Sign in to follow this  
DeithX252

FEAR FROM THE HATE - RETURNERS review

6520141108174844.jpg

Being a post hardcore x electronic band is okay, but mixed with pop rock? Only FFTH can do it! | :3.5:

Fear From The Hate is a senior band from Garimpeiro Records (an indie loud music label). Being an electronicore in the beginning, they didn't fear to expand their music to other genre, such as pop, rock, punk, and even jazz. Although they changed members so many times, they keep producing music and active. "RETURNERS" is their latest mini album, as their comeback, because they bring the usual theme for their music: electronic and post hardcore!

The mini album contain 7 track (with 2 SE), 2 tracks already heard from their latest singles, 1 retake track, and 2 new tracks. After the first SE, they sent us with MEBIUS, a catchy and well made post hardcore track, combined with pop rock chorus, this track is a dope! It's like an anisong music, combined with scream, electronic, in a proportional. The most memorable moment is the guitar melodies in the end of the song. After this track, you will hear Silverwalker, from their latest single, it bring intense drumming and bleep bloop, epic breakdown. It rather has boring riff in the beginning and repeatable gang shout vocal. But, this version is better than the single IMO.

The next song is King Boy & Queen Girl, let's dance! Another catchy song with rap in the beginning, let you dance in the middle, and headbang! Honestly I didn't expect the heavy breakdown in a super catchy song lol. Then you can hear Alice, unique track from them, Disney x Post hardcore XD. First I hearing this, the track is very blend, but it's growing on me. Same with Silverwalker, I enjoy the album version than the single. After dramatic SE, you can hear Human VS.Creature, a retake track from their earlier mini album Cursed Screamers For All The Frozen Tears. This track changed better, with progressive sound and without autotune in vocal. If you missed the earlier FFTH, this kind of sound is what they did in the earlier.

Overall I like this mini album, very dope, the most disappointed thing only the few new tracks, I hope for full album! The vocalist Lidy can sing well without autotune, and I think they need second guitarist to fill in the rhythm/melodies, and bring more complicated sound. RETURNERS exceed 1961, not just being a pop rock sound, but bring their own color to post hardcore.

Sign in to follow this