blackdoll

The Lycaon Mourning thread

WPtlJOJg90o.jpg

But for now you can just share any memories you have with the band, or how you are feeling about the news and so on.

Me personally, I remember in my last year of high school i was super depressed because of the "now you are an adult" and you are supposed to have a plan or know what you are going to do with your life. I had no idea, and didn't see a future for myself. I didn't enjoy anything work related and knew that i was super lazy. So when i would go crazy thinking ill just end up homeless or something, Lycaon would always be there to calm me down, comfort me, and kinda cheer me up.  I always had their new releases to look forward to. It's going suck losing that drive/feeling. Honesty I'm not sure how to continue with my music, like what to listen to, should i just take a break from listening to other non-Lycaon so  i can get closer to them and be able to point out things in their disco at a moments notice. Lastly, I'm uneasy not knowing what Yuuki is going to do after.

Also I would like to request a In honor of Lycaon video like showing the vocals, breakdowns,  guitar work (riffage) and sounds they did throughout their WHOLE discography.

Also changed CO listening game to just listening to Lycaon

http://monochrome-heaven.com/index.php?/topic/33214-listening-to-lycaon-never-let-their-spirit-die-out/?p=387440

g4VomL.gif

Edited by blackdoll

I don't know what to say, I'm still too sad ;____;

it's ok, take your time.

I still remember the day I found one of their pv's on youtube...and I was in love with them...and since then they became my favorite

band...it really sucks that they are breaking up...I wish they didn't but..oh well when I woke up and seen the news my heart litherally dropped and I wanted

to fucking cry and I was ltherally shaking because I didn't wanna cry and of course I was piss off cause PEOPLE BUT ANYWAYS

I hope they come back in the future with a new band and make more kick ass music ^____^;; and I will NOT be deleting them off my phone or my computer Im gonna listen to them forever and ever and I mean that im NOT just saying that... and im gonna try and NOT cry when I watch there pv's too... *sigh* such a sad day today...

(i officially hate March 7 :3) also if you are a hater get.the.fuck.out. kbye

I'll pray for them to announce a new band that will release a full album on christmas immediately after the final live is done to heal your wounds, bb.

<3 

may lycaon rest in peace, your dedicated stanning will live with us forever. 

<3

†6†6†6†

I don't know what to say, I'm still too sad ;____;

Same. I'm surprised by how much it's upset me honestly. I just really hope they'll continue, even if not together, but still going strong with seperate bands. But definitely Yuuki. He better go on to more activities. That precious voice cannot be gone so soon. I am so serious right now, I'm not even using a GIF. x'D

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- cant believe i said that

Edited by blackdoll

I found out about Lycaon in the spring of 2009. I gave their "Ambrozia" mini album a chance and instantly fell in love. I decided to find their released singles and I considered myself a fan. It wasn't until "Royal Order" that I haven't listened to an album that much in such a short time. I listened to it going to college classes and work. While my love for them isn't as huge as it was during their earlier days of their career, I still respect them a lot. They have made a name for the band and pretty much every J-rock fan knows the name "Lycaon" by now. It's a shame they are disbanding this winter but I am certain the members will find other projects that people will follow.

I feel like lycaon was a band I was proud to have discovered on my own when they started. I followed them for a really long time, and though I stopped... I'm really stunned about this disbandment. I was under the impression that, though they were indie, they were doing just fine. They always seemed to be one of the more popular bands among the VK scene, especially with the overseas fans it seems. I still don't quite understand their reason for disbandment, but I hope they can follow healthy paths after this and stay in the music scene. I'm sorry to all the fans who must feel an unimaginable amount of grief right now. 

Ok... it is my turn...

Some years ago I was surfing through my first visual kei pv's and one of them was Plug into the Soket... but to be honest it didn't attracted me so much, maybe because I was new to the genre and I wasn't accustomed to that uncommon style. Then I got on them again when they released Mayaku/Memai and the first one really blew me out; Yuuki's light vocals and fresh rock sound accompained me during the summer of that year. Then I've enjoyed their following releases, in particular their experimental ones (Masochist Red Circus, Baka ne and Akujo no hohoemi). And then arrived Shadow and Camera Obscura (in my honest opinion their best album ever!) and I was already thinking of what should have been their next step...

