Takadanobabaalien

黒百合と影 Kuroyuri to kage

hey guys,have you heard any rumors about their members situation,if them dicided to stay as a 3 man band

or if them are looking for an official member?i won't stop thinking about their disbandment until a new member join them...

Edited by Gichi Gichi

yes,you are right...also,i don't know if you guys already discussed this here...but i wanted to understand

the reasons why they left Ains and started yamikakumei

Speaking of Koyomi, I found something interesting recently. Turns out, the vocalist of Dezert (Chiaki) used to play in the same band with Koyomi. They both were in Yukilein. Also, their support guitarist was also the guitarist for Mei's old band, Rose Valley. The ex guitarist of Rose Valley is now in Smile Berry. I always wondered why Kuroyuri and Dezert seemed to have the same influences, and turns out, it's because the members know eachother. I wonder what Koyomi's personal music influences are though. His twitter is gone, so I can't see who he followed. 

I know that they all obviously listened to a lot of Nu Metal. Kuro and K both like Limp Bizkit (I hope they only like them for the guitars, since Fred Durst is a horrible rapper xD. I know a lot of people though who listen to Limp Bizkit for the guitars though. And I can see that since they have a pretty creative guitarist). Also, Kuro is a fan of Kuroyume. Also, K posted on instagram that he listened to 50 cent xD (It's no surprise he listens to rap, tbh. He looks like the kind of person who would). Mei also personally listens to Caligari and Korn. (I'm basing most of this on what they follow on Twitter and Instagram) And of course they all follow Dir En Grey on twitter. 

Back when Kuroyuri was Memento Mori, they also got to play with Inugami Circus Dan once (Below is a picture of Mei with Kyouko.) and it's obvious the members love EroguroKei. I mean, Kuro and Koyomi's riffing has a LOT of Mucc influence, and commonly reference the art of Suehiro Maruo. I also noticed some Ningen Isu influence, but it's very slight and is mostly in their stuff as Memento Mori, which had quite a bit of doom metal influence at times (Especially Joroya). Also, a lot of Kuroyuri's songs definitely have a Korn influence and even Funk in general. So maybe sometimes the Kuroyuri boys are jamming out to James Brown and George Clinton Pariliament Funkadelic xD. Ok, I'm kidding there but I do think that maybe they do listen to a little bit of real funk. 

Does anyone remember who Koyomi followed on Twitter? Is there a way to see a deleted twitter account? xD. 

Or do any of you know any other influences on Kuroyuri To Kage? I like delving into a band's influence so I can deconstruct their music and look at it in a different light. 

tumblr_mufaagA7kd1qgwy5po1_500.jpg

I found this old picture of Mei in his old band with Koyomi and K before Memento Mori. Even before Jigsaw infact. For some reason, their other Guitarist isn't Kuro, but is someone who was in a band called "Verth" and is named either "Ya", "Nari", or "Mata". Also, their drummer is some guy named Hide. The band was called "Arutema" (アルテマ)

If anyone is interested in reading further, here's the website it's from http://blog.livedoor.jp/soundproduction/archives/51002459.html

3f40fb14.JPG 

http://jigsaw.syncl.jp/ 

xD The old website for Jigsaw (Memento Mori as a session band) is still up. 

From what I can tell, Memento Mori's use of traditional imagery was probably Koyomi and Mei's idea at first, since Yukiline used similar imagery, and Mei has always had an interest in that. 

I wonder if Koyomi, Mei and Chiaki still speak with eachother. Memento Mori and DEZERT were quite divergent, but they began to converge with Kuroyuri To Kage. Not just in concept, but in sound. I think it's definitely possible that Mei and Chiaki bounce ideas off eachother and are good friends. 

e052c410.JPG 

I found another old pic of Mei during "Arutema". 

