Takadanobabaalien

黒百合と影 Kuroyuri to kage

2 minutes ago, Manji 卍 said:

full album....please.

more angura kei and less korn...

Why not both? xD

Speaking of which, Kuro actually does play the Sanshin (a 3 string instrument from Okinawa related to the Shamisen) according to a picture he posted on Twitter, so maybe they'll include that in one of their songs?

10 minutes ago, Takadanobabaalien said:

I'll translate the interview as soon as I have time. Mei mentions that he's an alcoholic in it. I wonder if he's serious or not.

I know in some pictures from the days of Memento Mori (back when he had an Ameblo and posted selfies), there were quite a few pics of him with Yebisu brand beer (Of course Mei would drink a brand named for Japanese mythology xD)

Most Vkei guys are alcoholics though, so I'm not surprised.

Musicians, whether they're young, rebellious rock n' rollers, or experienced virtuosos, are always going to get into vices, because music is a stressful job, and Vkei is especially known to be stressful, because of how frequently bands tour. So alcoholism is generally big in Vkei, but this is just common knowledge I'm spewing off here.

Also, Kuro, K and Mei often go out drinking a lot, anyway.

Edited by AimiGen7

3 minutes ago, Takadanobabaalien said:

https://twitter.com/dchildren_eight

this guy is doing support drums for them now btw. i wonder if he take turns with haruka or if haruka quit?

Oh wow. I wonder how good he is. Kuroyuri would really benefit from an official drummer who could help with the song writing, tbh

They left/got kicked off ains, koyomi left, mutsuki left, despite looking for a drummer for some months they still haven't managed to find one.

I wonder if they're hard to work with? I recall something like that being written on tanuki a while back, and that they're not going to find someone who wants to join them as a drummer. Who knows though, they seem to have money to pay for a support drummer for the time being anyway so.

Btw, some fans at tanuki are having fun over Mei saying:

烏名:そうですね。あ、あと俺、彼女がいないのでこの対談に「彼女募集中」って書いておいてください。

(I've got no girlfriend at the moment, so please write that I'm looking for one in the interview)

in the interview lmao

Edited by Takadanobabaalien

31 minutes ago, Takadanobabaalien said:

They left/got kicked off ains, koyomi left, mutsuki left, despite looking for a drummer for some months they still haven't managed to find one.

I wonder if they're hard to work with? I recall something like that being written on tanuki a while back, and that they're not going to find someone who wants to join them as a drummer. Who knows though, they seem to have money to pay for a support drummer for the time being anyway so.

Btw, some fans at tanuki are having fun over Mei saying:

烏名:そうですね。あ、あと俺、彼女がいないのでこの対談に「彼女募集中」って書いておいてください。

(I've got no girlfriend at the moment, so please write that I'm looking for one in the interview)

in the interview lmao

I think it's because of their honestly shitty history with drummers. I mean, Memento Mori went through 3 drummers, including Mutsuki.

Originally, they had a drummer named Carua, but he left for unknown reasons (though it was rumoured that it was so he could finish highschool, but no one really knows)

Then Yue, who left because of back problems. 

I've heard multiple rumours about the band's state, even as far as for Sibilebashir to join their label (Though knowing how anal Shimizuya is, that's unlikely xD) but I think they're preferring the use of support members because it's probably just cheaper for them, and like I said, they have a shitty drummer history. 

Recording drums to sound good is EXPENSIVE, and takes a lot of mics. 2 mics for the kick drums, one for the snare, and depending on the number of toms, one can have up to 10 mics for the toms. Not to mention it's a nightmare to mix if you're not experienced. Their financial situation means that basically, using samples is best.

This isn't the first time they used samples though, they used them on Memento Mori's last two singles before disbanding.

Edited by AimiGen7

On 21.06.2017 at 0:11 AM, AimiGen7 said:

Oh wow. I wonder how good he is. Kuroyuri would really benefit from an official drummer who could help with the song writing, tbh

well, his Twitter bio clearly says that he used to play in Dead children (Rey from Nega)

hmmm...when they change the hair you can almost say that a new look is pretty close to be revelated... 

and i liked the current support drummer,he seems to fit in  kuroyuri to kage's atmosphere more than mutsuki

i wouldn' mind if him become an official member...come new look new drummer and new album. Amen.

