Sign in to follow this  
Crube

WWE Discussion is about wrestling drama and overcoming odds!

wkXS3AA.gif

This thread is dedicated to all things wrestling. Most particularly the sinking ship known as WWE. Fortunately there's NXT that could save it all, but only if Vince could stop influencing the scripts. WWE Fast Lane is coming up, so thoughts on that?

Also, this thread doesn't necessarily have to be WWE. NJPW, Chikaria, Kaiju Big Battel, CZW, and other companies are welcomed.

In.

Repping:

Cena

Okada (Rainmaker)

Tanahashi

Daniel Bryan

Seth Rollins

Ziggler

Miz

HHH

Orton

Enzo Amore

And more...

Pumped for Fast Lane, can't wait to see who Main Event's WM and how much of a beating Rusev receives.

I check in on WWE frequently during the road to Wrestlemania. And I gotta admit this has been one of the most lack luster roads so far. These past few weeks have been Variations of what are more or less of the same fights rehashed. Reigns vs (either show or Kane) or Bryan vs (show or kane) or a Bryan and Reigns vs Show and Kane. Creative is not using the locker room to their full potential and many of these matches have no substance....

I heard there is some displeasure on the side of the main superstars because the NXT ones are getting used much better.

I also blame the writers for that too. When you have a man that's out of touch with the fanbase whispering ideas to the writers, things can only get worse. Still, I wonder what they are going to do with Undertaker this year? Other than put him in the Hall of Fame that is.

I'm ticked that Dean Ambrose, the guy who was in one of the biggest heel groups of the company, has succumbed to the likes of the so-called "Intercontinental Championship"...really WWE? That's the best you can do with him? C'mon now...wasted potential, methinks. :/

Well, I remember when the intercontinental championship and the United States championship actually meant more than what they do now. Now both titles, as well as the Diva titles and Tag titles are dead weight. WWE creative can make something substantial, story wise but they just choose not to. And at this point its getting a bit frustrating....

Lol 'rasslin. It's a little like smoking where if you stop it, you still keep thinking about it a lot and feel instant kinship when you find someone else who has done it. I Started indulging when I was kid but forgot about the whole thing after Angle left for a few years until I got back into it when Punk got big. For 'E I only occasionally tune into RAW - which I end up regretting pretty much every time - and watch all  the PPV's along with keeping up with the dirt sheets. 

This years Mania is interesting for a few reasons. First the obvious which is that Reigns is terrible #smark. That might be an exaggeration, but I haven't been able to not cringe at every singles match he has had since Orton carried him to a half-decent one last summer. I can't really put my finger on it exactly, but I think it's his submissive body language that I absolutely loathe and awful psychology. His bewildered look after the rumble wasn't anything new because I swear I have seen him like that almost every time he wrestles. In matches he looks submissive and never in the least bit of control; and last I watched spite of his character being potrayed as this POWERHOUSE, he ends up ( poorly ) selling 90% of the damn match until the finish! If he could at least come off a little bit more intense and masculine I'd have him essentially be another Goldberg figure which I think would suit him far better. And of course It also goes without saying that his promo cutting abilities are first rate Botchamania and it's not that he is being fed lines but that he stinks on ice as an actor. 

The second thing is whether the rumoured Undertaker and Wyatt match will happen but god I hope not. Wyatt is another who's wrestling ability I find dubious and I have so far only been able to enjoy his matches with Bryan and two with Cena, but those two can carry just about anyone. Creative really fucked it up with the no-feud feud him and Mox had, resulting in awkward matches that I suppose were okay but really ended up hurting both guys at the end. As much as I like Mox, he needs someone else who can go and now he got the shaft and has been delegated to midcard boo  :lolita_sad: Aside from the gripes I'm looking forward to possible Orton-Rollins and Bryan-ZIggler matches which will be gr8 for sure.

Other than that from the active product I watch NJPW like everyone else these days, although not religiously. I try to tune into anything Shibata and Shinsuke are on. 

https://scontent-fra.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfp1/t31.0-8/10294981_1474264182809086_2999997757911246645_o.jpg  my Chris Benoit autograph I got back in 2004 along with handshake lolol. Stacy's in there for good measure.

WWE...the only one show who can "take me guts" and that's since 1997 ... that's a important date because it's at this date who Kane (the charcater) has debuted on the first steel cage match (that's not rejuvenate me xD)

For Fast Lane, I doubt for Cena, because Rusev is a really good competitor. I'm a little sad to see Reigns vs Bryan, because that's does be Reigns & Bryan Vs The Authority... Nice to see the intercontinental championship, because I'm really happy to see BNB, I really appreciate him (since he arrives from NXT with The Nexus, the most destructive group, more than the Shield for me, and they revealled a lot of really good guy : Wade Barret off course, Daniel Bryan (even if he wasn't long time with this group), skip sheffield (now The Big Guy Ryback),

and Husky Harris (who become Bray Wyatt... He was nothing and now he evolve in this most attractive superstar since a long long long time...

