CAT5

THE NOVEMBERS

do their albums come out in november?

do their albums come out in november?

Yes. Also they only play shows in November and their birthdays are all in November.

On a more serious note, lately I've been thinking that アマレット would be a really good song for them to remake sometime. Like 'アマレット (Parallel Ver,)' or something. The original song has some really nice things going for it like Matsumoto's guitar line (1:33 <3) and the overall song structure and vibe, but I also feel that their weaknesses from their early career are really noticeable in this song. Koba hadn't really developed into the quality vocalist he is today which always puts me off whenever the song ramps up (e.g. 2:30). I dunno, I just think they could do a much better job with it today than they were able to back then. Anyone else think the same?

Just dropping in to say I'm getting on a huge NOVEMBERS kick! Dumb ramblings to follow:

Gave Elegance a couple spins in the past day. Loving it more and more. My favourite is probably the last track, I just can't get it out of my head! (am I the only one who gets a total '80s vibe from the mini?)

The others I've listened to are GIFT, zeitgeist, and Rhapsody in Beauty. I love that all four of those releases have a different sound/concept but aren't too different (omg does that even make sense). While I wasn't too fond of the "noise rock/being on an airplane" approach from Rhapsody, the album grew on me and might become a favourite of mine.

I don't have any of their other stuff, but I just got a 7CD lot of their first several releases (from ST to GIFT), which I'm SUPER EXCITED to have shipped to me and to listen to all of those. And I'll probably be scanning the booklets so someone can transcribe the lyrics.

As of now my current favourites are: Moirè, We, Meursault, [that number song from Rhapsody], dumb (also stuck in my head every second of my life), 出る傷を探す血, and maybe 心一つ待ちきれないまま.

So looks like their 11th Anniversary Lives are in May. I wonder if they're gonna announce a new release there since they've been recording new stuff.

Hopefully something new soon! ^_^

Edited by indigo

14 hours ago, seurong said:

My prayers have been answered

SUCK IT, CAT!!!!

You wished for Koba to transform into Sho Asakawa???? :P

Yes, it's good! Just like Kobayashi said in that interview it's like a nice blend of everything they have done so far with a hint of something new.

Gonna be bumping !!!!!!!!!!! in my car a lot.

ただ遠くへ is definitely my early favorite. And dat trumpet in the last song <3

Edited by indigo

It feels like a different approach for them this time around. Usually they come up with some sort of theme ('noise' & 'beauty' for Rhapsody, 'life' for GIFT, the darker tone of zeitgeist, etc) and try to evolve their sound by exploring that theme, but here it feels like more of a celebration of everything that's already come before; everything all rolled up into a single concise package. I suppose a rather cheesy way of putting it is that rather than always looking forward to the next destination, they've taken a moment to rest and look back on the journey so far. In a way it's sort of like a best-of album with all new songs.

@togz, @fitear1590

Kinda dying to hear you guys' thoughts on the new album!!!

I kinda agree with pho in that this album kinda feels like a patchworking of their various sounds up until now. The only track that really stood out to me on the first few listens was track 3 "1000年" (I love their darker, louder tunes), and the album as a whole didn't have that wow factor for me like Rhapsody and Zeitgeist did...not to mention, I felt the flow of the album was all over the place, BUT...the more I listen, the more it's all making starting to click with me! So I've definitely shifted from a mild disappointment to being really content with it, and in a very short time at that.

I don't think the song is particularly special by THE NOVEMBERS' standards, but this is one of the coolest videos I've seen for a while.