And then... this sudden announcement...

I am still not realizing what is really going on... I only know that a little piece of my heart will go away this November... 

For other bands which I enjoyed I didn't feel so bad, but for them it was really unexpected, because of their great success...

And when they came in Europe with Born they didn't came in my country and I won't never see them live, which is great hit...

I hope the best for them...

I loved them when they started, when MIO using different masks and played great :) Next period when those jazzy sounds was involved I abandoned them. Lately I've wathced few clips from 2014/15 and woaa they back for good...but now disbanding would not help the scene (which collapsing).

In the end I feel sorry for them....

Found out about them when they released their 1st single. It was pretty nice and powerful, so I stuck around following their next few releases. I lost interest when they had their 1st album out, I felt it was too boring and unremarkable. So I kinda forgot about them, but then they unleashed that juicy beast called EROS and I was like "uhmmm... whoah" :'DDDDDDDDD So ridiculous yet so good, with all the sleazy SADS-y vibes. That kind of "erotic kei" became my fav era of theirs. Then they sporadically had some good tunes here and there, but again they kinda faded into "i don't care" territory. Still, sad to see them go...

I remember when my friend was like "You have to check out this band!" and he sent me the link to the Plug into the Soket pv. Honestly feels so long ago and it's weird to see them disband. Camera obscura had some decent tunes, but Im kinda more into their Jesus and Aventure era.

I remember when VK was still new to me and I searched on YT for Bands I might like. I loved them in the very first moment!

after some weeks I heard about their EU tour, several minutes later I found myself ordering two tickets without the confirmation of my parents, without having a second person to go with, no plan, nothing but I just couldn't miss this chance I mean IT IS Lycaon HOW COULD I NOT GO?? although it was a huge mess (came up with several plans, how should I get there? should I tell my parents or not? looking for someone who would go with me etc.) but I don't regret it in the slightest no matter how stressed these weeks were.. god damn I would do it again! I got to know many new people who share the same interest, gained new experience it was such an unforgettable night,  Lycaon is Indeed LOVE

This is still pretty shocking tho...

tumblr_ncgiga1gmy1sdruj7o5_250.giftumblr_njtirjbJ5h1tg6wb8o1_r1_400.gif

to remind myself of how much they gave to me and to remind myself that in 243 days will be the worst day of the year not going to take it off till then

11034308_957902197583227_464268577811379

they say when you kill someone you lose a piece of your soul, but where is the saying about when Lycaon says they are finishing?

This sudden disbandment is too friggin sudden. Like I still don't get it, even after reading the member comments. Camera Obscura was pretty banging. Goes to show you that we really don't know what goes on behind closed doors. But this is typical indies VK. The members are established enough to find new projects so they'll be good.

it gets easier, but you'll never forget

Pretty sure I found out about them on youtube after clicking the video for Rose after watching a MEJIBRAY video (took forever for me, I know).  I was hooked before it was even over then preceded to watch every Lycaon video on the internet. Like a few hours later, I ordered MRC haha. (My first VK purchase in a long time) It was instant love and I have never stopped listening or loving them since.

I'm still fucking sad as hell and it sucks. I am just hoping for the best. ;___;

WARNING: EUOLGY AHEAD!! GREAT WALLS OF TEXT!!

I discovered Lycaon sometime between late 2011 and early 2012, when I checked out a split CD they did with R指定, called 果し状. I heard R指定's cover of "the [1st] degree genocide holic" and wanted to discover Lycaon, so I checked out their song previews on iTunes, and downloaded their album “嘘と女と『   』,” and found it all quite interesting. I found the song "Jesus," and was absolutely amazed. The first instance of loving Lycaon. Other songs from the album weren’t what I expected, but still pretty cool. Shortly after, I checked out “Royal Order,” and songs like "Declaration of war" and "非雨" became instant favourites of mine.

Around this time, they released a single that just didn't jibe with me (麻薬/眩暈-めまい-), but I wasn't going to leave them. I continued to follow the band, but I just didn't consider them a big favourite of mine.

