hiroki

Purple Stone

the more i hear poison chocolate, the better it gets, i loooooove it. Blaster Voltage is some sorta neon-dripping stadium-sized digital hardcore kind of thing. it's so extra! the glass, glitter and whateverelse sound effects are being used like instruments now, it's so goooooood素晴らしきこの世界へ riff and chorus sound a bit like baroque's gakidou and in general it feels a lot like baroque being mixed with the most extra kirakirakirakirakirakirakirakira-sounding oshare i've heard. i'd love if all oshare was this nearly physically キラ☆キラ—it's like you're awash in glitter! floods of glitter! it's! so! sparkly! the poison version of Poison Chocolate is a nice little touch.

they're tripling down on the glitter and broken glass! really dig 'em all! it needs to hit the US itunes soon so i can throw 'em my money.

Edited by returnal

I still think Poison Chocolate is as bad as Panic Panic was, but this time I actually liked both b-sides.

素晴らしきこの世界へ is the kind of fun, happy-go-lucky song I whish they sticked to. Even if kinda simple structure-wise, it's a fun, catchy song, probably real nice at lives.

I can't shake the idea they are undermining themselves going the cheesy way of both recent lead songs, they can do so much more...

Edited by chemicalpictures

i'll only get my cds tmr so i haven't heard their new single... I CANNOT WAIT. and 素晴らしきこの世界へ is apparently fuma's favorite song off this single so i'm especially excited to hear that one :D

i can totally understand why the change in their music direction (if you could call it that) wouldn't be palatable to some fans. to be fair that was a huge concern the band had as well. i remember keiya saying how torn he was when they decided to try something knew cos he wasn't sure if the fans can accept it. ultimately i think the main 'payoff' for their new sound comes through most clearly at lives, and it's difficult to judge songs like panic panic and poison chocolate without having seen them live, esp. with all the audience participation elements. i mean, even before panic panic, listening to Paradise Dance on record was NOTHING like experiencing it live. the energy of the entire livehouse moving in sync + how good keiya is at hyping the crowd up is quite mind blowing. the recent music only lifts that to a higher level.

i'm not sure what i feel about the 2 recent PVs still, since ordinarily they would def be too cheesy for me (and like, the reason i actually love them is because of my ridiculously intense bias for the band LOL). but i found that if i listen without watching the pv, the sound actually doesn't deviate too much from some of the stuff they had before? it's still the same sound effects, the same catchy choruses, the same signature purple stone hooks etc. and then there's also the lyrics aspect. it's understandable that their recent output is easy to dismiss as 'non-serious' and 'playful' music but actually fuma kinda detests 'paripi' music (basically superficial, thoughtless party/clubbing music) lol. he's said time and again in interviews and talkshows that his job is to try and neutralize the capriciousness of their sound by writing lyrics that gives substantial depth to the songs. that doesn't mean that his lyrics are preachy or inscrutable - it just means there's more to their music than meets the eye :) so like, there's something for everyone, assuming you can access everything: recorded music, live experience, lyrics, interviews/blogs/tweets, and so on. anyway fuma just seems to be a super intelligent person from the stuff he writes/says haha. he twitcasts A LOT (almost every night) so pls just drop by and say hi even if you dunno what he's saying :P

oh and a slight digression: their new single seems to be selling quite well! i ordered from 3 different shops for fun this time and both like an edison and jishuban have sold out their first press (so they're waiting on stock). i checked cdjapan and it seems to be the same there. little hearts and zeal link have limited stock left.

Edited by hiroki

Honestly I'm just so different when it comes to classifying bands... I like what they give me or don't and that's that. I love what Purple Stone bring to the table each and every time they write something new and I've loved everything they've put at thus far. Keep doing what you're doing BABES<3 and put out music you love<3333333333333333333333333

While "Panic Panic!" was an alright single for me, "Poison Chocolate" is awesome. I especially love 素晴らしきこの世界へ. ;w; It's been stuck on repeat. xD

I like Fuma even more every time I read his opinions on music and such.

i adore Purple Stone, i actually discovered them when i went to a random visual kei show in tokyo last summer (super visual night in shibuya rex), and it was such a treat because they performed in their own shifuku (private clothes) ie not costumes *o* but they still had eye makeup and amazing hair and they were hotttttt.

ahem, that aside, watching keiya do the panic panic dance just turned me into a puddle of happiness XD i just have to say, keiya sounds AMAZING live,  he really does. 

poison chocolate hasn't grown on me yet, got to give it another chance. 

On 4.2.2017 at 0:31 PM, hiroki said:

but i found that if i listen without watching the pv, the sound actually doesn't deviate too much from some of the stuff they had before? it's still the same sound effects, the same catchy choruses, the same signature purple stone hooks etc.

This! Definitely something that's barely brought up. Yes, Panic Panic was totally different, being more an EDM track, than an actual rock tune. But Poison Chocolate stands musically more in the tradition of Amazuppai Mango, even though the style of the video and all that dance moves resemble Panic Panic. It's a solid rock tune with on point electronic samples, which contribute to the song, instead of being just a gimmick. For me Poison Chocolate shows the perfect balance between their goofy-cheesy side and their heavy-rocking side. Imo the best song on this single.

Blaster Voltage sounds like a follow-up to Forgery and shows the development of Purple Stone and the style change after Nexus quite good.  Will be, without doubt, a great live song, but I think they could have "filled" the middle part a little bit more in the studio version. You can guess which kind of energy the break down can produce at a live, but it does sound a bit minimalistic at home. 

素晴らしきこの世界へ. was really great. I believe PS never sounded so optimistic and happy, which I kind of dig. A song with some really nice details, who enriches their disco. 

