Bear

The big TV-series discussion thread

But to a teenager the smallest problem might seem like the biggest, heaviest problem in the world at the moment, and when you feel like shit is going against you all the time the smaller problems just gets bigger.  Even if it's your own fault as with the episode with the money, when you're already down and do something like that you don't excactly get any higher.  There's not any need for big problems when you're a teen. A small one can so easily be more than tough enough on its own. And the problems are typical, I agree, but not everyone can deal with typical. For some people the typical is enough to make you cut yourself, commit suicide, kill someone or whatever bad shit people do.

watching Orange Is the New Black. maaaaan, i was always putting this show aside because i thought it would be a crappy one but it fact it's fucking great and hilarious! so many interesting characters there. season 2 finale was so fucking good, totally loved it! i wonder if they'll manage to top it. currently i'm in the middle of season 3 now, which is less interesting than second one. but still a great stuff.

ongoing shite:

- Fargo s3 is a bit disappointing. i had really high expectation after such amazing two seasons. very slow development and not so many ~Fargo-esque~ characters. nonetheless, this is still one of the best active tv series. 

- Prison Break s5 is pretty much as crappy as i've expected it to be. the whole spirit of this show has been entirely lost in the 4th season and now it's just like poking a dead body. but well 5th season is still better than 4th, so i'll keep watching it.

- Better Call Saul s3 is awesome. best season so far. really hope it'll get at least 2 more seasons.

I support your call on Better Call Saul season 3. It's just fabolous, and so many great characters appearing. I'm the only one in the whole fucking world who thinks this, but as much as I adore and love Breaking Bad I think Better Call Saul is better. In a different way of course as the series are very different, but Saul and Mike were my favourite characters in Breaking Bad so getting to see this much of them really pleases me, as well as several of the others who reprises their roles. So much fun!

and what do you think about new Fargo? have you seen it already?

marathoned remaining 2 seasons of OITNB during the weekend. damn, their season finales are so fucking melodramatic. making my cold-frozen black heart to melt down and go all crai-crai ;w; so tempted now to watch those leaked 10 episodes from upcoming season. but on the other side they could have differences and it might ruin some stuff there for me. these gurls are so amazing, i really love most of them, as well as hate some others (like Black Cindy, maaaan, i hate that bitch lol).

Not seen the new Fargo yet.

Started and finished Master of None season 2 yesterday. Season 1 was amazing (8/10) but season 2 is a big step up in terms of quality, consistency and about being unique. Top notch!

2 hours ago, Bear said:

Started and finished Master of None season 2 yesterday. Season 1 was amazing (8/10) but season 2 is a big step up in terms of quality, consistency and about being unique. Top notch!

Finished up Master of None yesterday as well. I'd agree the second season is well worthwhile (I never really cared about the 'black virus' movie story arc from the first season).

I do think 'Mornings' from Season 1 is still the best single episode though. Just rang really true to me.

Currently watching a series called The Keepers on Netflix and it's pretty good so far, I'm a sucker for crime documentaries 

Two episodes into the new season of Twin Peaks and so far it just couldn't have been any better. It's weird and surreal and extremely Twin Peaksy. Holy shit this is good!

watched a few things:

- Utopia (such a shame it was cancelled, 3rd season would've been exactly what this series needed. still first 2 seasons are great, they have amazing atmosphere)

- Master of None (not really a funny comedy, but it's pretty sweet/cute. have to say i actually enjoyed it and i liked Aziz Ansari here much more than in Parks and Recreations)

- Halt and Catch Fire (a gem for people who like IT-related stuff. and this series depicts mid-80's - everything was so old school back then. really interesting to watch!)

- Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency (surprisingly great stuff, considering people claiming that this is an utter shit. time travelling usually makes my eyes roll but in this show it wasn't bad at all. and lots of awesome characters here too!)

- Broadchurch (i only watched one season so far, and disregarding that it looks like another The Killing clone, i mostly enjoyed it. hopefully 2nd and 3rd seasons will be also good)

Edited by Gaz

Better Call Saul S3 - I love this show, but this season is so slow... It didn't bother me before, but for some reason I'm getting restless watching this.

Sense8 S2 - Loving it of course.

The Bates Motel S2 - I only picked this up because I have a crush on Vera Farmiga and wanted to see her doing some taboo stuff with Freddy Highmore, now I'm hooked. Her acting as an unstable, manipulative and creepy mother is awesome. This series is frustrating and annoying to watch and the drama keeps me on the edge of my seat.

13 minutes ago, Gaz said:

watched a few things:

- Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency (surprisingly great stuff, considering people claiming that this is an utter shit. time travelling usually makes my eyes roll but in this show it wasn't bad at all. and lots of awesome characters here too!)

This series is just really underrated ATM. I thought it was awesome, and I am sure this will pick up a cult following with time. It's just got everything to make it a cult series. I really enjoyed it.

Finally watched season 2 of Narcos and holy fuck, this is some bloody crazy shit. I loved every aspect of it and I would re-watch it again and again.  This is how a well directed and produced tv show looks like, regardless of the accuracy of some historical facts (that Pablo's son been bitching about). First season was extraordinary and second season was simply just mind blowing.

Now, I understand why the show has been renewed for a third and fourth season, but I find that the two first seasons could have been enough. Of course you won't see me complaining, but I hope this doesn't get uninteresting. 

that 6th episode of Fargo was soooo good! that's the real Fargo i remember and love <333 shit is about to hit the fan.

