Pretsy

THE J-POP THREAD a.k.a JAYYYYPAAAWP

This girl is gonna release a PV DVD consisting of 11 MVs with THE SAME DAMN SONG (check her YT channel out, she has like 12 PVs for that same annoying song - shocker!)

...and this makes me lose an ounce of hope in Nakata day by day (not overdramatizing here), and even new Perfume won't save it :(

I'd still buy. XD I really disliked her and that song at first, but I can jam to it now. I also love how there's so many different PV's for it, you never see that, or at least that many lol. I only lost a bit of hope in Nakata after hearing that latest CAPSULE album (no, I will not get over it). 

*sigh*

Wonder if @beni and alike care about this one (new Seiko!!!):

Not bad, really.

Thanks for the shout out so I spotted this. I believe I've read some Last.fm yolks talking about this one. New Seiko is always welcome, of course. Pretty random but enjoyable PV. It has its charming moments though. I thought it was a laid back number until the chorus came in, ahaha. I do love the progression of the song, but it does seem to go on for a bit longer than I'd like. It's a grower though, for sure. Dat opening and ending dough. <3 

Does anyone have any opinions on that Amuro album? So Western, I couldn't enjoy most of it, lmao. x'D Dat Guetta being credited as the artist of the last one too lol *stabs PC* XD

that seiko is amazing, 2002 shiina ringo levels of creativity. and I kinda love the namie album? it sounds like the best ke$ha/katy perry/tlc album that never was. 

New Seiko is realllly good, I like it a lot. I plan on listening to the new Namie at some point, it'll be my first time hearing anything by her so I have no idea what to expect.

I don't even know if this is pop, but putting it here anyways because Charan Po Rantan is the best

I kinda love the namie album? it sounds like the best ke$ha/katy perry/tlc album that never was. 

This is actually my main issue when it comes to anything Namie atm lol.

Sure - if she actually intended to take a note or two from her American counterparts, then go ahead. But as far as things go, FEEL and her latest album truly exhibit that how one could lose her/his identity in a moment while attempting to dabble with "heavily westernized, perhaps even more widely accepted" direction.

Allow me to remind you that she promoted it as "a throwback" or some sort - a real shame that my listening experiences showed otherwise (feel free to debunk my POV).

The worst J-troll of 2015 - Namie Amuro 4 sure.

I understand your point, for me Namie hasn't ever been an artist, rather a human vocaloid for some of the best songwriters in Japan. This album solidifies it.

also yas

nevermind found, and she wasnt sexy

My brain is broken

his hair slays though, and good cute song. why that one girl look like jungkook though fkT1SgJC.jpeg

^ Hirone-chan's first album is actually quite good if you like dream poppy poetry reading type of music. I had actually been waiting for this album to come out ever since I noticed she was now on subenoana label and bought it earlier today from OTOTOY after you reminded me about it with that post.

^ Nah, she's lovely. Her first release was gorgeous, I have to listen to it again some time.

That Hirone-chan is a literal offspring of Seiko in every way. o-o

That new Ayumi song would've been a lot better without those dated EDM "horns" (?) :(

Speaking of which, new Tofubeats arubumu will be out this september:

(y)

Also: new Kyary and Perfume singles/songs will be out this autumn too...except that Nakata's current problems can be showcased by throwing this in:

The guy is running out of ideas and...well you know the rest already, lol.

Towa Tei though:

#instantsummerhit

PAN-PAN-PAN-PANDEMIC~

edit: let's not forget that fun-ish SEKAI NO OWARI song either.

"Dated" is barely descriptive when it comes to criticizing something (I ought to blame jrocknyc and similar circles for introducing this term to the world of VK-infested bonanza) but that "lol" PV definitely "missed the train" or got shelved for a decade - totally carbon, "dated" AAA copycat, yup.

I have no hopes for Namie pulling herself together, but a collab with Crystal might sound like something worth checking out (seeing as mainstream urban scene @Japan had nothing that interesting happening lately)

Toki Asako's latest might be something her dedicated fanboys (um, maybe girls too) might enjoy, eeeeh:

Moumoon's "latest" PV is rather surprising (positive/negative-ly? Be the judge) when it comes to introducing (possibly) the new direction they are heading towards:

Ummm...

Also, your daily dose of Kyary/SuG Takeru hybrid:

"yaaay, I wear MYSELF xDDD"

THAT MOUMOON SONG HURTS ME SO MUCH.

I'm pretty fond of Asako, but not a fan of the song. The PV is really cute though, might be a grower.

That 'lol' group is literally a joke.

I am fond of this collab with Namie and Crystal. Excited to hear what they'll do, mainly because Crystal has been on fire since she's returned (yah, because of that one single, don't judge <3).

Takeru's brother looks/sounds like he's doing well.

Thank you for those posts with so many releases man. =3

I've never heard of moumoon before, but I like that song a lot. Male Kyary scares me. Some new stuff:

bomi is still really good

Not really new Suiyoubi, but new weird video

You'll Melt More! Not really what I want out of them, but decent song. That POLYSICS produced song spoiled me. Also they have six members now?

That new BOMI is great as usual. She's without a doubt one of my favorite Jpop artists atm. Looks like it's just a digital single, though..