Trombe

A9(Alice Nine) 将(show) & 虎(tora) new project "DIAWOLF" & A9 START-UP EP "銀河ノヲト" release

A9(Alice Nine) SHOW OHARA & TORA AMANO new project "DIAWOLF" will hold their first live at Shibuya SOUND MUSEUM VISION at 2015/03/15, and their new one-coin single "Rebellion" will be released at 2015/04/12 (500yen)

biography.jpg

http://diawolf.com/

A9 Crowd Funding Project has formed with target funding amount 5,000,000yen, and their START-UP EP "銀河ノヲト(ginga no oto)" will be released in 2015/08

http://a9-project.com/

Why the mask tho, Shou? Did you have your face done?

Other than that, neato song (Phoenix, that is)

Edit: so that Diawolf banger is basically about departing from PSC? Edgy.

Wow.

After 9 and then Supernova I became much less of a fan of the band, which was possibly my favorite up until (and including) Gemini.

From then on I saw that the band changed a lot, and always seemed overworked while having uncharacteristic output gaps in content (same as SuG before they left).

Now I see that they are making a statement about themselves and how they feel, and I not only like the music more, and have that old feeling back where I can`t wait to see what they do next, I also respect them much more.

Rebellion is obvious in terms of what they are saying, as is the Phoenix title. But I could also interpret the mask he is wearing as another form of `rebellion` as they started really pushing Shou as a pretty-boy for fans, and started heavily marketing their looks more and coming out with different editions of CD`s with designs based only around each member`s faces (similar marketing started for ViViD, based all around their good looks). So I find it cool that they made a PV not showing his face, putting more emphasis on the music.

As for the crowd-funding, I was not sure how to feel, since I know they are still a huge draw in terms of CD sales and tickets as well as merchandise, so I wondered why they needed to do this, and checked out the official page for it as well as some more info.

On the page itself, they talk about not agreeing with the way sales are done, getting people to buy the same stuff, and charting etc... And that they were being moved away from what they felt was an emphasis on making good music, to an emphasis on something else. So it seems they are using crowdfunding to have more control over their own work, and develop a new kind of relationship with their fans.

My main issues would be that we are kind of paying twice for the product, since we already buy the albums, tickets, etc... And that some fans would pay larger amounts, although it`s their own money and their own decision, and due to the size of their fan-base, if theoretically 50k people put in 100 yen each, then the project is fulfilled. I`ll see how it develops.

Just my thoughts on the news.

EDIT:

Crowd-Fund Project is to fund the recording, PV shoot, and other things like promotional material, so they can do it all independently. When they reach their target they will also make an additional PV. Any additional funds raised will be used to `increase quality` of their works in terms of recording, equipment used, etc... They will show all financial data, and gifts for supporters include early access to tracks, HD tracks, track data (such as vocal only, drum only tracks, etc...) And I just noticed the page has an English option so everyone should be able to read it.

But btw what is that Fund project?

They still ask a lot of money. 5,000,000 Japanese yen... for real?
I'm not joining that project. XD

anyway here working link for DIAWOLF

For now, I'm not going to support DIAWOLF

That new A9 song, I APPROVE. Good to have them back, and with such a strong (re)start.

DIAWOLF sounds kinda meh/not bad so far.

I'm really glad to see bands going to the crowd funding route. I'm excited to hear the new mini album. I'm wondering though. Do they have a large enough following in japan and overseas to reach that crowd funding goal? 

I'm really glad to see bands going to the crowd funding route. I'm excited to hear the new mini album. I'm wondering though. Do they have a large enough following in japan and overseas to reach that crowd funding goal? 

nya its not that much if you think in dollars.. its about 42000,- dollar. which they want to get.

I was just thinking the other day that I hope we hear from them soon since they left PSC a while ago. Gotta love the message this whole project delivers lol, DIAWOLF is cool but seems like it could just be an A9 song minus the synth which I am less than in love with. The song is okay but the style has so much more promise. Pheonix is impressive, visually different and really sounds like they took extra time for memorable songwriting as opposed to anything on Supernova.

I wish I could fund this movement myself loll

Diawolf - interesting in its way...

A9's Phoenix - it has their typical style but it is good :)

Shortly I am happy of their comeback :)

diawolf is embarrassing tbh

I'm not sure why 5 kk yen number is amusing anyone: if PSC no longer takes care of their management, promotion, etc., they have to hire someone to do that, along with typical vk band expenses.

they will not be releasing same singles in 4 types from now and this is a pre-order thing (you pay $30 to get a single a week ahead, there will be store copies offered later), so liiiiike

amanda palmer's million dollar ks didn't really upset anyone back than?

^ I agree. Especially since looking on here, it seems a lot of us (including myself) don't have the funds to actually buy most of the stuff that Japanese bands make. See it as another way to support the band if you can't actually buy their products. Why would you be supportive of a band that has no management and has to do everything independently now, but not support them asking for help from their LOYAL fans to keep them afloat or at least lighten the burden so they can continue to make quality music for YOU to enjoy? I don't support the whole "they should just do it for the love of music." and not be realistic about the expenses they have to take care of which their label use to do for them. 

DIAWOLF "Rebellion" - decent song, but I don't think I'd put it on replay or anything. Looking forward to more.

A9 "Phoenix" - oooohhh, you sly devils! It was great! 

I'm pretty confused by most of this, but what I do have to say is both of those songs are incredible in their own ways. I think I might prefer Diawolf's a little more, but both are solid and promising.

Well that made it obvious that PSC turned this band into the giant heap of turd that it was.
I liked Givuss, and I liked A9's early work, but man the stuff they released the last few years was horrible.

This new song shows that they can write songs, and definitely can play their instruments (that bass was pretty awesome yo). I'm intrigued. It's not stellar or amazing, but it's heaps better than their previous stuff.

As for Diawolf, not bad. Some cool riffs and the vocals are good, but that shitty pronunciation... meh. Also, no way in hell did Shou write those lyrics by himself, haha.

Oh, and I also hope they can get this crowdfunding thing going. Respect for their stance on (their) music and the way VK labels whore out musicians.

DIAWOLF seems interesting (: I think the message behind Rebellion is cool, a good idea but the song was well not bad.. let's see

but hell yeah Phoenix! *-* glad to hear something new from them again!!