CAT5

THE NOVEMBERS

https://www.facebook.com/THENOVEMBERS/photos/a.287740754651092.64855.193096937448808/884018548356640/?type=1

THE NOVEMBERS NEW EP「Elegance」

Label:MERZ
Number:MERZ-0044
Release Date:2015.10.7(水)
Price:1,900円(税別)

<TRACK>
1. クララ
2. 心一つ持ちきれないまま
3. きれいな海へ
4. 裸のミンク
5. エメラルド
6. 出る傷を探す血

Produced by Masami Tsuchiya

Recorded / Mixed by Junya Iwata(triple time studio)
Mastered by Soichiro Nakamura (PEACE MUSIC)

Here it is, guys.

Finally got a chance to really sink my teeth into 'Elegance'. (nevermind my avatar), and it's been an incredibly blissful listen. I've had it on repeat on foobar for a while now, although I accidentally failed to drag the 6th song on to the playlist. Though that was kind of fortuitous because in doing so, I realized all the more how well this EP flows. This isn't to take away from track 6 - I like it, and it's been growing on me - but tracks 1-5 on repeat sound like a never-ending dream. ; )

Finally got a chance to really sink my teeth into 'Elegance'. (nevermind my avatar), and it's been an incredibly blissful listen. I've had it on repeat on foobar for a while now, although I accidentally failed to drag the 6th song on to the playlist. Though that was kind of fortuitous because in doing so, I realized all the more how well this EP flows. This isn't to take away from track 6 - I like it, and it's been growing on me - but tracks 1-5 on repeat sound like a never-ending dream. ; )

I think that's the whole point of track six, though. It's there to subvert your expectations. Personally I really like it as an ender in this context, though as a standalone track it's nothing special.

I think that's the whole point of track six, though. It's there to subvert your expectations. Personally I really like it as an ender in this context, though as a standalone track it's nothing special.

Oh no, I definitely agree! I think it works really well either way! Like I mentioned to , I think it feels like a "to be continued", and just leaves you wanting more. Perhaps it's a precursor to the next release?

It actually reminds me of "Louder Than War (2019)" a bit. And funnily enough, both tracks took a while to grown on me. I'm enjoying it the more I listen, though!

Elegance is soooo relaxing and i loved it

it may not contain a lot of variety if compared to the 5th album, but everything flows really well and it's easy to the ears, so i have 0 complaints about it

Would've been very great mini (?) if it wasn't for the climax-killing ending (yup, it still doesn't sound like a legit closer to me - it's decent but certainly not the one to finish the album).

Ps. just to clarify what I really dig: "Gift" is a 5/5 record to me :).

So does Yusuke actually sing "I scream you scream we all scream for ice cream" in  裸のミンク or any I just mishearing stuff? I personally love きれいな海へ off their latest release!

So does Yusuke actually sing "I scream you scream we all scream for ice cream" in  裸のミンク or any I just mishearing stuff? I personally love きれいな海へ off their latest release!

I am ABSOLUTELY hearing that as well :D

Then again, I'm pretty positive he says "Thank you and fuck you" in "Harem" on GIFT!

For Elegance, I mainly like every other song beginning with クララ.  So basically, I like the first two early released tracks and the first track.  The other three tracks are okay, but nothing that will really stick with me.  It's a really dreamy mini though, and super nice to listen through, especially with that first opening track~

Cannot unhear...

IT'S THEIR MONTH!!!!!!!!!

Currently listening to EMERALD (エメラルド) and it suits my morning thus far, as I feel lightheaded haha.

Dysphoria is such a cool song, definitely one of the standouts from their pre-2011 discography.

I was rewatching the PV for きれいな海へ again yesterday and I absolutely love how the two videos sync together when played at the same time. Probably my favourite PV released this year.

cat pointed this out the other day in chat but kobayashi and dark the novembers aka the piqnic are going to be playing here

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=739405696193769&id=346412282159781

pterodactyl noises

HikariKoba and YamiKoba shall soon collide. The earth will tremble in the wake of their preordained meeting. The gears of fate have been set in motion. There is no turning back.