Pretsy

THE J-POP THREAD a.k.a JAYYYYPAAAWP

^ Uhm, oh well - it's just that I hoped they would favor this kind of route instead:

http://fuckyeahystk.tumblr.com/post/115669465327

Full version of 2nd A-side "Relax in the City" - reminds me a lot of Capsule's much older repertoire, a la debut album (Sakura, anyone?) :D

Will get on that new Ayu album someday as well (albeit the obvious single infestation a.k.a new j-pop release syndrome since 2k10)

Who writes music for them/produces?

Upon first listen when the drums and off kilter guitar riffs came in I thought oh my god, this must be AxSxE's work!! It sounded so much like his signature sound. I was so excited about that prospect I decided to look it up on their website and low and behold found out their producer was...... KenKen, the guitarist from RIZE. XD

Still have to get to Perfume's newest songs, so I'll post here again when I do. But continuing with the Ayu discussion (because I know we all love her x3) what does everything think of that new album? I personally wasn't expecting it to be so ballad packed and thought there'd be more songs like 'WARNING' and 'Movin' on without you' on it. I also think the strongest songs are the singles. I found myself not loving any of the new ones. I guess with more spins I'll come to adore the album more so. But I'm not saying it's bad, I was just expecting more.

Okay, good news - Namie Amuro's gonna hit us with a new album "_genic." (inb4 Björk fans) on June 10! I might as well blatantly quote Arama's Ronald here:

This will be the singer’s first body of new work since parting ways with longtime management company Rising Productions (formerly known as Vision Factory). After 22 years with Rising Productions, all of Namie’s activities are now centralized under Avex. “_genic” sees Namie turning away from her EDM sound of late and going in a different direction. This new album sees Namie incorporating R&B, 80s, and 90s influences to create a classic dance pop sound.

FINALLY someone from J-pop scene is ready to depart from EDM trendbanging, yay!

Speaking of latest j-pop miracles, why no one mentioned the fact that Mito Natsume (that short-banged, currently trending Kyary v.2) has 11 PVs for one song only?!!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjVdFW16-zuELvfT46d6hhA/videos+ anime PV which she deleted for some reason (it's still on YT tho)

Speaking of latest j-pop miracles, why no one mentioned the fact that Mito Natsume (that short-banged, currently trending Kyary v.2) has 11 PVs for one song only?!!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjVdFW16-zuELvfT46d6hhA/videos+ anime PV which she deleted for some reason (it's still on YT tho)

i love the single art, it's just a shame the song is terrible and her voice worse

New Salyu's much closer than you think:

Definitely not salyu x salyu-tier stuff but it's still all fine ;)

Also, new Shishido Kavka <3

Super excited for that new Namie album. I think she did something really cool with her EDM sound with "FEEL", but then it got tired quick. I liked TSUKI and BRIGHTER DAYS too, but not they just feel like leftovers. lol

New Salyu is alright; despite the weird chorus. I need new salyu x salyu. ):

the new yamp kolt album is bliss, the guest vocals are legend tier picks.

I don't recall caring too much for the first yamp kolt album, but the new one was pretty nice. I need to revisit it, though. Some great features on there. (I also shared some of トンチ's solo stuff in the catfiles thread if anyone's interested).

New Salyu is alright; despite the weird chorus. I need new salyu x salyu. ):

Will hopefully get to the new salyu album soon. Her solo stuff has never been remarkable in my book, but her salyu x salyu and lily chou chou projects have yielded some amazing music.

-

Has anyone tried the new Izumi Macra (泉まくら)? I was surprised at how different it sounds from both new and old daoko material. Izumi's tone and delivery is a bit more gritty than I remember and the production is heavily steeped in underground hip-hop.

are there any edm or trap act (like you would here the song at a club)?

Oh my, I haven't posted here for "ages"!

are there any edm or trap act (like you would here the song at a club)?

You might dig

, Capsule's latest album,
(you might have heard of him before in terms of collabing with Miyavi, SuG, Gazette...),
(his remixes are intriguing) and
(their "more banging" tracks) if you are really into anything EDM lately (that's all I could get out of my head so far)

Also, I have tried Izumi Macra and must admit that she had some neat beats going on in the background...yeah, totally reccing that stuff :D My shoutouts to for reminding that Charisma.com is gonna have a new album out this summer...it's gonna be FIRE.

PLUS

Someone should tell Namie to stop lying about stylistic comebacks and admit that she will move on with full-on edm-ngrishized content (not that EDM would be bad - it's just not something I'd see her performing on)

^ they had PVs like that ever since early 2010s I think?

Speaking of J-pop idiocy:

This girl is gonna release a PV DVD consisting of 11 MVs with THE SAME DAMN SONG (check her YT channel out, she has like 12 PVs for that same annoying song - shocker!)

...and this makes me lose an ounce of hope in Nakata day by day (not overdramatizing here), and even new Perfume won't save it :(