Sign in to follow this  
Crube

WWE Discussion is about wrestling drama and overcoming odds!

2HfJsQv.gif

There's a lot worse talent, but yes... somehow THE ILLUMINATI manages to take it to new heights. Remember the hype behind the first Sin Cara? I'm sure a WWE staff watched Mistico highlight videos on YouTube and said "Well, Rey Mysterio doesn't have enough cartilage in his knees, so we will need a masked replacement soon enough!" Too bad they also didn't do basic research and see if there were any outstanding non-kayfabe rivalries between Mistico and AlbertOOOOOOOOO DELLLL RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Anyway, the only real difference between the Road Warriors and THE ILLUMINATI are football pads with spikes and their love for Ron Paul? Honestly? I don't remember the Road Warriors being the greatest wrestlers outside of their hardcore ladybug football motif.

Yeah! The hype for Cara got ME hyped too! I didn't realize they hadn't waited for him to learn basically ANY English, I still think the language barrier contributed to some of his botching (not all of it unfortunately) but yeah I remember the last stupid injury mistico took before they let him go and put Hunico in the mask full time. He did la suicida through the ropes on ADR but I think caught his foot on the ropes on the way down, dislocated his fingers and VISIBLY called the ref over right away probably because he doesn't speak English.. but I remember ADR getting pissed as fuck and rolling him back in the ring and laying a stiff kayfabe beatdown until the ref stopped him and pushed him off haaard (you can tell because normally they wouldn't have a ref forcefully push around a heavyweight superstar)

Road Warriors weren't good wrestlers either, certainly not when they started but they looked legitimately bad ass enough and were stiff enough in the ring that people popped for it ,  like Goldberg , Ascension is just hopelessly unconvincing by comparison. their time in development (longer than most) has not even made them average, they aren't noticeably athletic, nor impressively strong, nor stiff .... and they look like ass XD RW were also popular before coming to WWF

THOUGHTS EVERYONE? I still haven't watched the ME but I'll get around doing it in a minute and then be back. 

This is honestly the only topic on this entire forum now that doesn't raise my blood pressure and even though I look about as proud as a pedophile walking to court when I admit to liking this stuff, I cherish the feeling of comradery amongst the fans of 'rasslin :lolita_love:  

Pre-show = Glad I didn't fuckin see it lmao.

Sheamus vs Ziggler = Very good match, not their best, kinda hard to get into the feud after all the assplay. Zig getting cut by that headbutt at the end, pouuuring.

Tag Titles = Everyone seemed slightly off in this match, my friend and I both commented that all 4 men seemed not at the top of their game. Still good action.

Wyatt vs Ryback= Got the time slot it deserved, Ryback looking at a broken rib. That's what you get with two inconsistent workers throwing power moves. waste.

U.S. Title = Much better than the chain match obviously. Still, the end only kinda made sense. I guess Cena wins just always "makes sense" though,

^^^ (Shows us Rusev needs to move on to someone WWE will allow him to beat ever.)

Nikki vs Naomi = Doing drugs didn't watch.

Barrett vs Neville = Looked SO fucking good in the early goings, teased us and copped out the ending. I was hoping for a show stealer but I guess maybe next time.

WWE WHC = AWESOME match, storytelling masterful. Mucho going on. Everyone shines. Possible MOTY candidate although not a top candidate.

Marked out at the Shield spot. The match I thought was really messy compared to the fourway last year, but I could have spent that time worse. Kane really sucks though has he ever been able to actually bump? Can he at least pretend not being fully aware of what's going on when he's being powerbombed through the announcers table. lmao at the match ending on a bad looking pedigree #bringbackcurbstomp

Other matches I watched all the way were Sheamus/Ziggler and the 2 out of 3 falls both of which I enjoyed. The New Day is excellent and I enjoy every minute they're on but I got a little disconnected after Cesaro botched lifting Big E lolol they worked their ass off tho, good spotfest. 

I just watched the ending for the US title match and oh boy I wonder how they'll get Rusev out from the ditch they dug him into. I hope they insert him and Bray into the title pictures because they're both struggling and I wouldn't mind seeing some new blood in ther. I would assume at least one of them makes it into the Elimination Chamber match 

These filler PPV's are an okay watch but it really takes away from the whole thing when you come in fully knowing that nothing major will take place.

YEEJH1W.jpg

I don't know who hasn't marked out over The Shield spot with the triple power bomb to Orton. That was the highlight of not only that match, but the entire night. But it looks like they are pushing the Pedigree for Seth Rollins very hard as seen on Raw. I don't know about that... Didn't he have a nice arsenal of moves he did while NXT was called Florida Championship Wrestling? Or any other moves when he was named Tyler Black back in his ROH days? Either way, since he loves mostly metalcore, someone should really introduce him to the GazettE. It would be hilarious to see him switch his intro music to Filth in the Beauty.

Speaking of NXT and marking out, I totally marked out when Kevin Owens came out to the Cena 'Murica Challenge. The fans are introduced to a real champion compared to their Paper US Champ. That pump up powerbomb spot was brilliant and if they are clever enough, they should call it The KO or something like that. The only downside is the name being identical to RKO, because fans can be dumb like that. The Kevin Owens versus John Cena match should be a MOTY at Elimination Playground. Also, what's the deal with the whole Lana thing? Dumping Rusev for the back up drummer of Bon Jovi?