I wonder what kind of band Arutema was like. It seems different from both Memento Mori and Kuroyuri. In fact, Yukiline was more similar to early Memento Mori (Like, during 2010-2011). I'm guessing Arutema may have sounded something like early Memento Mori, but less traditional Japanese influence. Maybe someone out there has a recording of an Arutema performance xD

Edited by AimiGen7

the more i listen to kuroyuri,more i miss memento mori,because i know that Mei fits so damn well in tradicional japanese stuff

i miss that memento mori atmosphere,his days as Ai,that deep voice,like singing oishichi or fuyu shogun ...that was gold

them still my favorite band,but since koyomi left,they sound like a japanese horror version of Korn 

Edited by Gichi Gichi

20 minutes ago, Gichi Gichi said:

the more i listen to kuroyuri,more i miss memento mori,because i know that Mei fits so damn well in tradicional japanese stuff

i miss that memento mori atmosphere,his days as Ai,that deep voice,like singing oishichi or fuyu shogun ...that was gold

them still my favorite band,but since koyomi left,they sound like a japanese horror version of Korn 

I miss Memento Mori too, but I love Kuroyuri just as equally. I think they progressed more as a band since Memento Mori, including more Mucc influence. Plus, Kuroyuri still keeps the Eroguro imagery that Memento Mori sometimes showed. In fact, they took it quite further. 

Their compositions though did get a bit more simple after Koyomi left, but they really seemed to have redeemed themselves with the Toshabutsu single. It was amazing compared to Zouki No Nozoki Ana, which was good, but could be better. 

I hope they release a full album this year. Not a mini album, not an EP, but a full album. I have Kuroyuri cravings that need to be satisfied! xD

I think it would be cool if Kuroyuri did go back to the traditional aesthetics for one single. Perhaps they could use a concept similar to Inugami Circus Dan. Either way, I'd like to see them experiment with different concepts and such, since a lot of the bands close to them experiment with different concepts at times, and it would provide some interesting content.  

2 hours ago, AimiGen7 said:

I hope they release a full album this year. Not a mini album, not an EP, but a full album. I have Kuroyuri cravings that need to be satisfied! xD

same...

sometimes i think they left ains,bcuz they didn't want to follow their schedule of releases 

i'm really satisfied with gossip and grieva,but whenever i listen to kuroyuri i feel like i want new songs lol

Edited by Gichi Gichi

1 hour ago, Gichi Gichi said:

same...

sometimes i think they left ains,bcuz they didn't want to follow their schedule of releases 

i'm really satisfied with gossip and grieva,but whenever i listen to kuroyuri i feel like i want new songs lol

There are the theories they never really left Ains, but both sides are quite valid. But I have noticed though that they didn't very often preformed with Grieva, GossiP or Diaura. They always preformed with bands like Sibilebashir. 

I don't know why they haven't preformed with Dezert yet. I mean, it's obvious both bands are still close. Also, Mei and Chiaki together on stage would be amazing. 

Though, Dezert seems to have been going less visual recently, a lot of the members wearing less makeup (Except for Chiaki though xD. Chiaki always will stand out xD)

1 hour ago, Takadanobabaalien said:

they're officially looking for a drummer now

Yay!

Another guitarist too, please, or at least a support guitarist so their older stuff can be executed live as they were originally intended

somehow i'm very hyped for a full album at august/october

also,i want to see they performing at bigger places like zipp tokyo...their atmosphere on stage is as strong as dezert/gazette/mejibray/direngrey

1 hour ago, Gichi Gichi said:

somehow i'm very hyped for a full album at august/october

also,i want to see they performing at bigger places like zipp tokyo...their atmosphere on stage is as strong as dezert/gazette/mejibray/direngrey

Yeah they're LONG overdue for a full album. Though, if it means new songs, I'm ok with even an EP. I need my Kuroyuri fix xD.

Also, I'd love to see them preform at Zepp Tokyo. But if I were to go to a concert myself, I'd prefer to go to one in a smaller venue, so I'd be up close