Trombe

Lycaon will disband & new maxi single "ジプシー(gypsy)" release

Never really got into them, but it shows how the "big name" VK bands are decaying. Next up: Sadie?

Oh no... it should be an harder hit :(

What would they turn into though? Usually these digivolution bands become a lot more...colorful afterwards.

not necessary - camera obscura was, like, their heaviest release. I think it's a combination of creative differences, burn out, and this band having too much assorted material through the years.

I expect a para:noir -> d.i.d. kind of development coming after tbh.

^ I felt royal order was a lot heavier.

Also if Sadie breaks up, eh. I mean I like them a lot more than Lycaon but after Cold Blood, they kinda aren't relevant anymore.

Also if Sadie breaks up, eh. I mean I like them a lot more than Lycaon but after Cold Blood, they kinda aren't relevant anymore.

honestly, I am surprised sadie still haven't kaisaned. if they're sustainable doing the same uninspired thing for almost 10 years for now, more power to them tbh.

Sadie is a good band come on even if the last album sucked.

Lycaon has never been good, not at all... but rest in peace! And i feel sorry for the fans.

This kind of statement is the fastest way to start a flame war. Please refrain from doing that again.

Sad to hear them come to this point. Even though I wasn't particularly in love with them as much as I used to be when they first started but it is sad to see them go. I am sure they will make their remaining months very memorable. 

A Para:noir > D.I.D. Deal would be wonderful

you mean like most members from previous with new members?

Rose was the last track that hooked me by Lycaon.  Royal Order was an outstanding album and was what drew me into their sound.  I will miss them, but can digest this better than when bands like Code Rebirth and D'espairsRay ended.

I just started to really like them T__T and now they disbanding TAT i can't deal with all the good bands disbanding anymore :'(

here is an another reason, from the japanese vk forum tanuki, the translation is from fuckyeahtanuki.tumblr.com:

"Lycaon's Breakup

Okay Lycaon fans, I’ve been stalking the thread about Lycaon’s breakup, and the only thing I can come up with is that there is a lot of speculation that they’re breaking up mostly to get away from their management (Shimizuya Records), who overwork them and don’t give them enough money. There has been a lot of talk about how Lycaon is overworked and has no time to rest basically for years on tanuki, and the speculation is that they’ve finally reached a breaking point.

There are some people who are skeptical of this explanation (like, “They’ve been with this company for so many years, so there has to be more to it than just that” etc. etc.) as well as a lot of people being hopeful that it’s true because they think that means Lycaon might come back under another management company, perhaps with a different name."

This doesn't seem real. I hope they come back, I'm going to miss them tremendously . I always thought that if all my favorites would disband I'd still have lycaon....seems like that cannot be. Rest In Peace Lycaon, ferni will always love you.

here is an another reason, from the japanese vk forum tanuki, the translation is from fuckyeahtanuki.tumblr.com:

"Lycaon's Breakup

Okay Lycaon fans, I’ve been stalking the thread about Lycaon’s breakup, and the only thing I can come up with is that there is a lot of speculation that they’re breaking up mostly to get away from their management (Shimizuya Records), who overwork them and don’t give them enough money. There has been a lot of talk about how Lycaon is overworked and has no time to rest basically for years on tanuki, and the speculation is that they’ve finally reached a breaking point.

There are some people who are skeptical of this explanation (like, “They’ve been with this company for so many years, so there has to be more to it than just that” etc. etc.) as well as a lot of people being hopeful that it’s true because they think that means Lycaon might come back under another management company, perhaps with a different name."

Do seem legit. Maybe they're bounded by contract to release an album and a single. Hence Camera obscura and Gypsy? Do believe they may come back under a new name.

Do seem legit. Maybe they're bounded by contract to release an album and a single. Hence Camera obscura and Gypsy? Do believe they may come back under a new name.

I really hope that.

That Tanuki post seems like a super screwed up way to try and bring false hope to mourning fans. Also, that site is mostly bull.

Let the band do its thing and fade out.