Mei posted a picture of himself, rockin' some aviator glasses. Also, he's not hiding his phone for once.

19441329_119258955341622_141563429_n.jpg 

I wonder if Kuro is going to have a new look soon

Anyone remember this old Memento Mori video? I think the part where they rehearse Sakurabi, Awaki Samidare Ni really shows Mei's vocal skills. It was back before Mei developed his stage persona. I always wondered though, why does the studio version have a piano and the live version a Shamisen? I'd personally love to hear the Shamisen in the studio version. 

i think they will never put again shamisen and shakuhachi on their sound like they did as memento mori,but still possible

bcuz they are still japanese people and seem to appreciate the traditional japanese stuff...

and mei's voice + enka stuff...you know,suits perfectly.

(does anyone have lyrics for their 2 singles toshabutsu and kinou no kowai yume?)

tbh at this point they should just invest in a drum machine

10 hours ago, Manji 卍 said:

(does anyone have lyrics for their 2 singles toshabutsu and kinou no kowai yume?)

I found a translation of Kinou no Kowai Yume on Tumblr, and put them on Jpopasia (of course I credited the original post, so don't worry xD), but I haven't found the exact lyrics. 

Apparently, the lyrics for Toshabutsu are written in such a weird way, no one has cared to post them yet

Edited by AimiGen7

10 hours ago, Tokage said:

tbh at this point they should just invest in a drum machine

If EZ Drummer (Or whatever software they're using, doesn't sound very convincing though for sure) counts, then they technically have

DDeUfmEUIAAcSJk.jpg

DDeUbeaUwAAooyO.jpg 

Kuroyuri has some new T-shirt designs. And we get some wonderful pictures of Mei-Chan. 

Kuroyuri seems to be getting themselves hooked up now. They also changed their twitter's official profile pic to have the members in masks. 

They also have been preforming a lot with Gibkiy Gibkiy Gibkiy, which we all know has ex members from many influential Vkei bands, such as Lamiel, Kagerou and L'arc en Ciel. (It'd be so cool to see Kuroyuri release a single with Gibkiy).

I think they may have something big planned within the near future so keep your eyes peeled (Hopefully an album!! Give us one!!)

Edited by AimiGen7

I translated the first part of the interview last week. I was going to wait with posting it until I'm all done but I think I won't be doing the remaining part for at least another week. I'll update this post once I've done it.

Special interview: Kuroyuri to kage vs Rave

This time Kuroyuri to kage and Rave will go on a two-man tour together, with start at the 21st of july at Meguro Rokumeikan, and they will stop at 4 spots in the country.

Today, we have Rave’s vocalist Ren, and their guitarist nisa for a special interview with Kuroyuri to kage’s Karasuna Mei (from now: Mei) and Kuro. 

Before the tour starts they are talking freely with us here about the commotion they are about to start! (some censor will occur).

Ren: The first time we met was in January of 2015, wasn’t it? We had a three-man gig sponsored by PS Company along with Avelcain!*

Nisa: Yeah, that gig was almost like a martial arts meeting. Anyway, none of us were really good friends so the atmosphere back-stage was….

Kuro: Yeah, we just greeted each other and nothing more, haha. We went in to our own dressing room, got dressed, did our make-up, performed and went home. 

Nisa: Yeah. But the same year in September all of us went on a three-man tour! Avel to kage to rave, right? I remember all three bands being packed in a small dressing room, and then all of a sudden, Mei just put on a randoseru** and walked away. I just thought “Why is he wearing a randoseru..?” By the way, at that time we did something that we called “Kuro Rave”, with a darker theme as well.

Kuro: Yeah, when I saw that I honestly thought you guys look better with a darker aura. You should come over to our side!

Everyone: *laughs*

Nisa: With that being said, we have been gigging together quite a lot. Despite this it feels like we never have gotten to know each other personally. 

