hiroki

Purple Stone

@Platy You're welcome!! Really delighted to hear that you enjoyed seeing Purple Stone ^^

I haven't heard panic panic live (they only started performing it at the live after the one i went to, orz) - but they're always sooo perfect live i can only imagine what fun panic panic must be :'D

Do check out their earlier releases as well if you've yet to :D

Edited by hiroki

A few days late but here are my impressions of their One-Man:

One word: Amazing! Just some minor sound problems  til Paradies Dance, but after that they were flawless. Hell, they rocked the sunhall. Even the last row was full into the live, especially at the last songs of the main set. After Scar it was just jumping and headbanging without break and everything culminated inパニックパニック. Probably one of their best live songs. I was so exhausted, although they just had finished their main set to this point. The encore was awesome as well and キャットウォーク could grow into a new fixpoint in their live set. Speaking of it:

Opinions on their new single? :) 

Although they didn't announce something new, there are two interesting things I remember of the concert:

First, keiya talked about theirs goals in the encore and promised they would work their way slowly to the top, even if it will take years. 

Second: The whole live was filmed. I doubt they will release a live dvd of such a small live, but at least it`s possible that we'll get some live footage with the next release or on youtube.

Absolutely love Panic Panic. Such a killer track. Really hoping to get a hold on the other tracks from the different types. Im already hoping for new Purple Stone soon. Really wanting a mini or full album from them.

I still haven't listened to the whole single, but bought the title track from iTunes. After listening to it x times, I realised it really reminded me of CINDYKATE and their party-like tracks :') Can't wait to listen to more from PS

I think we all agree on Panic Panic being a killer track, especially live :D 

About the B-Sides: For me personally Catwalk features some of the best vocal lines they've ever written and I love the song for its catchiness. Saw it live at their one-man and it grooves as fuck :panic:

Usotsuki Pierrot reminds me a little bit of Galeyds Masquerade, because of the circus melody. It misses the punch in the riffs and the chorus, while having a hell of a pre-chorus and a really nice bridge. But in the end nothing more than a filler track, although it's a decent song.

MASK sounds like a leftover of the Nexus-Era and I think they also mentioned in some interviews, that the song was written three years ago. Could be a nice live-song and I like it really much. Good old Purple Stone if you ask me.

In the end I'm totally satisfied with their 5th Single and can't wait for the next release! 

I think would order them in maybe this fashion

1)Mask

2)Panic Panic/Utsotsuki Pierrot/Cat walk

After further listens I can't decide which I like in order after "Mask" but I think that Mask is my favorite of all 3 songs... It is very old Purple Stone and that's what got me attached to them in the first place so I'm sold on its goodness.... Its more harder feel with them captivating vocals got me all in love so I'll go with that.

Panic Panic as I mentioned before got me ready to dance all the time just like Michael's Thriller so that is already a big plus haha.

Cat walk was the one that I was going to actually put last but after more listens I find it to be better than what I previously thought

Utsotsuki Pierrot I found to be very lovely on the contrary and its circus them was pretty cool.

I like how B-side has its own theme really and I enjoyed the single as a whole like all the rest<3 Still hoping for that album to appear TOMORROW!!!!

Guess we shall see

Here are my thoughts..

Panic panic: Fucking amazing... i doubt i need to say more lol. This song tries to do so many things at once: the pseudo electro-Japanesque opening section, the random chiptune effects reminiscent of the highly idiosyncratic phase of early LEZARD, accelerated rap sections, the ultra addictive chorus that is also the lynchpin of the song which ties together all the disparate elements. It's such a bold effort that really attempts to bring something different to vk, a desire that the members have repeatedly emphasized. At least for me, it was a huge success. AND I LOVE FUMA'S LYRICS... what's with the "yappari purin ga tabetai ze!" LOL. Well anyway, despite its "fun" appearance, it's actually quite a suggestive and thought-provoking song if you dig into the lyrics - they are self-reflexive on multiple levels.

キャットウォーク: I'm really into this! The overall ambience of the song is slightly retro-sounding but the verse has such a nice beat and phrasing and it never loses its edge. I love especially how it builds up to the pre-chorus which then leads into a completely Purple Stone-ish chorus. Actually this song reminds me quite a lot of 浮キ世ニ咲ケ. I hope I can hear it live one day :3 

嘘つきピエロ: The title already sounds like an アンフィル song, so I wasn't surprised when it turns out that this is arguably the jazziest track that Purple Stone has written. As expected, the diminutive verse brings us to a much more explosive chorus where their signature "rock" elements are foregrounded. I actually enjoy the overall swing-y groove of the song a lot because I feel it has brought something new into their toolbox that I can see them harnessing really well in future.

MASK: A very nostalgic throwback to NEXUS-era Purple Stone, with some parts of the instrumentals reminding me even of Scar. All in all i think it's a good solid song that thrives on the very well-executed basics that Purple Stone had when they first started and before they began to infuse other elements into their sound. I can understand if this song sounds a little flat to the newer fans of Purple Stone, although I personally have no complaints at all.

10/10 single <333

Edited by hiroki

Fuma shared some thoughts on his lyric-writing in today's instagram post:

I received all your gifts, thank you! Dora [his cat] is also purring and really pleased. Not sure why though, haha.

