VESSMIER

Music and sex

Do I sound weird if I say... none? Sex for me is about doing something intimate with someone you have intimate feelings for, not jumping on top of the next moving object, thrusting to completion, and changing the playlist.

/Thread.

Do I sound weird if I say... none? Sex for me is about doing something intimate with someone you have intimate feelings for, not jumping on top of the next moving object, thrusting to completion, and changing the playlist.

Opinions. Everyone has them. I don't judge people for theirs, so please don't judge me about mine.

I love music, and I love my girlfriend. For me, there's a time for both, and it's rarely together. That's all I have to say on this topic.

People like you really contribute to the 'fun' part of our community (which is becoming more or less vague lately) :)

is it really hard to "let it go" (dumb quote, inorite) and go with the flow (e.g. Tokage's comment should already hint that this is already tongue-in-cheek)? I highly doubt that OP, and other members for that matter, are really interested in someone's personal penchants for diddling or some serious lovemaking  - all in all, I feel sorry 4 you if you find "sex" to be a taboo-ish topic no one should ever joke about.

/openthread

Opinions. Everyone has them. I don't judge people for theirs, so please don't judge me about mine.

I love music, and I love my girlfriend. For me, there's a time for both, and it's rarely together. That's all I have to say on this topic.

I see the point you're making and of course I respect your opinion. However, what I don't have respect for is someone demanding not to be judged after having passed judgment on others (in an uncalled-for way at that).

You simply cannot say that music generally trivializes sex or that it corrupts the quality of intimacy with another person. Equally, you cannot condemn people for listening to Rammstein's "Rein Raus" or brutal death or fuckin Mongolian throat singing while at it. Why? Because even that does not preclude that they have a relationship based on mutual respect and trust.

Sex is not only about this grand spiritual experience of two souls intertwining bla bla... it is also about having fun, experimenting, with everyone involved enjoying it and not feeling subjugated or objectified but loved and appreciated. In fact, those things usually go together in a relationship, anyway.

Please don't misunderstand: this is not me criticizing Shmilly's view on this topic in general, but him saying the stuff he said in the first quote.

Actually had sex to the GazettE once. This girl asked me to put on some music before we got it on, so I started my audio player on my PC, pressed the play button and it just so happened that the last thing I listened to was the GazettE.

That's the only time I've had music playing during sex, that I can think of at least.

I don't go out of my way to make a sex playlist or anything, but I have had sex with music on several times, and often it was some sentimental white-guy and a guitar acoustic music that my wife enjoys.  More than anything, instead of the music affecting the sex, the sex affects the music for me later, as now I have an emotional connection to many of those songs as they bring me back to those blissful moments.

I don't think I could have meaningful sex to the music I typically like, as it makes for better workout music than music to set the mood.  But to each their own ~ as long as love reigns and consent and pleasure are shared, if music is a catalyst that drives the passion - all the better.

i could get down to this  like when the guy's echo part, ohhh yeah legoooo

I tought I was "the only one" who listened to the "weird music" on sex.

You people have a really good taste for this activity. I'll just add a few ones. Talking only about VK songs in the "meaningless sex" I remember I've tried Deathgaze songs, D.I.D, awoi (red mutation), Sincrea (Silkspider), UnsraW, and endless more. And for love making, I'll just say once you know what the lyrics are actually saying it's reaaaaaaaaaally touching. :3 

For getting in the romantic/sexy mood? Hell yes! But when I'm actually having sex I don't like music playing as, quite frankly, I get too distracted.   :P However, last Halloween my SO and I wanted to experiment with different atmospheres and made a sex music playlist just to see what it did for us. 

Probably the best choice song I selected was by Washed Out "You and I." 

Soul, RnB and light Pop is good for the mood. Can't really focus on the music during sex ...

this. One time I had sex to azealia banks's fantasia mixtape.