Kuro: That’s true. At the dressing rooms we usually just greet each other and that’s it. But eventually we gradually started talking a bit more. 

Interviewer: For this tour, it was actually Kuroyuri to kage who asked Rave to join them!

Kuro: Yup, that is correct! When we performed together on events earlier we talked and said “It would be cool if we could do something like this again”. So that’s why.

Ren: I think we had that talk right about this time last year! I really wanted to do it, so when time came around this year we discussed it in the band and decided to go for it. 

Nisa: I feel that we are kinda similar, Kuroyuri to kage and Rave. In the sence that we’re both kinda raw and vulgar. Specifically Ren in our band lol.

Kuro: I totally understand. I spoke about this with my twin, and bassist K as well. When we’ve seen you guys on screen at events, your stage approach is different but your vocalist reminds us of our band in some essential way. We really love our vocalist and that’s why we’re in a band together, but we think Ren is really cool.

Nisa: I think we normally just trash things though.

Kuro: You’ve certainly changed.

Ren: Hey, we’re just living normally.

Nisa: Normal is quite different from what we do though. 

Kuro: We rarely meet with other bands so we’re normally cold and unwelcoming to people we don’t have any interest in. However, you guys have a very cool attitude, we’re quite different in some ways but I still think we get along. Since we are like this we rarely ask people to gig with us either, but we’re different with you guys.

Interviewer: Please tell us the charm point and concept of your bands!

Mei: We have no concept.

Nisa: Well, when you think of Kuroyuri to kage there’s certainly an image attached to it though…

Kuro: I’m glad you said that! We decided to not categorize us and simply do what we want, and find cool. Then our fans and people who hear about us get to attach an image, or categorize us the way they want to. In a sense that’s kind of our concept I guess.

Nisa: My image of Kuroyuri to kage is throwback to old school visual kei with hints of the modern day era. 

Kuro: Ah, that’s really cool. Thanks a lot.

Nisa: Your visuals are always black and reminds me of the 90′s. However your music is very modern. Normally those bands have guitarist who are more in the background while their vocalist is the main performer, no? And their sekaikan***… So at first that’s what I thought of you guys as well. But when we rehearsed together I was like “huh? they’re really good!!”. Your sound is really nice, your song writing is fun. I have a memory of saying this to you guys earlier at a gig as well *laughs*

Kuro: Thank you very much! Yeah, also think you did. You said “you guys are nice”

Nisa: wait a second, who the hell do you think you are?! *laughs*

Nisa: So what’s your image of us?

Kuro: I think I still have the same image of you as when I got to Tokyo. It was when you released “Uchoten baburu”. Glittery and sparkly.

Nisa. Is that so… 

Kuro: Yes. But when I saw you live the first time you weren’t all that… in a good way, of course.

Nisa: We’re basically a kirakira-fraud. We’re often being told “I look at your artist pictures and went to your gig but I feel betrayed! I didn’t think your live would be this raw”. 

Kuro: But yes, the way your vocalist poses, and his way of behaving on stage it’s unfixed, unfined. His appeal towards the audience is really something. You are you as a band, but I also feel everyone in your band is doing what they like at the same time. You act as a backbone to yourself, as a guitarist. So when I realized your really good at guitar, make great sounds I kept asking you about your gear when we performed together. When I felt that and you told me that I was great I was like “What the hell are you talking about?! You’re a much better guitarist”

Interviewer: Being told something like that from someone as cool as Kuro must have been throbing!

Nisa: Right. It was! At first glance they’r really scary. But they have different sides as well and all are equally cool.

Kuro: We’re not like other Visual kei bands really, and it feels like people are scared of us sometimes. 

Nisa: But once you talk to you, you realize you’re actually good guys. So I thought it was good that we started talking eventually. I want our fans to realize that as well. So if you write “THEY’RE REALLY GOOD GUYS” in caps then maybe they’ll get it *laughs*

Ren: Don’t you think you and Kuro resemble each other a bit?