You know, in case someone hasn't seen. There's more matches on the ROH channel that are essential watches too. 

Not going to front, thought the Owens segment on Raw was awesome. I still think his physique is so bad that it's surreal how much the times have changed from haytch thinking that Angle was too short to be a champion, to now pushing this slob with more girth that height. Not that guys ever get over or work relative to their physique but god damn how about cutting some. 

Why does the IC Elimination chamber have jobbers like Ryback and R-Truth? Where's Neville or Stardust or Bray ( who's exclusion I'd understand because they fancy him as a possible ME but he hasn't been doing anything in a while ). Owens/Cena and Ambrose/Rollins I can't wait for. 

Matches of the year so far? Mine are Cena/Rollins/Brock from the Royal Rumble and Ibushi/Nakamura from WK. Wouldn't rate neither less than five stars. 

do u think Generation Dee will protect nationwide american megamasso tour if organizing a dir en grey export is a big deal #Important-questions-of-now

QhEKydF.gif

Social commentary? I saw it more or less "Hey look, the US Championship belt has little to no impact whereas others actually want to chase after NXT Gold."

Anyone else going to watch Elimination ThunderdomeChamber tonight? Here's hoping there's a S'moe Joe run in tonight.

Not watching it live in all likelyhood but this is definitely the most interesting b-level pay per view this year so far. Too bad Rybotch had to injure one of the better participants of the chamber match, although a layoff may end up being a blessing in disguise for Rusev considering the depths he was headed. 

I dream for a Dean/Seth match that isn't going to be overbooked to oblivion but I already know that's exactly what is going to happen. Clean main event finishes happen only twice an year. 

I know Dubba Dubba U is nothing but drama, but we don't need another romantic drama ever since that horrible Cena and Ryder feud years ago. Anyway, the only match I am really looking forward to is Cena versus Owens. Also, thoughts about Arrow facing off against Mister Sinister for Summer Slam?

It's still weird seeing Owens win CLEAN over Supercena this past Sunday. Other stuff that amused me from that PPV was King calling Cole JR, the plexiglass screen being knocked off, and Mark Henry being Mark Henry.

I also saw the stepping on the US title as that little "social commentary" if it wasn't meant to be, it becomes that as soon as someone mentions it (which is why I mention is everywhere lol) either way Owens heel game is a step above what the main roster is used to dealing with.

Cena talked some BIG shit the night after EC. Too much shit for having just gotten beaten clean. (Cleaner than Dbry at summerslam if you wanna split hairs-- postponed elbow surgery)

Cena always seems to have a clean bill of health after big matches, even when he loses. I get that he's always game but doesn't it get you thinking that maybe he didn't quite "never give up" if he can get pinned and still be 100% the next night..

Cean is good at awful trash talk. His little rants are weird because they contradict each other sometimes, but whatever. When The Rock does it, you know what his intentions are... same with almost any other Superstar. Anyway, that clean win is what Owens need. Speaking of which, I almost forgot about Monies in Da Bank is on tonight. I really hope Owens versus Cena II isn't a squash match. Owens really need to win this again to prove dominance over the adult who dresses up as a grade school boy during Summer vacation.

Well MITB ended up being one of Dean and Seth's best outings.

Cena-Owens lived up to the first round, Owens gets to look strong still.

PTP winning the titles is good, a little surprised it happened already but the PPV needed some of this.

Sheamus isn't the worst choice for MITB, but it takes the wind out of the program because the title picture is going to need to shift before him cashing in becomes marketable...

A pretty who gives a fuck pay-per-view overall. I see that there's some restructuring going on now with the advent of the network, meaning that now since they don't have to sell PPV's with fights, the B-tier shows have taken a dive and a lot of times it just seems like they're stalling. There honestly some good aspects to this, but at its worst it is angles spanning multiple PPV's with win and loss trade booking that quite frankly ends up putting no one over. This is somewhat salvaged by the fact that the work-rate is high as fuck and seeing the same match all the time is rectified when it involves legit guys working suicidal like in the tag division. I wouldn't be surprised if doing the same garbage matches multiple times a week on house shows takes more of a toll on Dean Ambrose's body for example than going through glass occasionally in CZW. However despite whatever the in-ring quality might be, I just don't care aside from those three or four times a year when they go guns blazing, which now would be whenever Lesnar is back. 

I've seen MOTY's flying around about those Cena/Owens matches and I have to say that I'm not a fan! I think we got matches of equal quality from Cena on RAW recently but with less padding. I have to confess though that I haven't seen the promos because I couldn't have been arsed to watch RAW so maybe that plays a factor, but right now it just looks like Cena 'rasslin his match with an indy midget who they for some reason allow to use a bunch of different moves. Lawd if they had a Cena/Cesaro match and allowed the latter to work indy then minds would be blown all over. I just... Don't care for Owens. LOSE SOME WEIGHT DAMN IT.

Anyway now it looks like things are picking up steam with the Japan show and Battleground finally having new angles. Summerslam is sure to be great as well because even the worst match is made entertaining by the Brooklyn crowd. 

I missed Beast in the East, but that last match on the recent Raw between Cesaro and Cena was actually pretty awesome. It's probably asking a lot, but I hope they push Cesaro and have a Cesaro and Owens feud.

That broken nose Cena sustained from that knee to the face looks pretty damn painful and yet still went on with the match. He earned a lot of respect for that.

Sign in to follow this