220px-Windham_Rotunda.jpg

for evolve too

220px-How_Bray_Wyatt_sees_the_world.jpg

About WrestleMania, some rumors says take will face to Wyatt, but seriously, I think Take doesn't come back, He not able to compete, against HHH that's was a pure joke, he should have lost his first match... but after his Brock Lesnar destruction... oh and Brock Lesnar, I really appreciate him in 2004 and in his MMA career, but his contract to WWE is a pure JOKE, hé appears only for PPV & contract signing... it's normal he can win his match... he have one match per month xD (Batista Returns was also a pure joke...like The Rock...)

I think there is there is too much BIG supersta:rs actually in roster to make good storyline + the superstars who become really popular, it's hard to mix up all of them...

Sting will compete on WWE for the first time since WCW was dissolved, and just for that, this year WrestleMania is unmissable ^^ 

And don't forget the ceremony of Hall of Fame 2015 who will Introduce Rikishi (father of jimmy & jey usos, cousin of The Rock and brother of missed Umaga) and The Macho Man andy Savge & Arnold Schwarzenegger. I think more superstar will be announced

My dream for WrestleMania... CM Punk comeback, I will hoping this until is comeback xD ! and I want Bubba Ray Dudley on wwe again (with Devon off course) for have a real big tag team (because even if I really like the Ascencion they are new, and for me The Usos doesn't have real concurrence, they are a real tag team...

(Sorry I talk too much, but like you can see, I really like Wrestling, even if it's only WWE)

On Nxt (ex FCW) some good new guy can be better, and one day bigger on WWE main division (RAW & SD), supperstars (and Diva) like Baron Corbin, Bull Dempsey, Kevin Owens or Charlotte (for quote just certain)

I recently discover TNA division (and see again wwe who I really appreciate like the Hardy boyz, Bobbey Lashley, MVP or Dudley Boyz ^^) but I have see just the PPv TNA Rivals, has download some episode of February (and the best of 2014) ^^

I highly doubt that CM Punk will return to professional wrestlingentertainment anytime soon. He seems very confident and serious about going into UFC as long as they don't throw him into the deep end like they did with Brock Lesnar. As far as the tag team division? I'm glad to see that the Prime Time Players are coming back. After all, there needs to be more teams that isn't THE ILLUMINATI and the Uso Brothers. I like what they are doing with Bray Wyatt with the promos, but there's still room for improvement if they are planning on having him take over the occult side of WWE. The Undertaker isn't going to last very long as we seen from last years Wrestlemania and there are a lot of parallels with Undertaker and Bray Wyatt. I had my doubts when people started to chant Husky Harris at the early days of his run as Bray Wyatt, but those chants are long gone.

There's no way Punk is coming back, especially with him and the 'E now swinging lawsuits back and forth. He's not the kind of guy who has a last match and goes to TNA two months later or retires in a fit and starts selling a shoot tape. So when he says he is done and I have complete faith in that. Even the impossible would somehow happen, it'd be at least an year away because the guy is signed to the UFC and is going through a fight camp at the moment.

I skipped his matches with haytch because I just knew those would be boring as feck, but against Punk and Lesnar Taker looked ooooold. The only way he is going to have a good match now is if you have someone like Rollins go with him do all the heavy lifting. I'd rather have someone else have the Taker match opportunity as I personally think Bray is a fat slob with a massively overrated promo, but there's no doubt that a Taker match, good or bad, will give him a huge rub and do a world of good on his character - and therefore good to the roster in general. 

I watched that The Shield DVD and I was so disappointed. I was hoping there'd be something new on Mox' youth but he is still holding his cards to his chest. Maybe he'll release a biography  :lolita_blink:

They went over their indies careers sufficiently enough all things considered and I was very surprised to see CZW footage being shown. By the way piratebay should have that Moxley CZW DVD still floating around there somewhere ( might accidentally still be seeding ), along with the CM Punk DVD that I recall had the matches with Samoa Joe. So people should go get those. 

The absolute worst part of the DVD is that around the part when they graduate from NXT, the DVD turns on the kayfabe full throttle. That is the point where it gets about as real as those pointless "expert panels" they have on PPV's and one ceases to learn anything new. I really would have wanted to know what they actually thought about what was going on, but I suppose I have already heard that from the podcasts, however I don't recall Reigns having made an appearance on any yet? There's also one segment where they are making Reigns look really STROOONNG which is pretty silly but they hype everyone otherwise so it's all good. 

By far the most interesting part to me was Rollins talking about crossfit  which just made me think that I'd really rather just listen to these guys talk about their diets and workout regimes than some crap in kayfabe. Oh well, anyone can still hit it up on watchwrestling for free so it's good for at least background noise if you're bored.

