Pretsy

THE J-POP THREAD a.k.a JAYYYYPAAAWP

15 minutes ago, spockitty said:

I couldn't tell you what he was compared to, sry, my music knowledge is as vast as it is shallow.  

Not a prob. I actually forgot about Coloris and Chiptek so it was nice to listen to those releases again.

From what I remember, Towa Tei and Cornelius were names thrown into She's direction, due to how similar their sound was.

So definitely look them up too, but just a warning that they dabbled in EVERYTHING (mainly pop/hip-hop), so it's not just 8bit stuff.

Also, you'll eventually run into DJ's like MONDO GROSSO (used to be known as Shinchi Osawa) and fall into the hip/hop & Jazztronic music craze so take it easy lol.

Whoa, @spockitty you just helped me find the original song to this lol

I was a crazy fan of these compilation albums more than 10 years ago.

Never knew that it was Eiko Shimamiya's ひぐらしのなく頃に.

WOW, so I have heard of her apparently lol.

1 minute ago, YuyoDrift said:

I was a crazy fan of these compilation albums more than years ago.

Hahaha it's so bizarre hearing this. I'll stick to the original, thanks XD

23 minutes ago, YuyoDrift said:

From what I remember, Towa Tei and Cornelius were names thrown into She's direction, due to how similar their sound was.

So definitely look them up too, but just a warning that they dabbled in EVERYTHING (mainly pop/hip-hop), so it's not just 8bit stuff.

Also, you'll eventually run into DJ's like MONDO GROSSO (used to be known as Shinchi Osawa) and fall into the hip/hop & Jazztronic music craze so take it easy lol.

I definitely will add them to my Infinite List Of Artists To Listen To™! But also plz stop? I can only be dragged into five musical directions at once, and trying to dust off my love for acid jazz will shave off another hour of my sleep schedule :P 

Can't watch the videos you posted @colorful人生 :( 

32 minutes ago, colorful人生 said:

Trying not to spam too much in this thread, but I have to mention dream. Also, Hikaru no Go having some dope-ass OP and EDs.

The only songs I ever knew from them (they were the hardest fucking group to look up music for lol) were "my will" from the first ED of Inuyasha, and "movin' on", and from them I discovered other artists from this time period too by mistake. It was also my first time learning about how girl groups in Japan are formed.

Not sure if it was discussed in previous pages, but one artist that shot up in popularity during as early as 2000 was Hitomi Yaida.

I always praise her, as she was one of first to play around with that heartfelt and artistic form of music that other artists after her like YUI, Aiko, Miwa, and Ayaka still use years later.

My favorite song of hers will always be Mikansei No Melody from her 2002 album i/flancy.

1 hour ago, spockitty said:

Can't watch the videos you posted @colorful人生 :( 

Yea, avex hates embedding ;;. If you click the title, you should be able to watch/listen to them.

1 hour ago, YuyoDrift said:

I was a crazy fan of these compilation albums more than 10 years ago.

yoooooo- exit trance was my jam too. I'd rock that on my iPod Classic until iTunes zapped them from my library, luckily I grabbed them all on JPS again. 

Edited by colorful人生