Nisa: Well, that might be so inside the band. I act cool and all but backstage I really care and what to protect people… Wow, it really sounds like I’m trying to make myself more than I am *laughs*

Kuro: Oh and yeah. You’re also in charge of the songwriting aren’t you? I write all songs for us as well so there’s something else that we have in common.

Interviewer: So the vocalists, how do you see each other?

Mei: I think Ren’s way of reducing distance is very scary. At first sight I’m usually like “Thanks for gigging with us. We’re xxx”, and that’s it. I usually go to the dressing room alone and don’t speak to anyone. So he comes with absolutely no motive and just speaks normally for no reason. I thought that was really cool. I don’t engage in small talk but I have a memory of him doing it so naturally and I was like “Yeah, hey man. I’m kinda hungover today” *laughs*

Ren: Yeah. I think I asked you how you were doing as well.

Mei: Yes, so it wasn’t very formal. As a matter of fact, I think you were the only one I spoke to during that tour. 

Nisa: Actually it changed recently. Way back he used to just glare in the dressing room. 

Kuro: Is that so…

Interviewer: Good thing Mei at least spoke to you, Ren! *laughs*

Ren: I guess so *laughs*. As a matter of fact, we talked about baseball as well. Mei actually like Yokohama Baystars! I’m more of a Tokyo Yakult Swallows fan myself though. At that time last year they were doing heat-up, so I asked how he was doing.

Kuro: So in the end, you didn’t ask about how Mei was doing but his favorite team?

Ren. That’s correct. Yakult Swallows were really bad last season. They did great the season before that though. Man, baseball sure is nice. 

Nisa: Mei, do you drink alcohol?

Mei. Yeah, I drink pretty much. I’m kind of an alcoholic *laughs*

Nisa: Do you get pumped when you drink?

Mei: Yeah, as if I were about to rap

Nisa: …rap? *laughs*

Mei: I drank until 5 in the morning yesterday.

Ren: I drink until 7-8 in the morning sometimes. And then I drink as I wake up again *laughs*

Mei: I drink before I sleep, and then I drink to be able to live as well. I don’t feel like myself when I’m sober… 

Kuro: You guys drink too much! I usually don’t drink at all, but if someone asks me like “hey, let’s go out to drink!!” I can drink until the morning as well. But I never drink at home.

Nisa: That’s surprising! You look as if you’d be very tolerant to alcohol.

Kuro: Let’s go out for drinks during our upcoming tour then!

Mei: I want to go to ****** (For the artist to keep his honor, we decided to blur it out. Use your imagination and try figure out what he means)****

Ren: Oh! ******. That would be cool.

Mei: I’m going to ****** a lot lately!

Ren: Where exactly are you going? I usually go to ******

Interviewer: Hey! Don’t just talk about stuff I can’t make public *laughs*

Ren: This interview is really something *laughs*

Mei: I’m changing the topic a bit but I sometimes go to Nakano and do covers and just play music. To let of steam and stress you know.

Ren: What exactly do you cover?

Mei: Music from the Showa era. Ging Nang Boyz for example. 

Ren: Oh really?! They’re what got me in to music. Specifically their song “GOING STEADY”.

Mei: I like other genres as well. But Mineta-san is cool.

Ren: I think so too.

Kuro: If both of you vocalists have your roots in music like that… Then why are you actually in visual kei bands? *laughs*

Nisa: Is that their roots…? *laughs*

Interviewer: I think there’s a lot of visual kei vocalists who like Ging Nang Boyz 

Mei: No I don’t think so. I’ve never heard of anyone.

Kuro: It’s these guys here! *laughs*

Ren: It’s almost like a miracle! I’m actually waiting for… (interview is cut because Mei and Ren goes on for too long)

Interviewer: Mei, what’s your impression of Rave?

Mei: I’ve actually not had a good chance to see them yet. When we’ve played together it’s always at small stages where I can’t go out and see them. And I usually don’t go and watch other bands afterwards. I put on my earphones, go back to the dressing room and listen to music instead.

Nisa: This guy is just as you’d imagine isn’t he?!

Interviewer: By the way, when you gigged with Kamen joshi, you weren’t allowed to play benjo right?