I've always been writings lyrics, and I've tried various things in the process. Now I'm thinking what I'd like to do for my next set of lyrics.

For "panic panic" I really went all out and gave it a go the way I wanted.

Everything went smoothly, but multiple revisions were necessary even though we decided them together with the concept.

Most of the time the first set of lyrics is the best, but in this case it wasn't possible because we wrote the melody first.

Regardless of how good they are on their own, I had to revise the lyrics as they didn't leave much of an impression when coupled with the song.

I actually spent lots of time on the lyrics--to make sure that they are easier for fans to understand, while retaining enough depth; and to make sure they aren't all about me alone,  while still harboring my thoughts.

All the lyrics I've written are filled with my personal thoughts: they articulate what is essential to my experiences, not least of which my memories, people around me, etc.

And yet my lyrics occasionally also gesture towards the future without me knowing it. That's why I find lyrics interesting.

I try to write objectively about what I think, and sometimes my lyrics force me to confront what I haven't realized before.

But lyrics can't be too abstract. Yet they can't be too straightforward either.

The "lyrics-scape" must be something that others can emotionally engage.*

The lyrics must be able to lodge themselves in people's minds.

That's what I use the time I'm alive for.

I think it's meaningful time that's well-spent.

Notes:

*"情景" here refers to a primarily visual scene or setting in artistic expression. No idea how to translate it economically so I invented a word for it >_>

HELLO purple stoners(?) i have a quick question

i'm wondering what i'm missing from their discography? here's all i have, and i thought there was more:

NEXUS

アオイヤミ

甘酸っぱいマンゴー

回転木馬

歌舞伎町バタフライ [A-type]

thank you in advance <3

5 hours ago, itsukoii said:

HELLO purple stoners(?) i have a quick question

i'm wondering what i'm missing from their discography? here's all i have, and i thought there was more:

NEXUS

アオイヤミ

甘酸っぱいマンゴー

回転木馬

歌舞伎町バタフライ [A-type]

thank you in advance <3

the first post of their lyrics thread lists everything the band has released so far, including their live limited stuff ^^

for those who are fuma fans <3

e991sn.jpg

He posted this:

キリッとしてない、ぽにょっとしたやつ。基本しまりのある顔の写真は少ない。少なかった。もっとキメ顔しといてくれ、チビ俺...。
小さい時からデコは広い。
そして、丸い。愛嬌自体はあるが、人見知り。大人になっても、根本はあまり変わってない。自己中と不安がるのが少しマシになったくらい。
この時一緒に写ってる友達との交流はほぼほぼ無い、というのが寂しいところ。

which means I'm a cutie patootie :D

kf5eed.jpg

リクエストのやつ。
持ち帰ってきました。
ハードル上げてしまってたけど、意外と普通だったかも。笑
多分9~10歳らへんの時の、
お祭りの時の、くりくり頭時代。
記憶がほぼないなー。w
1番キリッとしてる写真です。w

soo.. fuma's instagram posts are full of essay-length reflections (or ramblings, if you're not into those kind of stuff).

what i mean are posts like this:

i personally enjoy reading them, so just a heads up in case there are ppl like me around? lolol

also they seem to be recording some new songs lately, so hoping for some good news soon :D:D

I like it! Not as catchy as the previous single but still fun. I think this lighter vibe suits them better than a heavier style, so I don't have a problem if they carry on in this direction. 

Purple Stone held their 2nd Tokyo oneman (4th overall) to celebrate GAK's birthday on 1/13!

Some photos (i'm actually kinda surprised they got so many flowers!! <333)

C2DvshfUcAE2RYA.jpg

C2DyR6qUoAAPiAc.jpg

C2DyR6sUQAAtw9l.jpg

C2DyR6sUsAAGhE7.jpg

C2DyR6qUAAA_rmu.jpg

Set list on the night (which @CloudyTree has already posted on the news thread)

Opening SE 「PαR@LyZ£ -Op.10-」 
1.  パラダイス・ダンス 
2.  歌舞伎町バタフライ
3. アオイヤミ
4. 回転木馬  

5. Dark Insanity 
6. Hysteric Lady 
-SE- prelude re:vir 
7. RIVER 
8. 絵空事 
9. 嘘つきピエロ 
10. Scar 
11. ポイズンチョコレート 
12. 甘酸っぱいマンゴー 
13. アドレナリンBANG! 
14. パニックパニック! 

Encore
1. キャットウォーク 
2. BLAME 

and pics from their Jishuban instore the very next day because why not?

C2Iw4I7VEAMSjEH.jpg

C2Iw4I4VQAALyGO.jpg

C2IS601UcAA31T6.jpg

C2IKX1WUkAEywYu.jpg

btw today is GAK's actual birthday! here's his twitter if you wanna wish him happy birthday :3

Edited by hiroki

Purple Stone was on nicobiju at Ikebukuro Parco just now to commemorate the release of Poison chocolate!!

photos from today

C3epQ25VcAAx-gh.jpg

C3euFItVYAEModl.jpg

C3fGuw1VMAESOAL.jpg

took some screenshots

es9h6e.jpg

anyone else ordered their new single?? :D

btw just a heads up: initial stock at Jishuban has run out so you'll need to wait for 2 weeks for the shop to receive and ship the new press (you can still place your order in the meantime!)