I finally finished Black Sails. It's impressive how it went from being a bland adventure series with uninteresting, and mostly annoying characters and dull dialogue in season 1 to become one of the best series around in season 2, with an amazing character gallery, fantastic dialogue and more a character driven drama than anything else. That being said, season 1 is far from the worst thing I've seen. It's decent entertainment, but if it wasn't for the fact that I love pirates I would not have given season 2 a chance at all. Had it been about vikings I would not have seen season 2. And it's really refreshing with a series that knows when to call its quit, rather than to go on and on because they can. Because they could've made 4 more seasons of this series, but ending with season 4 is simply genius. At its best, this series is just up there with the best seasons of Game of Thrones, if not better.

Season 1 - 6/10

Season 2 - 10/10

Season 3 - 10/10

Season 4 - 10/10

And I also started on Fargo season 3 today. I'm only one episode in, but so far this feels like Fargo all the way, just like season 1 and 2 did. This series, man. So god damned good!

I'm fucking finally done watching the last season of Dexter, and I was a bit skeptical since most of my friends were telling me about how the episode final sucked. Well, I don't agree at all. This is possibly the best finale the series could have wished for. I loved how it ended and it left me speechless. Not gonna say anything more than that in case a few of you didn't watched the series but hell, if you still haven't you must give it a go. One of my favorite TV shows ever. I'm happy I watched it. 

Lately I've watched and finished:

Firefly - fantastic space western that's built around fantastic, colorful characters. Space ships and lazer guns, horse and shotguns. My first rewatch, and I probably liked it even better now.

Generation Kill - as with Firefly this is my first rewatch, and I'll have to admit that I consider this as good as Band of Brothers, which I will compare it too as both are war mini-series of the highest quality. Superb in every way, and few TV-series has as many memorable quotes as this gem.

The Night Of - holy cow! This took me off guard. Superbly written, well-acted and beautifully directed. This crime drama blends plenty elements of previous HBO classics like Oz and The Wire, and it does it well. I also like how it comments on the justice system and prison. John Turturro just too good throughout the entire series.

Also, we get Omar Little, Bodie Broadus and Errol Childress in one and the same series here. Oh daaaaayum!

Not seen the series it is based on btw.

tried to watch A Series of Unfortunate Events and The Get Down but gave up after a few episodes. not really the kinds of series that i enjoy watching. 

watched new season of House of Cards and it was awesome as expected. Kevin Spacey did a splendid job out there once again. i was prepared that this would be show's last season, but somehow they pulled it off so there's enough material for one or even two more seasons. 

also watched Big Little Lies. at first they got me hooked up by that "mysterious" murder, which turned out to be quite disappointing in the end. the characters (and actors themselves) were pretty good, especially Nicole Kidman and Alexander Skarsgård's characters. too bad the plot didn't offer much. 

now strated watching Justified. looks good so far and there's Walton Goggins, so bonus points for that. 

Started on Hap and Leonard earlier today. Been interested in this series for a long time and thought it was about time I started. Two episodes in and so far it's damn fucking good. Omar fuckin' Little again, and Michael K. Williams is amazing as always. And Christina Hendricks. As good as she's hot. And it looks very interesting, and the elements of dark comedy pleases me.

Will probably finish it tomorrow. Looking forward to it.

Picked up Hannibal s1 recently, am about halfway through at this point. Will most likely continue with the subsequent seasons as well, as I'm enjoying the stylish murder scenes. 

I've also been following the first season of American Gods, and so far I'm still enjoying it. Sure, it deviates from the book in places, but i'm more than ok with some of the deviations from the original plot we've seen so far (such as giving Mad Sweeney more screentime)

finished 5th season of Orange Is The New Black yesterday and maaaaaan, it was fucking amazing! first half of the season was pretty slow, yet still great. second half was very intense and awesome. and that season finale! T__T i love/hate such season finales because even though they are fucking awesome, it is still painful to wait 1 year for the next season, ughhhhh. love ya gurls, see you in a year <333

started watching danish political drama Borgen. 5 episodes in and have to say it's quite enjoyable. and some great actors too. i'm glad i decided to check this one out.

also still watching Justified (in the middle of season 2 now). i mostly like the plot and characters, but already sick of that hillbilly's accent and cliché wannabe-cowboy phrases. FX's censorship doesn't do it much justice either.

watched American Gods because of the hype. it was pretty good, especially i enjoyed the visual effects. as for the plot, it was a bit boring but still mostly enjoyable. liked Laura Wood's arc most of all.

also started American Crime Story and judging by 3 episodes it seems to be alright to watch. O. J. Simpson is quite annoying tho. or maybe Cuba is just trying too hard there.

I was at home, kinda sick, so I figured this would be as good as a time as any to watch the new Orange Is the New Black season. It totally delivered, just like always. Honestly, this is one show that I just cannot get enough of (once I start watching an ep). Great stuff. Shoutout to the 'slasher horror homage' ep! :D Can't wait for the future seasons, tho obviously it's a bummer that now I'll have to wait one year prolly, cuz my addicted ass watched the whole thing in less than two days, haha.

I finished Bates Motel. This series delivered the right amount of fucked up that I needed, while giving me a relationship between characters  that I don't get to see often in other American series. 

I'm excited to watch the movie 'Psycho' now, I've only seen the trailer and can already tell that they translated the movie into the series very well.