Fast forward to early 2013 when their single "薔薇 ~Rose~" comes out, and I'm delighted to hear their improved sound. I listened to it a few times here and there, was highly impressed by "朦朧." And then in September, we get "MASOCHIST RED CIRCUS," a step in a whole new direction. While I didn't listen to the whole thing until several months ago, I immediately noticed "覚醒" and "雨音の輪舞曲," both of which I fell in love with. Early 2014, "馬鹿ね。" and "悪女の微笑" came out, and while I downloaded them, I never made a point to listen to them. Although songs like "馬鹿ね。" and "月は無慈悲な夜の女王" would come up in iTunes shuffles time to time, and I would be impressed.

Later that year, a music video preview of a new single called "Shadow" surfaced, and I was intrigued. I wanted more. And when the single was released, I listened to it immediately, and I fell in love with the single! I fell in love with Lycaon. All three tracks from the single were astonishing! I was so happy, and then I figured out about this new album coming out called "Camera obscura," and I was BEYOND excited for it. Gearing up for the album, I've seen the band's past works in a different light. I listened to the "馬鹿ね。" and "悪女の微笑" singles, just getting more and more fucking PUMPED for the new album. And when I heard the actual album, I of course fell in love with it. A few songs took some growing, but I love the album so much (despite the shitty production quality)!

But of course, shortly after, Lycaon announced a disbandment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Lycaon will disband” was the first thing I saw when I turned my phone on and thought it was a prank; then I found out it is so very real, and I was in a mixture of deep shock and disbelief that something like this would happen. While the (online) “memorial service” I attended (nearly all of) that day was fun, I was still very sad that they made this decision. The past few days all in all have been highly stressful, this disbanding contributing to it.

It’s funny. I have always said that “I didn’t fall in love with Lycaon until Shadow,” but going over this story so many times in my head, I realise that I have always loved something about them in some way since the beginning. There have been songs that I have fallen in love with since day one. I may have been cynical of their “Erotic era,” but some kind of love was still there.

We’re all searching the internet up and down and scratching our heads for theories about why this is happening and what could happen after the end, but we won’t know until it happens. Lycaon is a wonderful band, that has created wonderful music that I hope I can still enjoy happily after they disband. For whatever reason that may exist, they (mutually, I assume) made this decision and are surely at peace with it. For that reason, I want to be able to make peace with their decision too, but I know that it will be a long and difficult process…

Lycaon are still here with us, and I am very excited for their last single coming soon, but I will miss them dearly when they officially leave us.

Early 2014, "馬鹿ね。" and "悪女の微笑" came out, and while I downloaded them, I never made a point to listen to them. Although songs like "馬鹿ね。" and "月は無慈悲な夜の女王" would come up in iTunes shuffles time to time, and I would be impressed.

月は無慈悲な夜の女王, is from gossip. but anyway for me it was similar. around 2011-2012  on youtube trying to find bands to listen to because my old "music" was trash. I made note of Lycaon as a metal band, but then listen to eros and such and was like what? I still liked it and thought it was good, but favored metal Lycaon. fast forward a little bit Lycaon was my number 5, then I remember loving the previews mayaku/memei even though they were "crappy" demo ver. (not sure if they moved up). Anyway from that point on they were the only band that was always flawless, and i always loved everything. Became my drug and healer in life, so yeah obsessed because other band (in vk) just come in go like season, Lycaon was constant, like they were thinking about me. and Rose was when i realized yuuki's valuable (for whole disco).

the more i listen to them, the more i fucking love them!

A little something

Roses are red and Violets are blue, Lycaon I love you

Hoes want want sex, i just want you

Fatties want food, but I just want you to know starving with out

Alcoholics need a drink, my eyes just need to hear you

Gamblers want to bet, i just want to bet on you

Horses run, I listen

Soldiers fight for their contries, I fight for you

without you what future is there?

You were there holding my hand in the light

You were the light in the darkness

You were there when i was reborn

without you what shall i do?

...I just now saw this, I can't get myself to believe this is really happening... I don't normally get attached to a lot of the VK bands that are around nowadays, but they were so good and managed to stay relevant for 7 years and still going strong... I think I'm gonna cry ;___;