Sign in to follow this  
LIDL

-OZ-: Rogue (Review)

uh-huh agreed with Tony.

It's progressing from last album.

They added so many touch on each track that make the music interesting.

I really appreciate them for doing so. Their efforts are worth it.

I love all tracks in it, i think i am obsessed with it!

I just starting scrobbling them with Rogue for my current account,

and they're already got hits with 96 plays for yesterday.

Even i, myself, quite surprised when i checking out my library!

Even the Ballad was interesting to hear.

Oh, they deserve the lime light now, please.

Wish they had tour for the U.S though, it'd be so win to hear songs from Rouge LIVE

Damn you EU! xD~~~

Seriously boring, generic, overrated band imo. Everything they've released recently has made me "eh" and nothing more. There's never more than a single song that stands out to me. But at least this is a step in the right direction, as opposed to VERSUS which went nowhere and was one big, long medley. Actually I find myself often preferring the tracks toward the end (because it's finally coming to an end? Who knows)

And I maintain they need a new vocalist or singing lessons for Natsuki.

Well what can I say more.My most and foremost fave track is Sky High. I really love this song btw. the intro really awesome.

others are quite average. I like rotate and rain delay too but not to that extend. get bored after listening for 6 times :/

Still this album stands great just like "VERSUS". 7.8/10

It has a bit more variation than VERSUS, but the songs got worse IMO. I agree with SUBLIMINAL: Natsuki needs to learn how to sing, or just leave the band. Nothing against him personally of course, but he just cannot sing very well and while he covers that up on some old songs, this album really shows his weak points.

3/10 for the album as a whole IMO. Some decent songs but none really come further than 5/10 or so.

I loved the album, it's a lot more diverse than VERSUS was, and makes for a great 2nd album. I do agree that sometimes Natsuki can take away from the songs, there's one towards the end, I'm not sure exactly which one, I think it might be THRUST where his vocal melody sounds the exact same from another song.

But yeah I really liked just about every track.

My favorites were, LEAD, flood bead, Pressed Flowers, Strings, Seventh Tier.

I'll probably add more after a few more listens. Strings was the most stand out for me.

The only really complaint I have, is nothing was like REALLY EPIC, like VERSUS was good, but all sounded the same, but when they had an epic song, it was EPIC. Breathe Tree's for example, nothing even comes closer to that on this album, everything is just good.

Overall: 8/10

Guys, it's ROUGE xD. We keep confusing it with ROGUE (which is a better title but still).

I liked it although as others have stated there was no standout track. Everything was equally as good but nothing totally blew me away. There was no equivalent to LAST SHELL or DETOX or BREATHE TREES. Still, I take this as a more consistent experience as an album then VERSUS was. I can tell apart the tracks and the middle of the album doesn't blend together. some of the tracks also include elements that I don't hear -OZ- use often, such as the beat in the background of Sky High or the piano at the beginning of Strings.

I'm still torn as to which one I like more.

I liked more Versus i think (maybe that will change though after more listenings) but its a SOLID (hahah) album.

There is not one song i dislike.

Favorites: Rotate, Flood Bead, Bitter&sweet, Strings.

7,5/10

Rouge > VERSUS

Not going to do a detalied review, but I think it's really awesome. Guitars sounds epic. I like all songs in it. Especially REborn. Too bad I will be able to go around Europe only next year :/ But I am sure they will come back to Europe, and, why not, to Italy, at that time. I think I will buy regular edition through CLJ Records webshop anyway.

I loved all of them xD... but I think that I liked Birthday more, I wish they could make more music like that!

I suspect a mod deleted it because it was posted when the release in question hadn't been shared on the regular forum, and we kinda decided not to allow reviews of releases that weren't posted for everyone to avoid unnecessary dramas and bitchfights. But apparently a few posts were overlooked, so not the whole thread was deleted.

Might be a good idea to put that in the forum rules, since I spent a bit of time writing it and now its gone.

I've listened to the album several times by now and I can't honestly say I'm blown away... it's not bad but I feel that nothing on this album can compare to MIGRANT, LAST Shell, and DETOX from the last album... I will say that BIRTHDAY is one of the better intros to an album I've ever heard in my entire life, ROTATE, Pressed Flower, and Sky High are very good as well... other standouts... Plant and Strings, but not much else. Lead didn't really do a whole lot for me, but Thrust was the only song I really did not care for at all, whatsoever. I give the album a 6.5/10

The album seems to be really good. Not as good as Versus yeat, but I have the feeling this is a grower. So after 10+ listens I am sure I will appreciate this more than Versus. Can't say for sure, though. You never know.

I keep getting the feeling that it isn't as good as VERSUS even though it is.

I mean, they've progressed, but if only a little, they can do so much more...

Similarly to VERSUS, the songs tend to blend together for some reason.

Honestly, the thing that keeps bugging me is how the more interesting things they incorporate just feels off or is very short. For instance, the piano in strings and the verses in Seventh Tier, don't feel all that involved and out of the loop. Then for some reason I don't know why I just can't seem remember the solos... though I think they've gotten better, heh.

Favorite song for some reason is FLOOD BEAD, then Bitter Sweet, I guess. Thrust is probably one fo their worst songs ever.

Ah~~ above average, maybe. 6~8/10

**I also have to agree that BIRTHDAY is probably one of the more epic intros I've heard. And that I'm not sure if these tracks can beat out VERSUS' last shell, migrant, and the likes.

**I also have to agree that BIRTHDAY is probably one of the more epic intros I've heard. And that I'm not sure if these tracks can beat out VERSUS' last shell, migrant, and the likes.

THIS.

good album is good. That's about it though. I appreciated the more variety on this one, but nothing quite jumped out as outstanding, just solidly good music. 8/10

I didn't listen to it all the way though, but it's interesting how they had a copy pasta accident in "Seventh Tier." So far it's a nice album, but not a lot jumps at me at the moment.

LOL from Needle? :D

Sign in to follow this