Rosebetz

the GazettE new album "DOGMA" 8/2015 release

Haha. Cuz you just know they're gonna up the creativity in the packaging from last time.

Seriously, I don't mind cashing out more for GazettE releases (albums at least) because they have the coolest packaging. 

Although, I don't know about shelf storage (Beautiful Deformity and Division know what I'm sayin'?).

God fucking damnit, the wait is just gonna get longer, and it's gonna kill me even more. -__- That was fucking great! I'm digging the composition (and it'll sound much better without the MIDI stuff in the background lol). God damn that part after the first chorus was awesome.

I saw the live clip from somewhere on Instagram (I think it was linked here already, but not sure), and I at least thought that I heard strings/a piano in the background, which had me very optimistic. I'm all for a more "symphonic" sound and less "beep-boops."

this is 2 perfect for words, but their 3 previous albums always had a highlight standout track, wonderful promo, great videos and a shit ton of filler.

hopefully, they got inspired re-listening to their own 2005 sound and arche.

this is 2 perfect for words, but their 3 previous albums always had a highlight standout track, wonderful promo, great videos and a shit ton of filler.

hopefully, they got inspired re-listening to their own 2005 sound and arche.

oh my GOD

The one thing I really liked was the quick rhythm changes roughly midway through; but other than that there's not much to say. Everything else about it has already been done by the GazettE multiple times.

I think the band forgot that there are two ways on "getting back to the roots/loved era":

1) retaining some ideas from the past, while leaving enough room for new, fresh ideas and concepts

2) Doing the same shit all over again for the sake of pleasing DIM fanboys/girls

I don't want to be a party pooper but the probability of them doing the latter is way too high. Could someone please pinpoint a few examples from their post-DIM era where they actually bothered to churn out something *fresh* (or "out of their book", a.k.a. definitely not INSIDE BEAST)? The biggest flaw in the said era is Ruki's stagnant writing w/ ideas that would have deserved a better turnout - as a case in point (thank you Stallion for reminding me): Untitled - Dripping Insanity - Last Heaven: SAME KEYS, ALMOST IDENTICAL CHORUS MELODIES, VERSE STRUCTURE...and no one emphasized this issue earlier?!

Back to the topic: the problem mentioned above concerns this live song as well - I find spazzing over an amalgamation of LEECH and Ibitsu quite silly, so to speak.

refering to the topics above. How is it bad that Ruki has been writing lyrics and vocal lines in the same sort of key. It's not really Ruki his fault to sing in a certain kind of key you have to blame the person that has invented music. Songs are going to be in the same key that is not really that weird. A key is based on 7 notes. There are in total 12 notes and how many music in the world is written with those notes. I bet you can't number that. If a song is bein written in the same key so be it there are a lot of songs in the same key. Choosing certain notes within that key to write a vocal line me be in the likes of Ruki. Maybe ruki likes singing an A after a C# okay so what it is important to write songs that people like moreover writing songs that sound unique.

And again this is indeed a  topic concerning the new album and to spectate about what people maybe think will be in this album. Not to bash early work. I get that you maybe concerned about the sound because there are things you don't like about the previous work but don't start about the key he is singing in. Or do you want him to come up with some crazy vocal line that is flat with the rest of the song? Again my opinion is not golden just saying what I am thinking when reading the comments. And I don't hold your opinion less important :mrgreen:

Songs are going to be in the same key that is not really that weird. A key is based on 7 notes. There are in total 12 notes and how many music in the world is written with those notes. I bet you can't number that. If a song is bein written in the same key so be it there are a lot of songs in the same key. Choosing certain notes within that key to write a vocal line me be in the likes of Ruki. Maybe ruki likes singing an A after a C# okay so what it is important to write songs that people like moreover writing songs that sound unique.

I feel like this tries to simplify harmony too much. Yes, in Western harmony there are 7 notes in a key; but what distinguishes a work like Bach's 2nd Brandenburg Concerto (in F) to something like Neutral Milk Hotel's King of Carrot Flowers (also in F) are all of the other components in music other than just the notes. Timbre, rhythm, orchestration, tempo, and to a lesser degree time signature all go into the crafting of a piece of music whether you're the pinnacle of Western writing (Bach) or you're a medicore guitarist and singer (Jeff Mangum from Neutral Milk Hotel). The issue, is the GazettE often find themselves never leaving a specific key due to convenience (can't include open chugging riffs to the same effect if you're in a different key, something the GazettE can't resist), and rehashing the same ideas found in the chorus (typically one chord per measure), intros, and breakdowns mainly in terms of rhythm. If it's a song that features a quicker tempo, there's a very good chance chugging guitars open the track with a synth laid over the top of it in the GazettE's current style. Once the chorus hits, the band sustains one chord as Ruki's voice ascends for two measures, then goes back down. After the chorus you're probably going to find the intro restated, which will lead you back to the same verse as before. Wash, rinse, and repeat.

While I do enjoy the song, I have to agree with Pretzy and Will...at least for now. This song, at the end of the day is really nothing fresh. Its just rehashed ideas from old songs and theres some really nice backing tracks added. This has DIM vibes written all over it. I am hoping this is just one song that this applies to. I get that the consensus here is that DIM is their best work and that people enjoy it. The band probably realizes this as well. There is nothing wrong with building from that, which i hope they do. What I will not accept is a DIM 2.0. That's literally back tracking just to please the fans and shows that they can't evolve past that peak...

Ruki has been talking hella big game on his instagram and Twitter accounts so I really hope DOGMA is a next step for the band. 

If they are going to rehash older works, I would like them to do a DIM + Stacked Rubbish combo. I really enjoyed the catchiness of Stacked Rubbish...

As for the new song, it's enjoyable, however I hope this won't be one of the leading tracks from the album as I feel Gazette has too many songs to promote their album that are like this....Leech, Suicide Circus (the pre chorus), Ibitsu, Derangement, etc...