Pretsy

THE J-POP THREAD a.k.a JAYYYYPAAAWP

not about any music releases but...

CONGRATS TO YUI FOR HAVING GIVEN BIRTH TO TWIN BOYS AND TO KAORI MOCHIDA FOR HER MARRIAGE. *CRIES HAPPILY*

Man, that new bomi song is catchy! She really is consistent with her stuff.

I never heard any moumoon before too, but that song sounded really boring. The (lyric) video was really nice though.

Suiyoubi no Campanella is something I just cannot get into. I don't know, I may end up liking it later on. The music behind it is not bad, but I just don't get the appeal. ):

Also: new Kyary and Perfume singles/songs will be out this autumn too...except that Nakata's current problems can be showcased by throwing this in:

The guy is running out of ideas and...well you know the rest already, lol.

Actually I don't. What else is going on? I can see running out of ideas when you have 3 mouths to feed.

Besides, wasn't Kyary supposed to work with European pop writers?

Suiyoubi no Campanella is something I just cannot get into. I don't know, I may end up liking it later on. The music behind it is not bad, but I just don't get the appeal. ):

Check out kenmochi hidefumi's stuff then. He's the guy that produces for her and he's released several albums of his own years ago. His album "Falliccia" is really dope - all instrumental stuff, though not tailored for a pop artist.

Actually I don't. What else is going on? I can see running out of ideas when you have 3 mouths to feed.

Besides, wasn't Kyary supposed to work with European pop writers?

Kyary was supposed to channel Nakata's inner "I want to do shibuya kei again pls"-ambitions, so why would he run out of ideas that fast? I think the other affecting factor (I left it unmentioned seeing as it'd be very obvious) would be his hipster desires - willing to go further into new, "cool" fads - and attempt to churn out a similar, yet very poor carbon version as a result (WAVE RUNNER might have been a decent listen but defo not holding a candle to his fellow banger DJs a la TeddyLoid for instance). Also, count those yen-tastic tie-ins in too (commercials, dramas, Doraemon movies) and you have an artist stripping themselves out of every ounce of originality time by time, a.k.a Nakata.

Why should I feel pity for him being the "poor Mother Goose of J-electro" that struggles to feed their hungry dolltastic children? His own effing fault, period.

Also, not really related to this topic but SNO's Fukase is one cryptic wacko o_o

Check out kenmochi hidefumi's stuff then. He's the guy that produces for her and he's released several albums of his own years ago. His album "Falliccia" is really dope - all instrumental stuff, though not tailored for a pop artist.

Didn't know he had released solo stuff before, I assumed he was just a new guy in the scene. I shall go after his albums then, thanks for the recommendation!

^ lol. I was highly agitated when I saw that Natsume song will be used for 'Pixels.' Guess it's fitting but.. eww. Really can't decide whether I love the girl or hate the girl. Personally becoming rather uninterested with Kyary. It's all very copy-and-paste. Don't really have much to add other than I'm interested in the upcoming SawanoHiroyuki[nZk] album. Literally staying up-to-date with all this on arama, lol. All of that drama about Fukase and Kyary, and Ayumi vs Namie doe. 

Yonige, anyone? Been into this girls lately after getting their second demo last year. Bought their first mini album, Coming Spring that been release last week and been spinning it non-stop.

New Bajune Tobeta featuring Maki Nomiya of Pizzicato Five fame. Sounds very Shibuya-ish.

Also kinda surprising to see, as I thought Bajune Tobeta was fairly obscure. The first (and last) thing I'd heard from him was an album called "African Mode" which fused bossa nova and IDM. Really good too iirc.

TFW Gesu no Kiwami Otome (or Enon more specifically) sold his song/arrangement to your good ol' boyband:

https://www.facebook.com/Jongakunosekai/videos/812471542205311/

:(

Also, new Hitomitoi will be out soon

Not expecting huge things, but heh.

@herpes: it's good to see someone who's not crazy over her godawful fringe and carbon Kyaryism for once ^^

TFW Gesu no Kiwami Otome (or Enon more specifically) sold his song/arrangement to your good ol' boyband:

https://www.facebook.com/Jongakunosekai/videos/812471542205311/

:(

Good for him. He'll make some $$, and that song seems like a really nice fit for SMAP, IMO.

I actually really like the video too. They all look pretty suave running on those treadmills.

i'm stanning

Her sound seems to have changed quite a bit since:

Admittedly, I'm quite fond of the older sound, but whatever floats your boat ; )

^^Sheesh, so she is basically doing what M.I.A. has done for a while, lel.

In general I might find this okay (yay for Tetsuya Komuro synths!) but it's Daoko we are speaking of...way too ballsy for her imho. 

(she looks cute though)