Overall once again a great single of Purple Stone :)

I hate to say it. But this new single slays. Purple Stone has to be one of the best bands at producing quality b-side tracks. Another great single by dem boyz! I will just be here waiting for another major release.

Haven't updated in a while, but the band has been touring extensively. Hopefully there will soon be news of new music as well!!

Here are some interesting events coming up:

2017.05.21 - Kansai Rock Summit, the biggest VK 'festival' in Kansai. Purple Stone will be up at JANUS, from 14.30~15.00

2017.05.30 - Purple Stone oneman live at RUIDO K4. This is also keiya's birthday's live and it's so rare that they're doing it in Tokyo so pls go see them if you can!! :) 

2017.06.20 - A two man live with Megalo (a non-vk rock band) at Osaka Muse. I think Megalo's members are Fuma's close friends that's why they're doing this! Regardless, it's pretty unusual to have a two-man like this so I'm sure it'll be fun!

2017.07.10 - A special '6-man' event at Nagoya's Club Quattro, featuring 3 from Osaka and 3 from Nagoya. Purple Stone is part of the Osaka 'team' together with Fest and RiR

2017.07.22 - Kamijo's birthday live

Apart from these they're on the stylish wave '17 Circuit tour with some other really good bands in the lineup!

For those of you who haven't seen/heard of it yet, Purple Stone started an official Line account!

Go add them now! <333

DTqtpd5U0AEhg2t.jpg

Setlist of GAKs birthday one-man:

Opening Guitar Solo 「V.D.Headwater」

1. パニックパニック!

2. アドレナリンBANG!

3.甘酸っぱいマンゴー 

4. Hysteric Lady

5. ポイズンチョコレート

6. 絵空事

7. sakura.

8. LIGHT BLUE 

ーSEー「Dragon’s Whisper」

9. Imperial Dragon -Instrumental-

ーSEー「紫宴 ~Shi En~」

10. デサバ

11. 回転木馬

ーINTERVALー

12. キャットウォーク

13. ミラーボール -Live Edit Version-

14. Scar -Re recording ver-

15. 歌舞伎町バタフライ

16. ブラスターボルテージ

~Encore~

En1. 願い -LiveEdit Version-

En2. BLAME -Re recording ver-

They'll hold their 5th anniversary one man at 高田馬場AREA on 2018/03/29 and their 5th anniversary presents live at Osaka Muse (2018/02/14) and 高田馬場AREA (2018/03/14).

12 hours ago, CloudyTree said:

Btw. They'll hold their fan meeting at Shinjuku Ruido K4 on Keiyas birthday (2018/05/30).

Have they announced any new releases since this album? I feel like it's been AWHILE......

Today was Purple Stone's fanmeeting oneman for Keiya's bday at Shinjuku Ruido K4!!!

DedVWN5VQAAgHsD.jpg

Setlist

1. ポイズンチョコレート

2. デサバ

3. Scar

4. 嘘つきピエロ

5. パニックパニック!

6. sakura.

7. River

8. 甘酸っぱいマンゴー

9. ミラーボール

10. キャットウォーク

11. 歌舞伎町バタフライ

12. ブラスターボルテージ

13. BLAME

14. 素晴らしきこの世界へ

They let us record two of the songs during the live! It was originally just gonna be one, I think, but Keiya let us do two!! Someone uploaded the full thing to youtube! (they said to have fun uploading on twitter/instagram/sharing with friends and stuff so it wasn't meant to be a "only for the people who came here" kind of thing) you can find a bunch of pics/clips on twitter if you search 'purple stone' as well. people have been posting all night ^^

Panic panic

It was super weird to have panic panic w/o anyone doing the furi lol in the MC after this song, Keiya said it felt lonely to do all the furi by himself and fuma commented how even on the clapping parts no one clapped lol some ppl who were recording would tap their wrist softly, but carefully so that they wouldn't make their phones shake too much haha all three of them were like 'this is the first time to see something like this during panic panic' and keiya and fuma kept imitating us staring through our phones to make sure we have a good video lol

sakura

I love this song <3333 I could stand there listening to Keiya sing all day <3333333

Keiya looked like he was enjoying the fuck out of himself all night <333 during one of the songs Gak altered the guitar solo to sound like a fancy happy bday melody and we sang happy birthday again... we sang happy bday to Keiya like three times tonight haha. once was a surprise from the fans. the drummer accidentally fucked up so we all started singing and popped our little poppers. the 2nd time was when Gak brought out the cake during the MC for the encore and the 3rd was the guitar solo part... except I can't remember which song that was so maybe it was before the encore... I can't remember T_T

usually after a Purple Stone live, Keiya will go off stage first and Gak will death voice yell something in the mic and Fuma will copy him and we all yell and they leave, but since it's his bday, Keiya came back on stage and asked if he could do it too haha so the three of them did it and Gak said it was kinda embarrassing with all three of them haha I guess cos he had to stand there and watch Keiya and Fuma be idiots and realized he prob also looks like that lolol and then Fuma and Gak decided to leave Keiya on stage last since it's an event for him and we all screamed his name some more haha then on the count of three we all yelled 'omedetou' and he shouted back 'arigatou' and he left the stage. I love how much he smiles and waves at us as he's leaving haha <33333 KEIYAAAAAA <33333

These are the costumes they wore only one time for the 5th anniversary live, but it'll be their new look starting from today! 

topmain.png

Though they have a new look, they haven't said anything about any new releases yet, but it seems like they're working on something and will maybe have some kind of announcement soonish? They've mentioned vague stuff like that the past few times I've seen them. I'm excited for whatever they're working on!! o(*^▽^*)o~♪