If anyone has some essential match or promo to recommend from  Kevin Steen/Owens I'd gladly watch it because so far I don't particularly care for him. I've seen some of his ROH stuff before and he just falls into the slob category for me, especially when even my boy Nakamura can't make him look good, BUT I try to reserve judgement before having seen more. 

10991627_941809089172026_448464682055164

OHHkay we finally have a thread like this? beautiful lol!

So I'm about this close to tossing Network subscription for NJW after mania season

any world subscribers here want to give input?

how do wrestling participants overcome persistent sexual tension (do they ever at all?)

59SNETO.gif

In other news, it seems that more shots were fired as WWE posted a video composing of close up shots of CM Punks arse.

(Also, refer to the same gif used in response to nekkichi's post.)

Although, I'm taking a wild stab in the dark that Dub Dub EEEEE is trying to disprove Mr. Punks argument that he worked with a large lump during the match. However it's kind of pointless as it is COVERED UP by the trunks he's wearing at the time.

So, who else marked hard over Wrestlemania Play Button?

I did. Took them one PPV to make to make me interested enough to tune in to RAW again, which was something completely unfathomable a couple weeks back. No particular match aside from the genius main event was even close to A+ I thought, but they just made their midcard scene relevant again and the possibilities are endless. I just hope they'll keep elevating guys and also give the non-main eventers real feuds to fill out RAW. Less recaps and filler, moar actual things happening.

I didn't like how the arena looked in sunlight, but as soon as the sun set it during Reigns/Brock it looked fucking amazing with that red tint. I wish the whole event could have started a bit later. 

I hope Blandy and Rollins get about 25 minutes for the next PPV. Rusev/Cena for the third time is a little ehh, but it'll be a gimmick match so I hope they'll manage to get Rusev over somehow despite having to suffer his second consecutive loss. 

Yeah, Sting and Taker getting entrance in the daylight = :/

Levi's stadium was weird looking for mania in general.

Waiting for an RKO out of a phoenix splash (only spot I can imagine topping the RKO at mania)

Rusev over Cena at ER is best. Like the Brock-HHH series last year. push him HARDER after taking his first loss, otherwise losing that streak is death.

I did. Took them one PPV to make to make me interested enough to tune in to RAW again, which was something completely unfathomable a couple weeks back. No particular match aside from the genius main event was even close to A+ I thought, but they just made their midcard scene relevant again and the possibilities are endless. I just hope they'll keep elevating guys and also give the non-main eventers real feuds to fill out RAW. Less recaps and filler, moar actual things happening.

I didn't like how the arena looked in sunlight, but as soon as the sun set it during Reigns/Brock it looked fucking amazing with that red tint. I wish the whole event could have started a bit later. 

I hope Blandy and Rollins get about 25 minutes for the next PPV. Rusev/Cena for the third time is a little ehh, but it'll be a gimmick match so I hope they'll manage to get Rusev over somehow despite having to suffer his second consecutive loss. 

Typically the Raw after Mania tends to be the best Raw. Usually in the form of the crowds though. I'm still waiting for them to make Orton the next Stone Cold by giving him a leather vest with a viper on the back, R:KO on one side on the front and ORTON on the other.

Yeah, Sting and Taker getting entrance in the daylight = :/

It also didn't help out Bray's typical fireflies entrance either. Imagine it being dark with the fireflies AND the scarecrows.

When the segment with Rousey/Rock and Trips/Steph kept dragging on, when Rock took forever to go call Ronda over. My friends and I were cringing thinking that they could be trying to kill time just for the sake of losing daylight.

Hell yeah, if it had been properly dark i though it would be cool for the scarecrows to have some little lantern or light of their own coming down the ramp...

That segment sure dragged and it was a little disappointing to not see an armbar. I think people actually started booing when Rousey let steph go because literally everyone expected an armbar. 

It was strange how on/off the crowd was. Both Boreton and Rollins got crickets save for the ending, but for example Ambrose earlier got a massive pop and during the main event they were going crazy the whole way through. It's sad that the 'E seems to really only bring their A-game for RAWs when they're performing for a brutal smark crowd like Post-Mania, Philly, NYC, Chicago.

This topic should be moar active considering the volume of people who like 'rassling here. I'm sure none of us can resist doing armchair booking for hours on end if given a chance. So I'm wondering what they're going to do with Reigns for ER because almost every prominent singles guy is taken, so that leaves... Kane or "please retire" Show? I swear if they do that, that'd be the worst possible thing to do after the guy has had two totally legit singles PPV matches in a row. It'd be a little silly to have triple threat again if they decided to keep him HW tittle picture for EC, but that's the only way I can see them going about it, unless something new and unforeseen develops next or the week after that. 

The roster is so deep now I don't even know how they're going to fit in everyone. I hope Ambrose and Harper get a gimmick match for ER, preferably for IC number 1 contendership or smn. 

Sign in to follow this