Purple Stone

2w3282e.jpg

Purple Stone

(2013 - present)

Vo. keiya (twitter)

Ba. 風麻 (FUMA) (twitter)

Gt.&Programming. GAK (twitter)

Support Dr. スピカ (Spica) (twitter)

Purple Stone began their activities on March 30th, 2013, and are based in Osaka. They're currently under the label CRIMZON, a subsidiary of GIZA studio.

The band's OHP is here, and their discography here.

==========================================

Ok. Now can we talk about how amazing they are? :D

YES, WE TOTALLY SHOULD TALK ABOUT HOW AWESOME THEY ARE.

Last year they released one of the best singles of the year, 甘酸っぱいマンゴー, and they only have three members!! How amazing is that? I also respect them a lot for GAK doing the "programming" himself. They are one of the most promising new bands though they have been around for over a year now.

But when are they going to release something new?? I need new Purple Stone songs ASAP.

I'm in.... I LOVE Purple Stone.  They're definitely one of my favorite new bands. Although, I guess they're not really "new" anymore... has it really been almost 2 years since Purple Stone began?!   Time really flies.... plus, since all three of them were in another non-VK band (HAZZE) right before forming 'Purple Stone'.... it seems even longer LoL

And I second what paradoxal said - I can't wait for them to announce a new release. I need more new music!!!   I hope 2015 will be an amazing year for them since 2014 was such a troubled year (with keiya's throat problems).

Fun fact: GAK's father was the guitarist for an 80's Japanese band called MAKE-UP. Their most famous song was "Pegasus Fantasy", which was the original OP for the anime Saint Seiya.  Seems like music ability runs in the family and it's definitely in GAK's blood :-)

Fun fact: GAK's father was the guitarist for an 80's Japanese band called MAKE-UP. Their most famous song was "Pegasus Fantasy", which was the original OP for the anime Saint Seiya. Seems like music ability runs in the family and it's definitely in GAK's blood :-)

wow i didn't know that! cool :D

i'm also glad you mentioned HAZZE. i only listened to them after Purple Stone formed, and they're soooooo good ;w; it's a shame their CDs are impossible to find now. i wish i found out about them earlier :(

i really look forward to their new songs as well!! keiya mentioned they will be performing a new song at their presents live on 27/3, so hopefully they announce a new release on that day! :D i also notice that all CRIMZON bands (incl. Gimmick. and Shonenki) don't pump out releases that frequently - it's usually at a rate of 1-2 releases per year. i don't mind at all as long as they are consistently good (as they have been until now) :)

what's everyone's favorite song?

Yeah, I found out about HAZZE and Gaku's father when I was searching for more information on Purple Stone (back in 2013). They were so new at the time, most of the information I could find was on HAZZE. And 95% was in Japanese, so I only part-way understood it LoL

Didn't HAZZE only release one mini-album when they first formed in 2010? If I remember right, I think it was limited to 100 or 500 copies. I bet that CD is more than impossible to find now :-( .... Oh, and they were also on a Christmas compilation album.

Yep, I don't mind having fewer releases if they're quality ones... but it's always in the back of my mind that if a band hasn't released new music in awhile, they're in trouble/going to break-up.  It's hard to break that mentality when 98% of VK bands follow that pattern.  It's good to hear that CRIMZON bands might be in the minority that don't LoL

Hmmm.... favorite song. That's difficult to pick only one.... I'm always partial to the first song that really catches my attention - "Scar" in this case. But I'm also REALLY loving Hysteric Lady from their latest single. 

from what i've found after scouring the internet for information, HAZZE has at least 3 releases:

- a 4-track "mini-album" 自分革命構想 which was sold at lives and online. someone actually uploaded this on MH here and the link is still active!

- a 7-track mini-album limited to 100 copies sold at their 2010/10 live only. see tracklist here

- 1 of the tracks in the Christmas omnibus album featuring GIZA studio artists

i will empty my bank for a copy of the first two lol ;<

i love both your choices! Scar and Hysteric Lady are amazing ;) my favorite is either Scar, 絵空事, or their demo songs on the CRIMZON live distros given out at the Visual Graffiti 3-man lives. arghhh its impossible to choose XDD

Oh wow... the 7 track mini-album is like the holy grail of CDs O_O

Thanks for the link to the 4 track mini-album. I never though to check old posts and it never came up in web searches.  Hmm... it seems to be a youtube rip though (their specs are nearly identical to the youtube videos that use to be public). Of course, a youtube rip is better than nothing... but hopefully a direct CD rip will eventually surface (wishful thinking LoL)

Those are some very amazing favorite song choices you have too .... it's impossible to pick just one song LoL

here (credit: ayane@jps) is the full pv of アオイヤミ in 1080p :3 it's stunning and i've been looping it non-stop :lol:

hopefully they will upload the official PV on their youtube channel~

i'm also curious about everyone's thoughts on the new single. i admit at first i didn't find it as catchy as amazuppai mango, but it has definitely grown on me big time over the last week. i'm also looking forward to getting my copy of the live-limited version so i can listen to the re-recording of Break the World (which is one of my purple stone favorites) :D

"We really put a lot of emphasis into the construction of our songs when we make our arrangements."

^ DON'T WORRY, I CAN TOTALLY TELL YOU DO ESPECIALLY BECAUSE OF AOI YAMI.

"We’re currently working on increasing the number of songs that we have that can do that."

^ GOD BLESS

Ok the responses to the island question went from 0 to 100 real quick. 

Gak: And finally… a voice recorder. I’d use it to record my final words. ‘I am dying’. At the very end, I’d sing my own requiem –

Fuma: Yourself? Are you planning suicide?

Gak: -and then when it’s found, it would be pretty dramatic.

Fuma: So even though you took water, which suggests the will to live, that isn’t really the case.

Ok the responses to the island question went from 0 to 100 real quick. 

Gak: And finally… a voice recorder. I’d use it to record my final words. ‘I am dying’. At the very end, I’d sing my own requiem –

Fuma: Yourself? Are you planning suicide?

Gak: -and then when it’s found, it would be pretty dramatic.

Fuma: So even though you took water, which suggests the will to live, that isn’t really the case.

YEAH wtf i died laughing at what Gak said omg :'DD

what does everyone think of the previews of their new tracks?

i think i need to hear more of the title track cuz i'm sure there will be something snazzy in the verse :D i'm loving the sound of their B-sides though!! <3

what does everyone think of the previews of their new tracks?

i think i need to hear more of the title track cuz i'm sure there will be something snazzy in the verse :D i'm loving the sound of their B-sides though!! <3

FUCK ALL OF THOSE SOUNDS SO GOOD