Sign in to follow this  
Aferni

V.A「DEEP MORE DEEP#2」

Okay so this was the visual compilation released on Christmas Eve of 2014 and today I shall be reviewing this unique piece.

cpr-013-cover.jpg

PARTICIPATING ARTISTS: THE BLACK SWAN, Nihilizm, Varyl, Fixer

1.) Nihilizm - Be Above Posibility

This track was fucking sick, racing and heavy starting off but then the chorus is a transition I hadn't expected. I really don't listen to nihilizm as because hearing that they are a D.I.D. rip off so I was like...fuck that BUT, but... they sound pretty nice so I'll check them out in the near future. The vocalist could try a little harder in projecting his vocals but whatever baby.

★★★☆ out of ★★★★

2.) ヴァリル(VARYL) - 災 (Wazawai)

Now again like above, I don't listen to Varyl because i just never fuckin heard of them. This track makes me  wish I never did, Listen to the track I mean.. this track was absolutely agonizing for me to listen to. It sounds like the lead singer is passing a kidney stone, his vocal vibration is just about as bad as Tsuzuku's new found strained vocal vibration. This track was not for me at all. AT ALL.

☆☆☆☆ out of ★★★★

3.) Fixer - F.P.D

Now THIS WAS FUCKING GREAT. It's so smooth, so adrenaline pumping , so fresh. I need to give Fixer a try, I was honestly impressed with this track. Fixer was def a contender for number one but you already know who that is. Honestly I love this and I love them now but onto number one.

★★★★ out of ★★★★

4.) THE BLACK SWAN - INSIDE SILENCE 

THE BEST TRACK. EVER BECAUSE WHY? BECAUSE JIN's VOCALS. SORRY FOR BEING BIASED BUT YOU ALREADY KNOW BABY HONEY CHILD, But seriously this track was absolutely Amazing and grasped my very soul. THE BLACK SWAN's material so far is solid as iron. The composition was splendid, the back up vocals were also splendid aswell as the breakdown being pretty fuckin sweet

★★★★ out of ★★★★

This V.A was pretty okay aside from Varyl's track. I look forward to 

「DEEP MORE DEEP#3」

AND A HUGE SHOUT OUT TO THE REVEREND FOR POSTING AND BUYING THIS RELEASE FOR TO SHARE WITH ALL HIS GLORIOUS CHILDREN AT MH I LYBBY <3

I liked this V.A. too (I'd gladly buy this one again, the first one I'd probably skip if I could do it over). My quick thoughts on a track-by-track basis.

Nihilizm - I love this song. It prompted me to buy a couple older CDs of theirs as this is the first I'd heard them. Those discs are not as good... but this track is their most recent output so I'm going to believe they're improving and their new singles in April will kick ass. :4.5:

Varyl - I dig the part about 2/3 of the way through where they keep speeding up that short guitar lick and then add some maniacal laughing, but other than that section it's pretty average. :3.0:

Fixer - I don't like this one as much as Aferni. It's solid but forgettable: when it comes on I mostly just want to go listen to the way better 'decaying beauty' from their last single. :2.5:

The Black Swan - God damn check out that bass run @ 2:55 leading into the screamy bridge with fake-choral vocals peeking through in the background leading into a competent guitar solo. The only thing I dislike is the like broom sweeping/air pressure release valve sound throughout the song that really adds nothing. :4.5:

The only thing I dislike is the like broom sweeping/air pressure release valve sound throughout the song that really adds nothing.

I have to agree with Reverend. It sounds like someone using an air pump and banging on a wood floor.

I only listened to THE BLACK SWAN's track because I don't care about the other bands. Great song, one of their best so far actually!

This is why you are sexy.

Sign in to follow this