Trombe

A9(Alice Nine) 将(show) & 虎(tora) new project "DIAWOLF" & A9 START-UP EP "銀河ノヲト" release

Phoenix has its moments where it dips a bit too much into 'typical repetitive Alice Nine song' territory for me, most notably in the chorus, but on the whole there's a lot more interesting songwriting going on here than in any of the stuff they released with PSC post-Gemini. I've always had a love-hate relationship with A9; I think, without a doubt, that they're talented enough to write fantastic music and they've proven that in flashes in the past, but at the same time they've repeatedly under-delivered by producing repetitive, dull and generic drivel for large portions of their career. Nevertheless, they seem to have some sort of fire lit under them since this whole PSC split happened and I respect their decision as well as their potential songwriting ability enough that I'm going to keep an eye on them for the immediate future.

As for DIAWOLF, it doesn't sound too far removed from the A9 track, but it's nice enough for what it is. I feel like I need to hear more before I can say how I feel about the project as a whole, though. Also, I can't be the only person who thought "What the hell is kenji03 doing in this PV?" at 0:21 xD

Not impressed with DIAWOLF. There is a bit of ONE OK ROCK going on there.

As for Alice Nine, their song Phoenix sounded more interesting.

Not impressed with DIAWOLF. There is a bit of ONE OK ROCK going on there.

As for Alice Nine, their song Phoenix sounded more interesting.

Agree!

Ekhm..what I just watched? one of thousands bands from west scene. Oh I get it, modern Japan need that kind of western crp now. They should do coupling tour ..hmm maybe with Beyonce or Black Veil Bride, doesn't matter. Please turn back the time or stop producing that kind of lame music. That remind me the end of Eliphas Levi.

Im done VK is dead!

I bought time machine and going for VK party with Vasalla and With Sexy...and not coming back.

I thought Phoenix was alright, but I can't seem to stop playing it in my car. Same goes for Rebellion. I hope we hear more melodic music from A9.
Hiroto and Tora need to do more of the production. I love Saga, but I miss the sort of music the other two would produce, especially Hiroto.

DIAWOLF > A9, I love the New Sounds of A9 , but DIAWOLF's dynamite of 将+虎 is just Woooooof !!
Can not wait for DIAWOLF music and A9 new material !!

I think that they are showing an energy that they have lacked for a long time. Shou is shown wearing a black fox mask decked with Swarovski crystalsThis mask covers the vocalist face to represent the challenge of redefining visual rock. This is from the article in jpopasia so definitely go read that post. I'm happy to hear some new music from A9 and to know that they may be reinvigorated and ready to make music they always wanted to make.

The new song already shows a lot of promise and has some really nice instrumentals and Shou's voice sounds better than ever, as for DIAWOLF, it doesn't really suit my personal taste but I'm happy that they are experimenting and splitting it into two separate projects, I'm glad A9 isn't going crazy dubstep and instead is sticking with rock mixed with traditional Japanese music, it gives us fans options and I appreciate that. Sorry for the long message but just my opinion!

The last song I ever liked by them is Senkou.

Phoenix is fine, but it still has a poppish touch that you know, after a time you grow bored of the song.

Super pumped about this. Are they still Alice Nine or are they just A9? Hmmm~! I'm gonna try to support this project because I feel like they will now be able to do an American tour now that they aren't being controlled by PSC. ;O; Maybe they will double team NA with Miyavi. ;O; That'd be sick. 

Pretty sure PSC came up with the name and chose the members from indies bands. They did the same for almost all of their bands I'm pretty sure. Gave them a script on how they formed their band like "Oh we decided it over ramen after going around looking at members we liked from other bands." Just like how ViViD has a fake origin story and such. PSC bands are "super bands" and aren't all that genuine. Alice Nine and Kaggra, were probably one of the few genuine bands. And the song REBELLION can pretty much show you how much they were owned by PSC. Not even their band name was theirs and Shou had to go from that stage name to Show. I've been aware of how shady PSC is since around 05 and 06 when MYV was having his issues and got fired for knocking a girl up because they thought it would hurt his sales. Blah blah blah.

^ *Just realizing Shou changed his official stage name to Show. I thought everyone was just being stupid.*

Someone please end the pain

PSC bands are "super bands" and aren't all that genuine. 

well, gazette is tomomi's most relevant revenue that started on matina, and RAVE -c&p kanji on your own- were also signed as a full band that didn't go through the super band member recruiting thing.

I don't remember how sug started, though.

the copyright thing might explain miyavi's transformation from miyabi to having a career before becoming MYV and what is his current stage name idk

The thought of PSC forming bands just like you see it in pop music crossed my mind before I wrote my previous comment.

I remember an interview with Alice Nine that I had to translate back in 2008 and the interviewer asked them about the origin of their band name and they said something like there wasn't a real motivation behind it. Now it makes sense.

Shou (Sorry, er, Show) just tweeted a new setlist:

本日list

Rebellion

Heavenly Dark

MC

Everlasting Flavor

smells like teen spirit

VICTIM INFERNO

でした、早く音源出したい

Judging by the name of the tracks, I'm assuming those are going to be for Diawolf

^ Yeah, DIAWOLF held their first gig today, so that must be it.

also, wondering if "smells like teen spirit" is a cover or...? XD

Nice looking track titles and stuuffff..

Shou singing Cobain lyrics.. Idk how that will sound >_> Maybe that should remain a TAKA(OOR) thing lmao.

A9 HIROTO BIRTHDAY GIG & FAN MEETING 2015 will be held at Kichijouji CLUB SEATA at 2015/05/04

HIROTO birthday special band members:
guest Vo.逹瑯(tatsurou) (MUCC)
Gt.&Vo.HIROTO (A9)
Gt.TAKUTO (about tess)
Ba.TOKIE (THE LIPSMAX)
Dr.SASABUCHI HIROSHI (ex-Plastic Tree, now in CQ)

well, gazette is tomomi's most relevant revenue that started on matina, and RAVE -c&p kanji on your own- were also signed as a full band that didn't go through the super band member recruiting thing.

I don't remember how sug started, though.

the copyright thing might explain miyavi's transformation from miyabi to having a career before becoming MYV and what is his current stage name idk

I think the conversation about this has died down already, but I want to add that SuG started independently iirc. They were signed to PSC only after appearing on some V.A. (their song sucked, but PSC must've seen Takeru's potential to sell).

Not counting these newer bands, I think RHYOLITE/ViViD is the only band they blatantly manufactured; SCREW and D=OUT were on SPEEDDISK for a while, BORN started as RENNY AMY (and then some other name later on) a long time ago, Gazette was on Matina, Kagrra, was related to KEY PARTY when they were still called CROW, etc. Not sure about Alice Nine (or Kra, but they're irrelevant) though.