ish. I like this a lot more than Rain Delay. Sounds more refined and his voice is actually really beautiful in this. 3/5

Overall 3.5/5. I respect this band a lot more now! They've proven they can have range in their songs. Even though they use a lot of the same poppy chorus, they are very catchy and enjoyable. I recommend this album definitely over Versus. More range and the songs have a lot better chance of sticking around in your head for more than a week or so.

Well a quick review since the last was deleted -

6.5/10

Points for variety, and about half the album I like. Points for songs like Reborn and flood bead that show a different side to their heavier sound. Points for the slower songs, rain delay especially which I love. Points for the poppier tracks, LEAD and Strings. But there's a still a handful of weak tracks that bring the album down. Its far from perfect, but its a step in the right direction and overall, a stronger album that VERSES. But what VERSES had was stronger individual tracks. Here the good tracks are good, but they are not fantastic, except for maybe rain delay.

Well a quick review since the last was deleted -

6.5/10

Points for variety, and about half the album I like. Points for songs like Reborn and flood bead that show a different side to their heavier sound. Points for the slower songs, rain delay especially which I love. Points for the poppier tracks, LEAD and Strings. But there's a still a handful of weak tracks that bring the album down. Its far from perfect, but its a step in the right direction and overall, a stronger album that VERSES. But what VERSES had was stronger individual tracks. Here the good tracks are good, but they are not fantastic, except for maybe rain delay.

It was a really solid and good album, but nowhere as good as VERSUS imo. My favorites were Strings and flood bead. And the best things about the album were the magnificent bass lines, especially flood bead's. Seventh Tier was also a good song, but as it progresses, it turns to shit. The intro and verses are sublime, but once the chorus starts, LEGENDARY COPY-PASTE MOMENT. Like someone else mentioned before, it's an exact copy of this other song off VERSUS. As for the other new songs, they're so-so. Pressed flower is as great as ever, and Rain Delay is okay.

Overall: 6/10.

I'll give a more detailed review later, but I thought it was better than VERSUS. My favorite is Rotate, but THRUST was horrible XD

I'll give it a 7 out of 10.

I would write a lengthy review but I fell asleep listening to the album the first time LOL. So my second time listening through, it's got a couple of songs I like. However I don't like any of the ballads but I don't listen to -OZ- for their ballads, so that's nothing new.

kinda lazy to write a full review, but the album is really good . 9/10

Sign in to follow this